Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Darshana Girish Tathed
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Darshana Girish TathedYour feedback matters!
Hi! I want to reduce my weight within 4 months by 20 kg. I walk longer distances but my weight remains same. What shall I do?
I am 30 years male, I am having a problem of cough (belgum) from past 3 months continuously. When I wake up in the morning I get cough out. Throughout the day I keep getting cough out of my throat. Please advise.
ED&PE, age 57, health fine, constipation, takes ayurvedic churna to clean bowls, overall health is good, please help me for permanent cure.
Hello sir/madam I have a bad habit of daily masturbating .i want to finish this habit ,tell me any solution ,and also tell me is it will affect my sexual life.
She is 48 years old and now is almost bald. Unko head me khujli hoti hai to wo apna hath sir pe leti hai to baal bht ajate he haath mein lekin comb karti hai to jada baal ni aati hai ye pichle 10-12 saal se ho rha hai lekin achanak ganji ho rahi he abhi 2 months se. Please tell me doctor what is the reason and isko theek karne ka tarika.
Mere lips pr dad skin jma ho jati hai two days me iska Kya reason hai or is problem ko m Kase reduce karo. Ye problem mujhe three years se hai. Mane doctor ko check ker Diya bt usse koi good result nahi aaya. please tell me.
I'm getting throat infection from yesterday night. I have tonsils so I have took one erythromycin tablet of althrocin 500 mg today morning. But the pain remains same so which medicine I have to take further?
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion.