Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Dipali JainYour feedback matters!
I have a foul smell coming from my mouth even after brushing in the morning. How to I get free of bad breath.
While you might think that you are on track by brushing twice a day, but just doing that may not be enough. If your technique is not right or if you are using the wrong type of toothbrush, you are making your teeth vulnerable to infections and decay.
Here are the common brushing mistakes that can harm your teeth:
1. You do not brush long enough
The single most common mistake that people make while brushing is not brushing long enough. If you want to thoroughly clean your teeth, you should brush for almost 2 minutes. Experts suggest that most of the people with gum diseases did not brush their teeth for sufficient amount of time. Try using an electric toothbrush with a timer to ensure that you brush for 2 minutes.
2. You miss the important sites
Missing important areas of your mouth while brushing your teeth is also a common brushing mistake. Brushing should involve devoting an equal amount of time to all areas, targeting the inside, outside and chewing surfaces of your teeth, along with your gums, tongue and the roof of your mouth. Most people do not think consciously while brushing, making it easy to skip the vulnerable sites.
3. You use too much of paste
Using too much of toothpaste will not make your teeth cleaner. On the contrary, it might make you brush for a shorter span since too much of foam in your mouth can make you uncomfortable. For children, a small swipe on a toothbrush is enough and for adults, a pea-sized or marble-sized amount is more than sufficient.
4. You brush too hard
You may think that the more pressure you apply while brushing, the better it is. But that is not the case. Aggressive brushing can actually cause the gum tissue to come away from your teeth, leading to swollen gums and even bleeding. It can also result in tooth sensitivity or even loose teeth. Experts recommend that you should use a soft bristled toothbrush. Soft bristles tend to be gentle on your teeth and will flex more under the gum line, which leads to a more thorough cleaning.
5. Your technique is wrong
Brushing your teeth is not a race that you need to finish in time. By taking long, crude and haphazard sweeps back and forth, you are only going to harm your teeth. Concentrate instead on small areas at a time and brush gently in a circular motion. When you are at the gum line, remember to keep your bristles at an angle of 45 degrees and always brush away from the gums.
So, it is high time you change these brushing habits and adopt healthy dental practices for plaque free and healthy gums and teeth. Stay healthy, stay happy!
I have gap in my teeth. As I had rct in one teeth previously and have cap on it can I go for braces or not. Are dental crowns good option.
Hello doctor I am 36 year old man I have teeth cavity and blooding problem last five days what should I do please tell me doctor.
My brother used to consume oral steroids for some time to build body. Now though he has stopped taking it, he had lost lot of weight and suffering from dental problem again and again. Please suggest some remedy to over come this and reduce the effect of steroids (tablet).
Hello doctor my name is ajeet tiwari I am 30 year old man I have teeth cavity since last two year tell me what should I do.
Sir / madam I have a problem in my teeth that I have implant in my mouth but mouth did not work well. What I have to take in eating and drinking. pls help.
Everytime I wake up from sleep, my mouth becomes dry and feels very bad. I do not know why this happens? Please tell me the reason and solution for this? Also I get mouth ulcers frequently.
Hi, I am 38 yrs old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
Hello, I am 24 years old. Some bad smell from my mouth is coming even though after doing mouth wash with brush. So what should I do?
I am about 20 years old. Is it possible for me to remove the gap between the teeth by using dental braces.
Oral hygiene is a very critical issue which you should not neglect at any condition. Proper oral care helps your body in maintaining good overall health and also protects you from developing oral infections and diseases. For this purpose, regularly visiting your dentist is of paramount importance and additionally following his/her advice is also necessary. Dentists usually prescribe measures such as brushing your teeth twice daily, regular and frequent cleaning and dental flossing to ensure good oral health. Here are some benefits of dental cleaning which would surely motivate you to take good care of your teeth and gums.
1. Reduces risks of oral cancer - Oral cancer is a chronic condition of the teeth and the gums in general which can be fatal if left undiagnosed. To ensure proper screening of oral cancer, you should regularly visit your dentist for a dental cleaning.
2. Prevents gum diseases - Dentists are not only concerned about your teeth, in particular, they take care of your entire oral health. Thus, a dental cleaning minimizes your risk of suffering from any kind of gum related infections or diseases.
3. Brightens your smile - The dental cleaning procedure also ensures that you have a clean and a bright smile. It not only improves your external appearance but also gives you the necessary confidence to smile. It involves picking out of even the minutest particles of food that get stuck inside your teeth so that you can have a flawless smile to boast about.
4. Ensures easy diagnosis of oral problems - It also helps in the easy detection of any kind of mild infection or severe disease that is affecting your oral health. An early detection subsequently ensures timely treatment of your condition and hence a dental cleaning is required.
5. Prevent bad breath - Bad breath is also an oral condition and can be eliminated easily. Regular dental cleaning ensures that you have a pleasant breath by helping you maintain proper oral hygiene. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.