Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Devyani LondheYour feedback matters!
Operation of umbilical hernia can be painful after some time or not? I am feeling pain there where I operated please answer.
E. Coli reported in urine. Hb 9.2. Bp 140/80. Wt 76 ht5" Is morning sickness or acute constipation due to this bacillus. I can't figure out what is causing constipation.
I am suffering from sty problem. Some etching is there, after lumps on my eyelids. This problem frequently coming and last 3 month I was facing issues. Kindly suggest me and who will I contact? Skin doctor or eye specialist or general medicine.
Recently my blood report shows signs of diabetes. Report read, fasting 139, post prandial 270. I am 59 years old and good physical shape. 6 Ft height weight 87 Kg.
I m Reena I m 21 years old female sometimes I had side pain in stomach please tell me what is the Solution of this.
Dear sir, some times while sleeping I have some breathing problem and I suddenly wakeup to take breath. I have cholesterol since 2008 and no medicine is using. Lab Results: CHO-226, TRGLR-214, HDLCHO-36, LDLCHO-147, VLDLCHO-43, TCHDCHO-6.3, LDHDR-4.1 Please advise
STDs can be said to be the main down side to what is globally known as the most widely appreciated pastime. Yes, your read that right, as they can also be quite rampant. For example, by the age of twenty five, about half of all sexually active adults would have been the victim of at least one STD. Therefore, one should be aware of the risks and take precautions while indulging in sexual activities.
A lot of people are of the opinion that only an actual act of sex can lead to an infection by an STD. However, this is really not true as any sexual activity which features any or all of the mouth, penis, vagina and the anus has the potential to lead to an infection by an STD.
What doesn’t feel right?
- STDs come in all sorts of ways. Some of them are curable and can be successfully treated while others just have to be managed. One of the symptoms to keep an eye out for includes a swelling or redness in the region around the penis or the vagina. Also, if a person experiences a lot of pain during urination, it is a very good idea to get checked for an STD.
- The symptoms of an STD are basically that not everything feels okay. Apart from the symptoms which have been mentioned, others which also exist and serve as a warning sign are a severe itching, which is experienced in the genital region and a discharge from the penis or vagina. In addition to this, unexplained weight loss along with skin rashes and bumps, sores or warts around the mouth, or the genital regions are also fairly good signs that an STD has been contracted.
Road to recovery
- If a person suspects that he or she may have an STD, it is very important to consult a doctor as delaying in doing so can harm other parts of one’s body, and at times permanently.
- When it comes to the treatment of an STD, an antibiotic course of treatment is usually the way to go. It is important that the course of medication which is followed is specifically for that person as using another person’s medicine course can backfire.
- The best way to practically avoid contracting an STD is to practice safe sex. Sex is something which is supposed to be fun and satisfying. Keeping a few things in mind, the fun can be almost unbridled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 21 male my penis skin is too tight. Once the skin goes back. Its becoming too difficult to come back to its original state. Im experiencing severe rashes and bumps on penis. Rashes on testicles too. Plss help me.
Dear Doctor I am 13 years old. From past 4 months I am getting irritation in my shoulders. So,I am Pushing it up after every 10-20 seconds. Pls can you tell me what is the problem. Thanks.
I am 44 years my DOB-07/01/1971 MY SEXUAL problem 25 years old l want you lifetime treatment. Tell me medicine doctor. Thank you. Mr. Chunni lal.
I am not able to completely evacuate my bowels. I always feel to go again to the toilet. I have fissures. I pass lot of gas from the anus. Is it IBS. I need a homeopathy suggestion.
I 24 married girl my husband is not complete sex wish one doctor told tab tentex forte used for my husband this tab better for my husband their is no side effect for this tablet please tell me.
I masturbating too much. Now I suffer semen leakage in urine i.e spermatorrhoea, nightfall, premature ejaculation. Also suggest how to increase penis size Please help me.
I have a problem of small penis and early ejaculation which makes me feel insecured and unsatisfied i want to increase my penis size and also enjoy long duration sex to satisfy my partner and myself pls suggest safest medicine in alopathy,aurvedic or homeopathy as i am just 34 and fit cant afford any side or long term adverse effects on my body by using wrong medicines and sex boosters ?
Is it good drinking coffee at night and during the exam time I need to awake at night what ways I can do is there any medicine.
I am suffering a problem of mouth chale regularly. I drink lot of water but this problem is same. Please suggest.
I am 28 years old. I am using suhagra tablets since 3 years. But now I am not able to stay on for long time and also not able to satisfy my wife. Please suggest.
Hives or urticaria is an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps around the skin surface, formed mainly due to the body’s response to particular allergens. Generally, the infectious bumps are of varied shapes and sizes and last for about 5-6 weeks. Although not a serious medical condition, hives can cause tremendous discomfort to the concerned person and affect his/her daily activities. Hives can be cured with a prescribed dosage of antihistamines or oral corticosteroids.
Causes of hives
Although the exact reason behind their formation is still unknown, researchers suggest that this disorder occurs as a response to involuntary histamine release by the skin blood vessels (that in turn, causes a leakage of blood plasma). Some other factors that can be responsible are:
- Hives can occur due to insect or parasite bites.
- Hives can also result as a side effect of painkillers such as codeine and other anti- inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or ACE inhibitors.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight or high levels of stress (leading to high cortisol levels in the body) can also result in hives.
- Intense scratching around the same spot can also result to hive formation.
- Excessive alcohol intake can render you even more vulnerable to this disease.
- Excessive intake of foods such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate and berries might also cause hives. Additionally, excessive consumption of certain food preservatives can also trigger the release of histamine.
- Suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders can make you prone to chronic cases of hives (which might last for more than 6 weeks).
Symptoms of hives
The symptoms of hives include, but are not limited to:
- Appearances of several reddish welts around the face or arms which might cause a severe itchy sensation.
- Painful and abnormal swelling around the mouth
- You might also feel tightness in your chest along with recurring bouts of dizziness.
If not treated promptly after diagnosis, hives might result in life-threatening allergic reactions, such as Anaphylaxis (narrowing down of the bronchial tubes, thus causing significant breathing trouble) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.