Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. D B KadamYour feedback matters!
Iam 17 year old and I have problem respect with eye. Continuously water coming from my eyes. So give me suggestion.
I have some problem of eye. When I reading a book den the tears are automatic fallen and some time can't see anything.
I have watery discharge from my left eye for last six months. I am using Android LP eye drops and Refresh eye drops for last 1.5 months without much improvement. I have got my fundus examined: it is safe. I am diabetic with Hb1Ac 6.5.Kindly advise.
I Have Red Eyes for last two days and what can I do now. My age is 22. Give me a reason and why my eys becoming red while travelling.
When the Rp Retinitis Pigmentosa complete treatment will come to india? Some doctors are saying they can improve vision of patient . Some doctors are saying he will bring 50% vision back by his medicine called isotane . HOW MUCH ITS TRUE ? Is any researches going on this incurable disease. And when will treatment come ?
I have been having dry eyes for last 15 years. I put optive eye drops 2-3 times a day and genteel eye gel at night. Is there a better solution. Can this be cured?
There is a stye on my right eye i've done the treatment earlier it was quiet big now size of that stye has been decreased but then still it's a painless stubborn stye what to do to remove it completely.
I suffering from insomnia. Since 2 day. I get tired after every 2 hour. I didn't feel fresh on whole day. There is irritation in my eyes. I am loosing my body energy. S.
I am 65 years old working as a Manager in bank. 1.eye sight faint looking started. Spect No. 2.75 for both eyes for last 2 yrs. 2.Back lumbar and knee pains for last 2 yrs. All types of medical treatments done, exercise continued but not completely recovered.
My eye prescription in 2016 Right eye- SPH: -5.00, CYL: -0.25, AXIS: 170, V/A 6/6 Left eye- SPH -4.50, CYL: -0.25, AXIS: 20, V/A 6/6 So, can I apply for NDA Exam.
I'm taking an eye drop contains 1teaspoon of onion juice, 1teaspoon of ginger juice, 1teaspoon of lime juice and 3 teaspoon of honey. Will it improve my eyesight or not? Is it good for eyesight or not? Please reply Thank you.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.