Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Naik
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak NaikYour feedback matters!
Monsoon comes with a relief after those scorching hot summer days. You feel relieved and in this enjoyment, forget about your skin. Yes, this damp weather may let you feel easy but does your skin feel the same? The answer is perfect NO! There are a lot of problems that arise along with the monsoon.
The good news is that if you take some care, you will be able to enjoy the season along with keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
Here are certain tips for your skin care during monsoon:
Tips for skin care:
There are mainly three types of skin which are oily skin, dry skin and combination skin. Depending upon your skin you should follow a different regime, but discussed here are certain tips that will be useful for all skin types during monsoon.
- Wash your face at least 3 to 4 times a day. If you have dry skin, then do not overdo it as it may dry it up more. Use soap-free cleansers to keep your face clean and moist all the time.
- Use scrubbers at regular intervals as it helps in exfoliating your skin and unclogging the pores. Even one's with oily skin will also find it useful.
- After cleansing and scrubbing use alcohol free toner so that the open poresthat are caused by high humidity are closed. Too many open pores are not good for oily or combination skin.
- It's a habit of most individuals to stop the use of a sunscreen as it starts showering. Do not do that, keep using it even when the climate cools down and the sun is behind the clouds.
- Avoid using heavy makeup during the monsoon. Even if you have to apply some, go for waterproof makeup.
- For keeping your skin hydrated and brightening it, you can use lotion based serum that will help to keep your face moist.
- Avoid bleaching in monsoon as it is more harmful to your skin during this season.
- Take care of your lips by applying some milk cream on it. If you find them slightly cracked you can apply coconut oil. Try to avoid deep colored lipsticks. Go for natural shades during monsoons.
- Keep your skin clean and for that do pedicure and manicure regularly. It is always recommended more during the monsoons.
- After reaching home wash your feet, hands and face properly. During the monsoon, there are more germs everywhere so it is necessary that keep them clean.
- Drink as much water as you can to be hydrated.
Follow these tips as these will keep your skin glowing even during this dull season. However, if you still feel odd, it's better to get expert advice on skin care during the monsoon. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello. Mere chehre per muhase has the hai To unka mene bahut tarike use kar liye but vo thik nahi ho rhe . To mujhe kya karna chahiye.
Doctor I am having skin issue. My face is no more glowing and clear as it was 3 years back. please suggest me what to do.
Due to smoking my lips are getting black so what should I do for this problem. I want my lips to be good.
Oily skinned people's sweats more than dry skinners and also sweat will be less when we workout I'm cold climate other than hot climate. So is sweating a progress of our workout. Thus oily skinned gets muscles faster?
I am 21 year old. I have a problem in my face. I have too much oily skin, and I got acne. How it is remove.
In sun I'm getting darker day by day I have oily skin. And pimple on my face but can I get rid of these problems ?
I am 24 years old male. I am getting my skin darker day by day since I have changed the locality. Even my hair have become rough and dry. What should I do?
People who suffer from oily skin tend to have multiple advantages, such as a younger looking skin over a longer period of time as wrinkles, spots and fine lines tend to creep in much later. However, there are many inherent disadvantages of having oily skin, such as a shiny face and frequent occurrences of pimples and acne. Some of the tips to take care of your greasy or oily skin are mentioned below:
1. Use face cleansers, which are gentle on your skin: It is very important that you choose a cleanser, which has the best ingredients in them as harder elements can damage your skin and accelerate oil production. Products which are specifically marketed for oily skin or acne and best suited for these purposes usually contain the following ingredients:
2. Use medicated pads or blotting paper to remove excess oil: For greasy or oily skin, one of the best solutions is to use specially medicated pads or blotting paper, which can easily remove the grime from your face. There are many over the counter products available which are specially made for this purpose. You can use these in between daily facial washes.
3. Don't wash you face more than twice daily: It is recommended you wash your face twice a day with a gentle face cleanser, but not more than that. Washing your face more than twice daily could actually strip your skin of all moisture and encourage the production of more oil.
4. Use natural face masks and clays to soothe your skin once a week: Natural clays and face masks made of ingredients like fullers earth, commonly known as multani mitti and sandalwood will soothe and cool your skin. It also removes excess oil and harmful bacteria from the skin.
5. Control what you eat: Diet plays a big part on how skin is affected as well. Consuming foods, which are high in sugar and oil such as fried foods and fizzy drinks will definitely contribute to more oil on your skin. Replacing them with fruits and vegetables like apricots, mangoes, lettuce, kale, carrots and sweet potatoes will reduce the oiliness of your skin.
6. Makeup also plays a major role: The type of foundation or makeup you use can also contribute to how much oil you have on your skin. While choosing make up try and avoid heavy foundation and choose water based liquid make up instead of oil based ones.
Related Tip: "7 Tips for Healthy & Glowing Skin in Monsoon!"