Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GandhiYour feedback matters!
I am a 26 year old male and I have been having blackheads and white head on my nose repetitively. What home remedies can you suggest to improve or even completely remove it?
Its been a month since I have recurring boils on my thighs (1-2 at a time&5 in total). They are quite painful, kindly help.
I want to reduce my oily skin as well as dark spot and obesity so please tell me how I can reduce these all things.
What medicines should I take remove black dots on face that arise due to pimples. Please suggest me the best names of medicines to remove black dots and it should not have any side effects.
This summer I m so upset because of sun tanned skin. I have very fare look so its really irritating. Any chemo or home remedy you know please share with me ?
I face was fair and beautiful but now black and boil on face. What I can to re fair and clear face and to get beautiful face.
Hi, am 25 male I got chicken pox long back because of that some deep pores occurred on my cheeks. With that pores my face looks ugly. So how can I get rid of those pores, please help me. Thanks.
Hello Doctor can you please tell what all things should I eat to get more glowing face ,plz suggest natural products.
I have skin problem so doctor ji my skin is very dark please tell good answer. So doctor ji you tell me right solution.
I have my skin getting peeled of from my hand in every winter season I have tried much by not getting it dry by putting moisture cream.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
- Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nano second to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
- Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
- Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
- Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimetres will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
- Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the colour, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin colour.
- Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
- Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert.