Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hemraj BaggaYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda recognises how each individual is different and that food intake must vary for each person. Ayurveda in total has identified six taste groups i.e sour, sweet, pungent, salty, astringent and bitter. All these taste groups have health benefits. The inclusion of all of these six tastes gives you satisfaction and provides nourishment and choosing one food group over the other may lead to health issues. A lot of people falter when it comes to eat right and overdo fast food. Eating bitter and pungent foods helps in reducing sugar cravings.
An overall view
The doshas can also be affected by the six tastes. Doshas can increase or decrease depending on the kind of food intake. They fluctuate depending on the laws of attraction. Predominance of ‘kapha’ leads to more accumulation of the same. ‘Vata’ gets pacified by salty, sour and sweet foods. Bitter, sweet and pungent foods reduce 'pitta'. ‘Kapha’ gets reduced by bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
Warm and heavily cooked foods are soothing for ‘vata’ type. Sweeteners, fatty or oily food help ‘vata’. Wheat and rice work wonders for ‘vata’. Vegetables, juicy fruits and cream are good for ‘vata’ as well. However, spicy and hot foods should be avoided.
Pitta is fiery; hence hot foods should be avoided. Cool foods assist digestion. Oil, salt and fat should be taken in small quantities. Ripe and sweet fruits and most vegetables help pacify pitta. Dairy products (except sour ones) are OK in moderation. Mint and coriander cool pitta. Pomegranate, rice and coconuts bring down pitta as well.
Kapha needs warming up and should be stimulated. Dry, warm and light foods lower kapha. Less oil and fat should be used. Barley, rye and buckwheat are grains that are ideal for kapha and so are cranberries and apples. Salt should be minimal for kapha types. Non-fat or low fat milk is ok, but cultured dairy should be abstained from.
Ama, a toxic substance, is believed to form once there is incomplete digestion. You should drink plenty of water at room temperature or warm water to prevent the formation of ‘ama’. Eating what sets your tongue on fire is also healthy for your body.
My wife is not getting her regular period the amount of bleeding is very low her last month period starting day was on March 24. She is having regular 30 days period every month but till now this month not so much bleeding happened from past 3 days very low amount is bleeding she got worried please tell me what is happening.
1 year passed of my marriage. I want a baby but fails to conceive. My wifes reports are normal. My sperm count is 45. And motile 30. What is the best way to increase this as fast as can. And to conceive baby. Pls advise. Any medicine are food.
I had a problem of pregnancy test But one line is faint & one line is deep is it positive result? Please advise.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
I got perinial abscess and operated for 2 times, after that got abscess 5-6 times but puss got drained out automatically. I get pain in anal region before puss formation. How to get rectified.
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and cesarean section (c-section).
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
I'm a 22 year old female. I have been irregular on my periods for over 8 months now. And even when they do come very less compared to an year ago. My body starts hurting before the periods begin. I read about this condition on the internet but have not been consulting any gynaecologist yet. I haven't changed my diet in years. Is it natural or it's a problem?
Sir, I'm a married man. I want to stop pregnancy. What type of curable and health related medicine are there in the market.
Is your life dull and boring? Are you unhappy with the way you are leading your everyday life? Laughter is very important for living and is a vital part of healthy living. It helps in relieving tension, reducing stress, making you relax, and increases your happiness. Here are some ways following which you can bring more laughter in your life:
- Connect with an old friend
- Connecting with a friend from the past is ideal for bringing up topics and memories which are sure to make you laugh.
- Remembering funny incidents, stories, and hilarious moments can make you revisit old days and laugh.
- Humour in your everyday life
- Laughter and fun can be found in all places. You need to find them out.
- There can be a lot of common, ordinary things which are ironically or sarcastically funny. Observe humorous moments from everything around you and share them with your people.
- Watch your favourite television shows
- Watching your favourite comedy shows and programs on the tv will bound to loosen you up.
- Instead of watching deep movies that are thought to provoke, something light and capable of making you laugh is also important.
- Spend time with children
- Kids are uninhabited, simple and happy beings. You will be able to recall your childhood by talking to children. This is a great way to make you laugh.
- Have sleepovers
- Sleepovers may be old fashioned, but they are a source of unadulterated laughter.
- Inviting friends over for movies and makeovers paves the way for unlimited laughter all night long.
- Visit amusement parks
- Amusement parks are a great way of having fun and also realising how you can laugh at simple things.
- Visit amusement parks with your friends or family and have a great time laughing.
- Listen to funny songs from your childhood
- Listening to your favourite funny songs from childhood is a nice way for you to loosen up.
- It will remind you of your memories with that song, which is bound to make you recapitulate and laugh.
- Play in bouncy houses
- You should hop in bouncy houses that are meant for children.
- You can come across these at birthday parties, community events, and play centres. Jumping and laughing are sure to give you a good time.
You should also try to make the people around you laugh. Hearing the laughter of others will surely make you laugh as well as it is very much contagious. Tell ridiculous jokes and rhymes to make your friends and close ones burst out in laughter, which will be a matter to laugh about for you as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.