Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gandhi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GandhiYour feedback matters!
The first thing anyone notices about you is your face and often people find themselves wishing for things like a slimmer nose, fuller lips etc. This is where facial cosmetic surgery comes in. Facial cosmetic surgery can address areas like your eyebrows, nose, cheeks, chin etc to give you the facial structure you've dreamed of.
Take a look at some of the common types of facial cosmetic procedures:
- Brow lift: Frown lines and creases that develop across the forehead, between the eyes and over the nose bridge can be addressed through this procedure. This surgery is performed mainly to combat signs of aging and involves raising eye brows that may be sagging over the eyelid.
- Eyelid surgery: Puffiness in the upper eye lids may be caused by excessive fat deposits. When combined with sagging skin, it can disturb the contours of the eye and in some cases cause vision problems. Blepharoplasty or eye lid surgery removes this excess skin and corrects fine lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes.
- Nose: A rhinoplasty is used to reconstruct the nose. The nasal skin is separated from the tissue and cartilage structure underneath which is then reshaped as desired and then sutured together again. Rhinoplasty is of two types; open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty.
- Ears: An octoplasty is a facial cosmetic surgery aimed at correcting protruding ears or large outer ears and correcting ear deformities such as a lop ear, cupped ear or shell ear and torn ear lobes. This surgery is usually performed on children between the ages of 4 to 14.
- Chin: Surgery on your chin can reshape it to make it look smaller or bigger as desired. This can be done by reshaping the jaw bone or inserting an implant. In some cases the procedure may be combined with liposuction.
- Forehead: Signs of aging on the forehead, frown lines or heavy brows triggered by stress and hereditary furrowed lines above the nose can be addressed with a forehead lift. This procedure is often performed along with a facelift or eyelid surgery.
- Facelift: As we grow older, our skin loses its elasticity. This triggers the development of wrinkles and deepens creases along the nose and cheek. Facelifts address these signs of aging by tightening skin and strengthening the muscles beneath it. Facial cosmetic surgery can also be used to correct congenital defects such as cleft lips and to treat scars.
Surgery to repair a cleft lip or cleft palate not only enhances appearances but also enhances the quality of life by improving functionality. Scar revision surgery involves the injecting or application of steroid medication to lighten the scar and make it less obvious. To treat burns that leave behind prominent scars, a procedure called Z plasty may be used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have black spots and even pimples on my face. I don't use anything but I want the marks and spot to get vanished from my face. What should I do? Though I am financially weak I can't buy expensive creams. Plsss help me.
I am 21 year old male and I have red marks in thighs and the skin is very thin . Sometimes itching also n bleeding too occurs.
I have came out in a rash 3 days ago iv tried cream but nothing seems to be working im scratching all day and night they seem to be goin all over my body.
Dear dermatologist I have sensitive skin which gets red and pimples when I shave daily, any solution to it please?
Vitiligo is a skin disorder that is characterized by the development of white patches on the skin. The disorder is chronic in nature; it occurs when the melanocytes (melanin production and distribution agent) which are present in the skin, die.
The area of the skin affected by this condition tends to vary from person to person. It may affect the insides of your mouth, hair, eyes and cause permanent discoloration.
Vitiligo can be classified into two types
1. Segmented Vitiligo: This type of vitiligo tends to spread fast but is stable than the other type. It is asymmetrical and affects such portions of the skin which are linked to nerves that originate in the dorsal roots along the spinal cord.
2. Non- Segmental Vitiligo: This type of vitiligo occurs in equal proportions on both sides of the body. This disorder affects the areas of the skin that are exposed to sun frequently, such as the arms, neck and the face.
There is no known cause of vitiligo; however, the likely causes are found to be trauma from a stressful event, chemical exposure and genetics. It may also result from complications in the immune system.
1. The primary symptom of vitiligo is the appearance of white patches on the skin.
2. The initial patches which occur on the skin are slightly pale in color; which becomes even paler in due course of time and eventually turn white, thus making them look distinct and prominent on the skin.
3. The edge of the patches may become inflamed and cause itching.
4. Direct exposure to the skin may cause the symptoms to aggravate.
According to Ayurveda, Leucoderma is caused due to the aggravation of Pitta Dosha. Pitta is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes heat or fire, and is manifested in the skin. Aggravated Pitta leads to accumulation of ama (toxins) in deep layers of the skin, leading to the condition of Leucoderma.
Pitta is of five types; one of them is Bhrajak Pitta that gives coloration to skin. In the case of Leucoderma, Bhrajak Pitta is in an imbalanced state, and therefore, the skin starts losing its color and white patches appear. Along with Pitta Dosha, deeper body tissues like Rasa Dhatu (nutrient plasma), Rakta (blood), Mansa (muscles), Lasika (lymph) are also involved in the disease.
Treatment consists of pacifying imbalanced body energies, cleansing the blood and administrating herbs that restore skin color. Poor digestion is the root cause of this disease, as it causes the build-up of toxins in the tissues. An essential part of treatment, therefore, is restoring digestion. The patient will also be advised on the correct diet and lifestyle adjustments to prevent recurrence of the disorder.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Increase consumption of vegetables that are bitter in taste, like drumsticks and bitter gourd.
- Stay away from difficult to digest foods, sour taste, excessive salt, curd, fish, jaggery and sesame seeds.
- Avoid consumption of opposite foods, such as fish and milk together.
- Have sound and adequate sleep daily.
- Do not over-expose yourself to excessive cold or heat conditions.
Sir I have black dots on my face give some measures to cure it and give some measures to weight gain.
I am facing dena a skin problem from 5 to 6 months I used many oninents but not got relieve it becomes good for a couple of tim and again the same problem occurs and tablets I have use is fluconazole ip 200 n cetrizine tab but noo relieve please tell me accurate treatment of it?
Agar mai anus se sex krta hoon or penis anus me daal ta hoon to kya aids ya cancer k chances hai.PLease tell.
An oily skin has a host of disadvantages. Apart from making a person look greasy and slimy, it also has major influences on the health of your skin. If you were not aware and thought of oily skin as an awkward condition only you should take a deeper look into its causal effects. Excess oil secretion can make you prone to sun tanning. It can lead to the formation of acne and can also result in upsetting dark patches.
Kinds of food to eat to rule out the ills of an oily skin:
- Include green leafy vegetables in your diet: Antioxidants can successfully fight off oily skin. Green leafy vegetables are rich in Vitamin C; they are known to reduce the effects of oxidants your skin regularly comes in contact with. Eat spinach and kale as much as you can. A green leafy vegetable should be part of your daily meal.
- Salmon can act as a savior: Everybody knows how oily salmon is. However, it is very valuable in treating an oily skin. Salmon is known to have a high percentage of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 acids keep sebum producing molecules on a leash. Thus, excess oil secretion can be controlled by consuming more of this nutritious fish.
- Nuts can combat an oily skin: Having nuts with honey or yogurt or having them directly can treat the ills of greasiness. Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E that is further known to repair an irregular skin. Increased oil secretion is likely to result in acne; acne appears due to breakage of cell membranes. Vitamin E adds strength to your cell walls thus taking care of ugly scars.
- Cucumbers can help your case: Consuming cucumbers raw can be of enormous use. They hydrate the skin by ridding you of excess oil. Antioxidants in cucumbers have the effects of an astringent. They however do not interfere with the functions of essential oils. Have a cucumber on a daily basis to find the way to a glowing skin.
- Enjoy the benefits of grapefruit: The reason behind an oily skin could be the crushing presence of toxins. Grapefruit, rich in Vitamin C, deals with these toxins. Grapefruit contains fiber that is also good for controlling oil secretion.
Related Tip: "6 Must Know Beauty Tips for Oily Skin!"