Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gayathri Dangare
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gayathri DangareYour feedback matters!
A few dietary guidelines to combat pcos
Try to select lower glycemic index foods such as whole grains (jowar, bajra, whole wheat, green vegetables, etc) as they will cause a slower rise in blood sugar levels. For example, oat flakes or wheat daliah (10 gm fiber/1/2 cup) has a lower glycemic index than cornflakes (1 gm fiber/1/2 cup. Simply put, add fiber in your diet by selecting wheat breads over white breads, wheat rotis over rice or maida naans, fresh fruits over fruit juices.
Do cut down your carbohydrate levels so low that you induce ketosis. Try to space the carbohydrates evenly through the day and eat small and frequent meals rather than 3 large meals.
Restrict intake of those carbohydrates that trigger more hunger or cravings (i. E. Refined sugar, sweets, candies or chocolates which triggers craving for some people). Choose dates or honey to meet your sugar cravings.
Suggested vitamin/ mineral supplements: taking calcium 1000 mg - 1500 mg (take two - three 500 mg pills a day as prescribed but be sure to space them out as you can only absorb 500 mg at a time). You may also add a multivitamin with minerals like folic acid, especially so, if you are trying to get pregnant.
Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day as a high fiber carbohydrate intake can cause dehydration.
For heart health, limit foods high in saturated and trans-fats (i. E, whole milk and products, butter, red meat, fried foods, rich desserts, etc.). Select mainly monounsaturated fats (i. E. Olive oil, canola oil, nuts) and omega 3 fats -fatty fish (such as bangda, rohu, sardines, and surmai), flaxseed, and nuts as these fats are heart friendly. Exercise on a regular basis to lose weight and improve insulin response.
Abhyangam is a popular body massage in Ayurveda. The word abhyanga itself means to massage.
In Ayurveda, the Abhyangam massage has become popular because of its effective way of conditioning the body. Abhyangam can be used therapeutically.
Abhyangam can increase the production of white blood corpuscles and antibodies, which provide more resistance against viruses and diseases. This helps the defense mechanism in the body and increases immunity towards environmental changes. In this way Abhyangam massage is a protector, preserver and a rejuvenator, increasing self-confidence and will power.
In Ayurveda the Abhyangam massage is described as:
1. Jarahar (anti aging) - If done daily to the spine, feet and head with sesame oil, coconut oil, mustard oil or almond oil massage increases virility, vitality and semen. Massage is one practice, which provides energy, vitality, and nourishment to all body surface, which prevents wrinkles, dry patchy skin and old age approaches late, one remains young and energetic for longer duration. In this way, massage is anti aging.
2. Shram Har (fatigue reliever) - Fatigue is actually caused by physical and mental strain. It affects the muscles and causes tensions. Rubbing, patting and squeezing muscles gently removes fatigue by increasing circulation and cleansing accumulated toxic material. .
3. Vata Har (pacifies the Vata) - Regular Abhyangam massage with Mahanarayana oil or oils prepared by burning garlic in heated oil, or adding fenugreek seeds to boiling oil, mint oil and wintergreen oil all help in pacifying Vata.
4. Drishti Prasad Kar (Improve sight) - Daily practice of abhyangam massage can improve sight and reduces the risk of blindness. Those, who have weak sight or who suffers from diseases of the eyes should massage the feet, especially under the big toe and sole.
5. Pushti Kar (make one strong) - By increasing the circulation of vital life fluids, and because of rubbing, pressing and kneading massage makes the body strong, increases stamina, vitality and virility.
6. Ayu Kar (provides longevity) - By creating an electrochemical balance, massage helps in achieving longevity.
7. Swapna Kar (induces sleep) - Massage relaxes the body and removes tensions. Those suffering from sleeplessness, insomnia or those who are unable to enjoy sound sleep should massage the body (especially the head and feet) before sleeping.
8. Twak Dridh Kar (strengthens the skin) - People who live in cold climates get dry skin by constantly facing the chilled air, which creates dryness. Massage with oil remove dryness, also makes the skin smooth, shiny and regular rubbing makes it strong.
9. Klesh Sahatwa (provides resistance against disease and disharmony) - Massage strengthens the body tissues feeling pleasant and cheerful. This saves one from sorrows, agonies and anxieties.
10. Abhighat Sahatwa (resistance to injuries & power to recover quickly) - Those who massage the body regularly recover from physical injury more quickly than other person who do not massage. Those who massage regularly experience the healing process from within immediately and they experience comparatively less pain and fewer problems.
11. Kapha Vata Nirodhak – Prevent dryness and clogging of skin pores caused by secretions and action of Vata and Kapha.
12. Mrija Varna Bala Prad - It maintains body strength, skin health and also improves the color complexion and texture of the skin.
Thus in Ayurveda, Abhyangam massage is highly praised and much emphasis is placed on the uses of different oils according to body type and season.
Is urine infection is the reason I am not getting pregnant please guide I wanna conceive asap its been 5 months I am married.
I have a period problem for example if my periods strt at 20th and ends at 25th in one month but in the next month my periods comes at may be on 25th or 27th is it possible for every one what could be the problem?
I have been physical to my female friend but we din't had sex.I fingered her for 4-5 minutes and my hands were dry i had touched my penis once but i cleaned my hand on my jeans.Now my friend has not getting her periods on her date,is she pregnant?
What is the first precaution should take when spotting occurs in pregnancy? I am 6 weeks pregnant and just now I got dark brown discharge.
Some Treatments May Affect Penis Size
Life is full of trade-offs. Giving up that extra dessert in order to look good in those tight pants, for example, or eating in instead of out in order to help finance that vacation trip. But sometimes there may be unexpected trade-offs a guy doesn't even know about. For example, occasionally a man may need some medical treatments to address a concern but they could have unexpected side effects. And if those side effects are in the area of penis care, that can be especially concerning. Yet there are some treatments which may just do that, by potentially decreasing penis size - not something that most men would want to happen.
Peyronie's disease is a condition in which a man's penis bends at an extreme angle when erect. Many, many men have some degree of curvature to their erect penis, either up, down or to one side, and that is perfectly normal. But with Peyronie's disease, the curvature is so extreme that it can interfere with proper functioning and often causes pain when the penis is erect.
One of the side effects of Peyronie's disease is that the curvature can effectively shorten the penis. But penis size can also be affected by treatments for Peyronie's. If a patient undergoes plication surgery for Peyronie's, penis size is almost always affected. That's because plication involves shortening the unaffected side of the penis, tucking it in so that the bent side straightens out. The amount of length lost depends upon the degree of curvature.
Some men have severe erectile dysfunction issues that are non-responsive to most recommended treatments. In such cases, a man may opt for an inflatable penis prosthetic, commonly called an implant. While many men hope that this procedure will actually result in greater penis size, it often has the opposite effect. The surgical procedure to place the implant in the penis may result in some scarring, which may take off a small degree of erect penis size. Many men are happy for this trade-off if it means they can once again enjoy a more active sexual life - but they should know about the potential reduction in penis size so they can make an informed choice.
Prostate issues, especially prostate cancer, are serious. In some cases, the optimal treatment is a radical prostatectomy, in which the entire prostate and seminal vesicles are removed. In such cases, there may be a diminution of penis size, most likely related to the unwanted development of penile fibrosis.
In some cases, other treatments for prostate cancer may result in less penis length. There have been such instances reported both for androgen suppression coupled with radiation therapy and for androgen suppression alone.
Some men may face an inevitable trade-off with penis size in order to treat prostate cancer, but because of the potential seriousness of the cancer, it may be necessary.
Men who experience a negative change in penis size due to medical treatments may experience self-consciousness, sorrow or depression. In such cases, they should seek professional mental health assistance to properly process and handle these feelings.
Treatments that affect penis size but cure other issues can be challenging. So can maintaining everyday penis health, but that challenge is made easier by the regular use of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A crème with the amino acid L-arginine can help keep penile blood vessels healthy by helping create valuable nitric oxide. The crème should also include vitamins A, B5, C, D and E; topical application directly to the member can help boost penis health.