Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip WalkeYour feedback matters!
My wife is having multiple fibroids in uterus, in that three are big in size, gynaecologist suggested lap surgery to remove uterus, please suggest what to do?
I am age 44. I got married 10 years ago. I need one child more treatment taking but no result for me. I have diabetic patient.
Can home pregnancy test gives accurate result at 10 weeks? Negative result at 4,5,6,7,8 weeks. Last intercourse was on 14thjuly when was in pills. And withdrawal bleed from 1-6 aug. Normal bleed with cramps. Stopped taking the pill from aug. Period was due on sept 1.today is 7 abd it still did not occur. No symptoms except gas and bloating and from yesterday there was sore breast. Can I still be pregnant even if I did not have any intercourse after my last bleed. M acting like a paranoid coz it is said you may have some sort of bleeding and still be pregnant. Will I need to do serum beta hcg test? Or a home pregnancy test at this point will give accurate result?
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.
Hi, I am suffering from. Following ailments - Mucus all the time - Frequent indigestion - Joint pain - thumb, right knee, right elbow, lower back - 15 day menstruation cycle My current age is 31, ht 5'4, wt 49.
Many people suffer from a low libido problem. This can be a problem for their partners as well as for themselves. A low sex drive can also reduce one's self esteem and confidence. In severe cases it also leads to depression.
Factors which cause low sex drive:
- Sexual problems: Many sexual problems also lead to a low sex drive. An inability to experience orgasm even after a lot of attempts can make one indifferent to sex. Some people also experience pain because of a tight vagina. In such cases their desire to have sex reduces greatly.
- Medical diseases: Many medical conditions also affects your libido, such as cancer, arthritis, blood sugar (diabetes), artery diseases, high blood pressure and neurological diseases.
- Medications: Some people suffer from depression and anxiety disorders. To get over these disorders most doctors prescribe them antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills, these medications create a very low libido.
- Habits: Many lifestyle habits such as over-consumption of alcohol can make your sex drive reduce a lot. Smoking also decreases the blood flow in your body which may make your libido fall.
- Surgery: Reconstructive surgeries such as breast reconstruction surgery and genital tract surgery can also affect sexual desire and give your body signals to not engage in an intercourse.
- Fatigue: Tiredness because of physical activities or caring for your old parents or young children can also make you uninterested in sex. Your body and brain might not have the energy to engage in an intercourse due to fatigue.
- Menopause: The levels of estrogen reduce greatly during menopause. Low estrogen levels make your vagina dry hence sex can be uncomfortable and painful. Women also go through hormonal changes which make them suffer from a low libido.
- Pregnancy: After pregnancy, breastfeeding your baby becomes an everyday activity. This can reduce sexual desire because of the pressure of caring for a new born baby.
Regular exercising complemented with enough sleep is known to reduce stress thus giving you a high sex drive. Avoid consuming alcohol. Testosterone replacement therapy (a therapy used for treating erectile dysfunction) also treats low desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
When my boyfriend was masturbating his cum was on me and slightly near my vagina. We did not have sex. So are there any chances that I could be pregnant?
I had a miscarriage of 3 months of pregnancy for which I was hospitalized for the treatment and underwent dnc. During the treatment I was given some antibiotic through saline after which I developed some chemical allergies over some places of my body which itches and pains. May I know what kind of medication I am suppose to undergo? I have drug allergy problems and this is the third time I am having this allergy.
Hi docter, I am 2: 30 month pregnant. But doctor ka khena he bacche ki dhadkan ake chli gyi. So please kya karna chahiye.
Hi, I am 34 years old lady. I got married 2 years back. My periods are not regular since it started. I was suffering from PCOD as doctor said. I took treatment from various gynaecologist but its not regular till now. Now I am not able to conceive cause I am not aware of unsafe days because of irregularities in my periods. Please suggest.
Hi doctors. I met with my girlfriend. We did not have proper sex. Just rubbing outside of the vagina with my penis. No penetration of penis into vagina. And I ejaculated fully onto her breasts no where near her vagina. I know about pre cum but I peed about 4-5 times before this. Can pre cum travel on its own to the vaginal canal. Shes meant to be ovulating between 22nd October and 27th. Any chance of pregnancy in this situation?
Infertility is known to usher a lot of emotional stress in the lives of those who go through it. Often, an overwhelming sense of grief descends upon the couple who try to grapple with the sense of loss. The social and psychological ambience plays a very important role in reconciling one with the harsh reality and prepping one up for a fresh start.
While IVF has proven to be a boon in the lives of many couples, many still take to IVF as the last resort. Another factor that makes the responses about IVF rather ambiguous is the uncertainty of the results. There are numerous factors like failure in embryo attachment or uterine incompatibility that often results in a failed IVF. Therefore, before opting for this surgery, one must be mindful of the consequences.
Some of the ways, one can prepare for IVF have been enlisted below:
- Informed choice: Considering IVF is a rather stressful surgery, one needs to be well aware of the stakes. Reading up about the potential risks and the details about the process, helps one to be prepared for the consequences and deal better with the trauma.
- Take good care of your intimate relationships: Since IVF tends to take a toll on not just the mother, but also the close family, it is important to maintain a strong bond of trust and compassion in the course of the surgery. Hostility and discordance adds on the stress and sometimes inflict grave health implications upon the mother. It is important to support your partner through the entire journey. You may consider professional counselling too.
- Prepare yourself for all possible situations: While the advanced technology aims to minimize any hazard, the results can often be unpredictable. You might want to adequately monitor your cycle in order to anticipate the potential problem areas and the results thereof. You should discuss these with your loved ones to avert excessive stress. It is a good idea to keep oneself productively busy in the due course to avoid anxiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I used Trito medication for 5 days doctor told that in next 5 days period will come. But it was 14 days completed but the period still did not come. Can you please suggest what may be the problem, and suggest any other options & home remedy.
I am having irregular periods undergone sonography report is normal, my doctor prescribed oosure for conceiving but I don't have pcos is it safe to take this tablet because I don't have pcos.
Adding naturally sweetened foods like sweet onion, sweet corn and sweet potato to your meals instead of the regular processed sugar to sweeten food is a brilliant idea. Not sure how? Read on…
1. Sweet Potato
It is loaded with the benefits of Vitamin D that enhances energy levels, moods and helps your heart, nerves, teeth and immune system build healthy bones. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin C and produces collagen which maintains your skin’s youthful elasticity. They also contain magnesium which is an anti-stress and relaxation mineral.
This rich vegetable is so versatile you can use it roasted, pureed, steamed or grilled for different purposes. Sweet potatoes make a great salad when you add it atop a plateful of leafy greens, carrots, bell peppers and onions. It acts as an ideal alternative to burgers, when you add it as filling to whole wheat sandwiches, bagels or tortilla wraps.
2. Sweet Onion
Sweet onion contains flavonoids, which reduce the risk of heart diseases, help in proper digestive function, and keep your bones healthy when consumed on a regular basis. The sweet vegetable also comprises of anti-inflammatory agents. Fresher and milder than regular onions, sweet onions have a higher water content and lesser levels of sulphur compounds.
You can caramelise or sauté it for toppings, use it raw in salads as well as add like an alternative of onions in Indian as well as continental dishes.
3. Sweet Corn
Sweet corn comprises high levels of thiamine, or vitamin B1 a nutrient vital for brain cells and cognitive function. It is also an excellent source of folate or vitamin B9 which lowers the risk of heart attacks, strokes and peripheral cardiovascular diseases. Hundred per cent consumption of the daily requirement of folate can reduce the risk of heart attack by 10 per cent.
Sweet corn adds as a great ingredient in any dish be it raw salads, gravies, sandwiches, pasta or rice recipes. You can even add melted butter, salt and pepper to a bowl of warm sweet corn for a healthy evening snack.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.