Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 23 years old man. I have lot of pimples on my face. I tried various creams and face packs but of no use. How can I get rid of them?
I am 22 years old. I have been suffering from pimples on my face for the last five years. Please help me to get rid off from that.
I have black scars on my face, because I got chickenpox, what should I do to remove it, please help me.
I am 31 years old and suffering from skin problem on my feet like peel off, itching, burning. pls tell what to do?
I have oily nose but my other face skin is ok please recommend me cream which is good for daily use and easily available.
Oily skin can cause a number of unfavourable changes to the skin. It makes the skin look greasy and dirty. The complexion looks darker and gets tanned easily. Oily skin also suffers from bouts of acne, pimples, rashes and scars. Black patches and blotchy spots are common. This can be really upsetting and cause low self esteem. In an attempt to hide the acne marks and uneven skin tone, many resort to chemical products and make up. This further complicates the skin condition causing severe damage.
Oily skin can be genetic or a result of hormonal imbalance and other external factors, such as weather conditions, applications of certain creams or oils or an unhealthy diet. The skin turns oily when there is excessive secretion from the sebaceous glands on the skin. However, as oil attracts dirt and germs, these pores and glands get blocked which trigger blackheads, pimple and boil like rashes. Cosmetics will only aggravate the rashes, preventing its cure and leaving behind permanent scars and patches.
At such a time, homeopathic treatment is highly recommended and most preferred. It is completely safe, natural and non toxic. Homeopathic medicines do not cause any adverse side effects. Homeopathy can be used to safely treat all age groups. Teenagers who have hit puberty are more prone to oily skin and acne.
Steps to care for oily skin:
1. Clean your face thoroughly more than twice daily. Cleansing the face is extremely important specially after coming home from outside and before going to bed.
2. An astringent or toner must be applied on the skin after a thorough cleansing procedure. An antiseptic liquid can also be very helpful as it removes germs and causes of infection.
3. Reduce exposure to sun and pollution to control skin damage. It is necessary to use a natural non-greasy sunscreen every time you step out.
4. A balanced diet, rich in green vegetables, fruits and fibres is of utmost need. Junk food, aerated drinks and excessive caffeine consumption have to be stopped as soon as possible.
Homeopathic medicines that help to treat oily skin:
1. Silicea and Kali Bromatum help to control the greasiness of the skin and are most effective on skin that has pimple scars and acne.
2. Bovista helps to treat oily skin that has been damaged by excessive use of chemical cosmetics.
3. Psorinum treats oily skin that has dark patchy facial skin.
4. Sulphur helps to clear the skin and give a healthy glow.