Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hari DuttYour feedback matters!
My baby is 2.5 months old. Since last 1 month she has developed cough abd I have been giving her tusq p drops. Although cough ia getting removed via stools and vomits but it still persists. Please suggest how long will it take to ger rid of cough completely.
My baby boy is 2 months old. Now a days he is not sleeping well. And his weight is 5 kg now. 3.4 kg is his birth weight. I'm in doubt that is my milk is sufficient for him. Please let me know.
Hi, Can my newborn baby (20 days) sleeps in an air condition rooms. If yes what will be the temp range? How to make him sleep better?
Sometimes children suffer from conditions where their feet may not be in proper shape or size, something that can affect their posture. Most of the times the disorders get corrected themselves as children grow up, but there can be situations where medical attention is required. These conditions can be normal variations in the anatomy as well which don't essentially require treatment. Some of the common orthopedic disorders found in children include:
- Flatfeet: While most babies are born with flat feet which develop arches as they grow, in some case the arches remain underdeveloped even after they grow older. Their feet may turn inwards while they walk due to their flat nature. There is no inherent problem in this condition unless it becomes painful. Doctors may recommend special footwear with arches inserted for support to reduce the pain.
- Toe Walking: Toe walking is not a disorder while your child is just learning to walk. Toddlers who continue to walk on their toes after the age of 3 may require medical attention. Toe walking on one leg or persistent toe walking can be due to other medical conditions like muscle weakness, cerebral palsy or autism. It is advisable to take your child to a therapist for casting the foot and ankle which can help stretch the muscles.
- Pigeon Toes: In toeing or pigeon toeing is common among babies when they are first learning to walk. Sometimes children above 3 years walk with their toes inwards which can be due to femoral anteversion. This happens when upper part of the leg bends more than it naturally should, causing inward rotation of the feet. Specially designed shoes and braces can help to correct this condition. Usually, the condition corrects on its own with age and does not interfere with sport activities which involve running.
- Knock-Knees: It is a common tendency among children aged between 3 and 6 to develop knock-knees (genu valgum), since their bodies go through natural shift in alignment. Usually, treatment is not required as the legs straighten out eventually. Knock knees on one side or persistent knock knees may require medical attention. Children with this disorder may suffer from pain hence in some cases surgery is recommended after the age of 10.
Is soft energy drink. Soy milk also good for giving 6 months baby. I have soy milk of Abbott company isomil. But she's not liking it.
A spoonful of honey can quieten children?s? night time cough and help them and their parents sleep better.
When compared to the cough syrup ingredient dextromethorphan or no treatment, honey came out on top. According to a study from Archives of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, the results are so strong that it can be said that honey is better than no treatment and dextromethorphan was not in children with upper respiratory infections (URIs). There is currently no proven effective treatment for cough due to an URI like the common cold. While dextromethorphan is widely used, there is no evidence that it works, and it carries risks.
Honey is used around the world as a home remedy for cough, and might provide a safe, effective alternative to cough medicine.
To investigate its role, the researchers compared buckwheat honey, a honey?flavoured dextromethorphan preparation, and no treatment in 105 children who had sought treatment for night time coughs due to colds. Among the three groups, children given honey had the greatest reduction in cough frequency and severity, and the most improved sleep, as did their parents. Its sweet, syrupy quality may be soothing to the throat, while its high antioxidant content could also be a factor. Honey also has antimicrobial effects.
Honey is not recommended for infants younger below one year of age because of the risk of botulism spores.
My baby is 2 months old initial diagnosis results say he has neonatal hepatitis. What is its cure and how much time will it take for the baby to recover.
Sir my son is 2.5 yrs old and he doesn't speak anything only say papa very rarely, what is the problem and what should I do.
My daughter is 2 years old. She did not cry at the time of birth. She cried after 2 hours. Neither she can sit nor standup. She is very active in other activities. Every doctor says that it is NEURO problem. Some doctor advised us to do regular exercises. Medicines are also running on. Please advise us regarding such problem.
My wife feeds baby but at night time she is shortage of milk as compered in a day so pls let me know what is the solution.
My son age 10 years old has stomach pain oftenly, all doctors diagnose soiling in stomach they give some pain killer and anti biotic but its repeats again with in8-10 days what can we do for permanent relief thanks.
I am 29years old suffering female, suffering from back pain since 4month. I am a breastfeeding mother. I applied pain relief ointments and anti inflammatory ointment not getting any relief. So kindly suggest any medical advice.
My child's age is 11 years he has fever, vomiting, stomach and body pain from 4 days and we have showed on 15/07/2015 to Dr., she has prescribed ibugesic plus and given injection, but nothing has cured, next morning we have visited to colombia asia hospital, after every tests, doctor has confirmed about dengue fever and his plate cells are 141000 and doctors has injected one small bottle injection and one big bottle on 16/07/2015 at 11: 30 am in casualty ward, we have requested regarding admission because we don't want to take any risk regarding our child's life, they explain us (in seven days dengue fever plate cells will increasing and digress, if lower level has touches counts of the plate cells then only we suggest for admission nothing to worry, just make daily blood test twice for counts of plate cells and take daily medicines which we have prescribed) doctor has sent with injected needle in wrist and from same day 07: 00 pm to 09: 45 pm had loose motion 7 times, again I have contact to hospital and explain to duty doctor, he suggested nothing to worry, it's a part of the curing we have given the injections that is coming out and if any infection in the stomach it will cure properly my request to all doctors please suggest, we have to do running treatment is enough or we have to proceed for other treatment.
My daughter has persistent cough sometimes please prescribe some antibiotic to cure it she is 4years old.
For a child, the first visit to the dentist can be panicky. This is because they don't realize what's in store. Children get a better idea about dentists after getting some information about the visit. We, as grown ups, must be set up to answer the inquiries and instruct our children in the most ideal way.
The following are some valuable tips on the best way to set up a child for the first dentist appointment:
- Guardians regularly ask when they ought to take their child for the first ever dental visit. The best time to begin taking children for a dental checkup is either when their first tooth pops out, or right around their first birthday. Expert dentists are capable of instantly recognizing any potential issues with the development and advancement of the jaw and delicate palate. Children's teeth are more porous and defenseless to decay than grown-up's teeth; so early mediation is a basic to guarantee those small teeth staying sound. It is also recommended that guardians begin brushing their child's teeth when they start coming out, utilizing a delicate toothbrush and plain water. Brushing should be started as early as possible.
- It's never too early to begin acquainting your kids with tooth brushing and knowledge of oral health. The best time to begin is before your kid's first dental visit. Youngsters love to find out about their bodies, and love to grin, touch, and investigate new things. There are many fun ways to impart oral health education to children. The more agreeable they are with their mouth and teeth, the less demanding your youngster's first dental visit will be.
- Tooth brushing is an essential piece of our everyday self-care, and it is our habit. A child, after being introduced to a brush and a toothbrush will take a certain time period to make daily brushing a habit. Guardians and the kids can brush their teeth "together". It is essential to note that toothbrushes are apparatuses, not toys, and that infants and babies ought to be firmly directed.
- Little children, are extremely insightful and touchy to the states of mind of people around them. Children regularly reflect our conduct. When we are casual and upbeat, children will probably be loose, as well. Children are additionally more casual when they are prepared for or taught something. Invest energy conversing with children about going to the dentist. You can also discuss what the dentist will do, emphatically.
- Always choose the most trustworthy dentist who is friendly and knows how to handle a child on his first dentist visit.
A child's first dentist appointment is a special one, and you should prepare him accordingly.