Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Devendra A EkhandeYour feedback matters!
Hair fall is a common problem that is characterized by loss of hair from the scalp. It is a fairly common problem that occurs due to various factors such as pollution, stress and an unhealthy lifestyle. It may also be caused due to hormonal problems and hormonal imbalances within the body.
The various causes of hair fall are:
- Alopecia areata: Alopecia areata is a disorder that is characterized by irregular and scattered bald round patches on the scalp. It either causes hair loss in patches or might result in complete hair loss.
- PCOS: Polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder (diseases related to the endocrine system) which leads to hormonal imbalance, resulting in hair fall.
- Thyroid problems: The thyroid glands produce hormones in order to regulate metabolism in the body. The thyroid gland producing excess or less than the usual secretion leads to thinning of hair and hair loss.
- Infections of the scalp: Various infections of the scalp such as infestation by ringworm can cause loss of hair. Ringworm is a type of fungal infection that leads to bald spots and thinning of hair.
- Diet: If your diet lacks in important vitamins and minerals such as ‘biotin’ (Vitamin B present inside an egg yolk) which are required for healthy hair, then you may run the risks of hair loss.
In recent times, Hair Transplant surgery has championed the ways in which you can cure hair fall and hair thinning. Let’s focus on the procedure.
The procedure involves a tool that looks like a transparent rod consisting of multiple knobs. In most cases, a wide comb is attached to the knob. In the initial stages, the hair is separated into partitions and the knots in hair are gotten rid of. An infrared comb is used on various portions of the scalp which is followed by an oil massage for 15 minutes. A moisturizing hair mask is then applied on the hair, after which, it is treated with steam.
The hair is then exposed to ultra rays from a bulb for a few minutes. The entire process takes around 45-50 minutes and you need to wash your hair the following morning. This process improves blood circulation in the scalp, thus reducing hair fall. It also happens to be an effective treatment for dandruff. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.
I am a cigarette smoker. How to avoid cigarette. And how to clean throat kafa (dust) by a cigarette.
Hi I am very thin. I want to healthy man because healthy is wealthy. So any proposal to pls inform me.
I am 19 year boy and I want very fairer looking skin. I am very dark please suggest me some capsules or tablets to become fairer.
I have desk job from last 2 years. My wait is going out of control. I have acid problem also. How can I reduce the wait, 2 years back my wait was 82 kg. Please advice me to make my self fit again.
I have constipation problem from childhood. I tried several ayurvedic and allopathic medicines, I even visited two doctors but nothing helped. What to do?
Actually my height is 5 feet and 7 inch. Hve weight 66 kg. Then I want to ask you this weight is proper for body. And if not then what weight is correct for my body. And if my weight is more then what I should be do to reduce weight.
Hi I'm 26 year old girl and I am over wait my wait is 95 how to reduce my wait without dating and without exercise please help me.
I am under weight and want to increase my weight for personality enhancement. What should I do for increase my weight? should I join gym?
I am 43 years man, feeling too much tired. Urin comes with bad smell with light yellow/red colour. Always pain in feet. Not any examine done.
I have severe dust allergy, a little bit of dust creates problems like sore throat, blocked nose and difficulty in breathing. Please advice how to cure it.
All of us love to flash a set of pearly whites with each smile. However, due to various reasons, we have teeth that are not-so-white. The bleaching agents come to the rescue as they can help whiten the teeth. In an overzealous manner, some people however, go overboard and over bleach their teeth. Bleaching agents should be used only with approval by a dentist and in a recommended manner, the frequency and the duration of application. Like anything else, they can also have harmful effects, which again can hurt the teeth, and if the whitening effect is lost, the person could be worse off than what they started with.
The following are common side effects seen with overuse of bleaching agents. Note that in most people, when used according to medical advice, these effects are very minimal.
- Tooth sensitivity: One of the most common side effects with teeth bleaching is the tingling feeling in the teeth. When done in office, it happens as the bleaching agent is reaching the tubules in the teeth. It could range from a one-off feeling to something that is constant and nagging. If being done in the office, you could indicate to the dentist so that subsequent sittings can be planned after the sensitivity settles down. The duration of each session may also have to be reduced.
- Gum irritation: The active bleaching agent is hydrogen peroxide which is caustic and can irritate the soft tissues. When done in office, the teeth are usually isolated using a rubber dam and so this problem is minimized. However, when trays are used at home, the gums do get exposed to the bleaching agent and so gum irritation is highly likely.
- Tooth pain and discomfort: This tooth pain usually sets in after a couple of hours after the bleaching is done. This happens again due to hydrogen peroxide penetrating the tooth, dehydration of the tooth, and using laser light for prolonged periods during the bleaching process. This usually subsides in a couple of days’ time and so need not be a cause for worry.
- Thermal sensitivity: A couple of days after the bleaching, the teeth may experience sensitivity to hot and cold foods, especially with beverages. This again is usually self-limiting and will disappear in a couple of days. Desensitizing toothpaste may be prescribed by the dentist in severe cases.
In all these cases, though bleaching is usually harmless, there are rare cases where side effects have been severe. Overenthusiasm to increase the whiteness is often the reason for these side effects. These can be avoided by opting for bleaching under strict supervision and following the dentist’s advise when being done at home.