Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D G GhaisasYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 13 days of her last period. After intercourse she took unwanted 72 pill within 24 hours. 7 days later of the pill she go a normal bleeding along with clots for 3 days (18 june-20 june) her last period date was on 29 may. So the actual period date is 29 june. Is there any chance of pregnancy and when she will get her period again? please help.
Me and my gf having physical relationship without any using prevention. She will get pregnant or not?
Yesterday was my wife's period's 4th and last day. We had sex last night without protection. Should she use pill? If there is any chance to be pregnant?
Hello doctor I am 8th months pregnant and from past few days I am suffering from negative thinking its related dat something is cuming on me and falling which is so weired and I am unable to breath if I think positive negative comes and overcome positive then again I feel stress I am very much trying to be positive because I am carrying a baby and I should not stressed out but still I am unable to do so I am not getting sleep in the night times I am feeling restless I feel something is happening in my mind and destroying everything never ever I get these thoughts in my life I am a very healthy person I have a very healthy pregnancy but because of these nasty thinking I am worrying were my baby should not be in danger please doctor give me some counselling and help me to overcome these thoughts from my brain. please give some medication for sleep in low dose which is safe in pregnancy.
I am 35 years married woman. Since last 3 months I am having a problem of viginal itching and it is also giving bad smell. Please help me out what I should do ?
In oestruse cycle of 28 days of women which day is safe for sex without precaution? Kindly please elaborate that in detail.
Hello I am 31 years old I delivered a baby 2 years ago n was having gestational diabetes during pregnancy. After delivery it was gone but wht precautions should b taken not to get the diabetes in future.
Green tea is believed to be one of the healthiest beverages. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which have a positive effect on the body. Some of the benefits, which it provides are lesser risk of cancer, fat loss, and an improved function of the brain. The latest study about green tea reveal that it boosts memory and can make you smart!
Listed here are some of the most amazing health benefits of having green tea which have been backed by research:
- The presence of bioactive compounds in green tea helps to improve the health. It is enriched with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which are considered to be powerful antioxidants. These reduce the free radical formation in the body thereby, protecting the cells from damage.
- The compounds found in green tea helps to improve the brain function, thus making you smarter. The main ingredient is caffeine. Though not as much as in coffee, it is enough to create a response. Caffeine blocks Adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increases the neurons and thus the concentration of the neurotransmitters like the norepinephrine and dopamine. It also has an amino acid L-theanine which increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. Caffeine and L-theanine work together to improve the brain function.
- The antioxidants found in green tea can actually lower the risk of cancer. The oxidative damages lead to cancer and antioxidants have a protective effect against cancer. As green tea is enriched with antioxidants it reduces the cancer risk. Milk should not be added in this tea as it reduces the value of the antioxidants.
- Green tea lowers the risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Thereby, protecting the brain in old age. Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative disease, which causes dementia. Parkinson's being the second common neurodegenerative disease also involves death of dopamine, produced by the neurons of the brain. The bioactive compounds of the green tea have multiple protective effects and reduce the risk of these disorders.
- The dental health can be given a boost by drinking green tea. The catechins found in green tea stop the growth of certain virus and bacteria. This helps to lower the risk of infections and in turn improves the dental health, halitosis and caries.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes, which is considered to be an epidemic disease can be lowered by having green tea. In diabetes there is an increased blood sugar level and green tea improves this insulin sensitivity.
- Green tea lowers the LDL and total cholesterol. It also protects against the LDL particles from oxidation. This is turn is believed to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The most devastating period for any pregnant women is a miscarriage. This normally happens because of genetic abnormality noticed in the fetus caused due to tripling of a chromosome. This is also called ‘spontaneous abortion’ because the body rejects the random genetic abnormality. Apart from this, there are many other reasons for miscarriage namely blood clotting, deshaped uterus, uterine fibroids, unhealthy cervix and so on. Now, this could lead you to the next question - What can we do to prevent miscarriage?
Time to meet the gynaecologist:
When there is tripling of chromosomes or genetic mismatch, the body actually rejects the fetus, thereby preventing birth of an unhealthy baby. But, if the miscarriage repeats several times, then you have to meet your gynaecologist for further tests and appropriate medical intervention.
Symptoms of miscarriage:
In the normal course, when miscarriage occurs, the women would experience back pain or vaginal bleeding or blood in the vaginal mucus or cramping or abdominal pain. Ironically, sometimes the miscarriage may happen without any of these symptoms. It would get noticed only during routine scanning. However, in the normal course, the chance of a miscarriage is highest before the 12th week. But if miscarriage happens after the 12th week and before the 24th week, then it is called spontaneous abortion. Thereafter, it is known as a ‘still born’ baby.
However, there are some steps that can help women prevent a miscarriage. These steps are briefly explained here.
- Nicotine retards growth of fetus and it is for this reason the couple should shun smoking, months before they plan pregnancy. This change in lifestyle has remarkable effects in preventing miscarriage. Similarly, caffeine can also be the cause of miscarriage. Therefore, women should regulate their intake of coffee as per the advice given by the gynaecologist.
- Women suffering from chronic ailments like lupus, problems with thyroid, epilepsy and such other ailments are prone to a miscarriage. Similarly, it is also advisable that women should get tested for STD/HIV because these ailments can cause a miscarriage. Women suffering from such ailments should be under constant medical care.
- In addition to these, the women should take food rich in vitamins, proteins, Omega-3 and fibres. Further, they should also do physical exercises as per the instructions given by the gynaecologist. One should drink enough water so as to keep oneself sufficiently hydrated. Women must practice meditation, which helps in reducing stress.
The causes of a miscarriage are many; women should discuss about the issues relating to a miscarriage with a gynecologist. This helps them take appropriate preventive steps against this unwanted situation.