Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gunecha Sandhya R
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gunecha Sandhya RYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir/ Madam, When I tested my wife urine the result was weekly pregnant. Even after 8 weeks scanning report was showing 5 weeks pregnant YOLK SAC WAS SEEN BUT NO CORPUS FOUND. Spotting was started after 7 weeks. Doctor suggesting for abortion. I want to know the reason why this is happened. Kindly answer.
PCOS is a condition which can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones and aspects of appearance. It can also affect long term health.
1. Irregular periods or no periods at all
2. Difficulty becoming pregnant (reduced fertility)
3. Having more facial or body hair than is usual for you (hirsutism)
4. Being overweight, rapid increase in weight, difficulty losing weight
5. Oily skin, acne
6. Depression and mood swings
The cause of PCOS is not yet known. PCOS sometimes runs in families. If any of your relatives (mother, sister or aunts) are affected with PCOS, your own risk of developing PCOS is increased. The symptoms of PCOS are related to abnormal hormone levels. Hormones are chemical messengers which control body functions. Insulin is a hormone which regulates the level of glucose (a type of sugar) in the blood.
If you have PCOS, your body may not respond to the hormone insulin (known as insulin resistance, so the level of glucose is higher). To prevent the glucose levels becoming higher, your body produces more insulin. High levels of insulin can lead to weight gain, irregular periods, infertility and higher levels of testosterone.
This disorder affects the function of the ovaries, which produce eggs and the hormones oestrogen and progesterone. As the ovaries aren't working properly, eggs may not be released in a regular monthly cycle.
Marma Chikitsa is a significant aspect of the Ayurvedic treatment. Marmas are specific points on the body where the application of pressure induces the flow of vital energy (prana) along a complex system of subtle channels called (nadis). Healing through marma chikitsa affects the energy flow through the energy meridians or Nadi. These in turn govern the functional and health aspect of every metabolic system in the body. Marma chikitsa pays more attention to the functional aspect, the metabolism rather than organ specific. Ayurveda deeply believes and caters to the holistic health and not disease management, in the treatment of patients.
Unlike acupressure (as is being practiced today), Marma chikitsa does not concentrate on 'organs'. It stimulates the designated metabolic function, mind control, hormonal support and strength points/marma that influences health of the person. Because of its 'spiritual' component it differs from other 'hands on' therapies. Marma can actually alter consciousness, and change one’s awareness. From that place a person can move forward with self care, creativity, and renewed energy
Marma zones of the body
- It takes training, practice and powerful intuition on part of the therapist and doctor to consider the ideal combination of 'marma' for effective treatment.
- Modern medicine looks at heart disease from the focus of heart functions, anatomical structure of the heart.
- Marma Chikitsa (as a part of Ayurveda) looks at the Mind-Body association of the functioning of the heart. Heart functioning depends on Nutrition, mind set, liver strength, natural detoxification, improving blood quality, lifestyle and even the past of the patient to bring about effective treatment. This wholistic attitude, where all aspects of the person are considered is a more complete treatment methodology with lasting results.
We at Health Solutions practice this philosophy and have been able to influence the patient progress where in s/he has made leaps of positive progress in their bodily functions, stamina, performance, peace of mind, over and above the improved functioning of the heart or other specific organs. Patients and others who care for their health can call us with as much information as they can provide on their current health status, what treatment they are currently taking and its impact; their lifestyle (food, temperament, daily schedules) family history.
A detailed treatment schedule is customized for them. Treatment sessions are designed to be most comfortable for the patient. Most of the times, the treatment sessions are repeated every month for as long as the doctor understands necessary for long lasting results.
Mostly, it is FDA approved, clinically proved Ayurvedic medicine based ( Suved and Reimmugen), non-invasive, supported with dietary guidelines, lifestyle changes, nutritional support and targets at building the immunity of the person to lead healthier lives. Marma Chikitsa holistic treatment science and it is going to be the choice of treatment in modern days.
I m 30 years lady. In DEC, I had unprotected sex with my husband but within 30 hrs I had i-pill but I think it was local something. Now I m having fever from last 2 weeks, not feeling good to do anything. I did preg test at home. It is also positive. I missed my DEC periods also. But some spotting was there. I am little bit surprised how could I have pregnancy when I had that i-pill.
A STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important?
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from a STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have a STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of Not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphillis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages, can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, bloody and abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete. Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility.
The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia. For more information, make an appointment with us. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.