Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GaikwadYour feedback matters!
I am a 33 year old lady having acne marks for last 3years and melasma patches on my cheeks after having my first baby last year. Have tried everything from home remedies to chemical peels but nothing seems to work. Please suggest treatment. I am not allergic to any medicine but suggest treatment which can be continued while breastfeeding. Thank you.
Hello doctor i'm 30 years old. My skin is dry i'm using cetaphil moisturizer. Is the any anti aging cream or gel for my skin. Also I want to know what are the vitamins I can take for healthy skin as supplement. Can I try vitamin e capsules on my face. please suggest me some useful tips to avoid wrinkles.
I am suffering from whiteheads in last 7years I am follow good diet still whiteheads are come what I do?
Acne is a condition that usually occurs when you are in your adolescence, but sometimes it can happen when you are an adult as well. In women, it occurs when they have reached their menopausal age. The chances of adult acne occurring in women are higher than men.
What causes acne in adults
- Stress: If you are under stress on a regular basis, then the body tends to produce a hormone called androgen which stimulates oil glands in the skin, resulting in acne flare ups.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormonal imbalance in the body may lead to acne breakouts. You may experience imbalances in your hormones during your periods or when you have reached menopause. Acne may also occur if you have started or stopped taking birth control pills abruptly.
- Family history: If other people in the family are prone to acne, then you may be genetically predisposed to it.
- Medications: There are certain medications which can cause acne to flare up. They contain chemicals that stimulate hormones in the body thus, resulting in acne.
- Skin products: If you have oily skin, then using products that contain oil may aggravate acne. They may also contain chemicals which may clog pores in your skin.
Symptoms of acne in adults are often seen as bumps on the skin, blisters filled with pus and inflamed black heads. Apart from these some people also witness hard and painful lumps beneath the skin.
- Stay away from junk food: Avoid eating junk food and fried foods as they can aggravate oiliness in the skin and result in pimples. Rather, replace them with natural foods and other complex carbs.
- Drink plenty of water: Drink plenty of water as it helps in filtering out the waste products and toxins from your body.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking causes blood vessels to narrow and thus, limits blood circulation in the body. This may cause multiple complications in your skin, acne being one of them.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.