Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Charulatha BapayeYour feedback matters!
My mother is 53 years old women. And still not attained menopause. Also suffers from migraine. Is it normal? as it pains a lot. To do any sort of tests we neither have time nor money. Please help.
I have irregular periods and came to know that I have PCOD problem and im using krimson 35 tablet from 3 months. I am not getting proper discharge after using that medicine. And I am gaining weight too. How can I get rid of this?
I am female 25 years I have smelly vagina a lot of itching in that area and today I am feeling restless also due to it please suggest some medicine.
My friend and her boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 24th and 25th day of her cycle, where usual cycle are in a range of 25-29. She hasn't got her periods till date and also afraid that is there any chance of being pregnant.
My friends suffer from real pain while she is during period she has this from always every month her stomach pains during period cycle what is the home therapy I can suggest her when she's alone in home.
My periods date Is 17 and 18 regular month and when was egg was released tell please I want to pregnant.
Is there any police case if we r seeing doctor for early abortion like 3 weeks .and patient is unmarried. Will doctor treat such type of patient without any police enquiry?
ज्वार के फ़ायदे और औषधीय गुण
ज्वार एक मोटा अनाज है। ज्वार का रंग पीला, भूरा लाल व सफेद होता है। ज्वार कई सारे पोषक तत्व और फ़ाइबर से भरपूर होता है। इसीलिए इसके सेवन से वज़न घटाने में बहुत मदद मिलती है। अधिकतर लोग ज्वार को पीसकर उसका आटा बनवाते हैं। ज्वार का आटा प्रोटीन का एक अच्छा स्रोत है। जो हृदय और मधुमेह रोगियों के लिए फ़ायदेमंद है। ज्वार के फ़ायदे बवासीर और घावों को भरने में भी कारगर हैं। गर्मियों में इसका सेवन शीतलता प्रदान करता है। तो ज्वार और ज्वार की रोटी को अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें।
ज्वार के फ़ायदे
1. पोषक तत्व
ज्वार में मिनरल, प्रोटीन, फ़ाइबर, पोटैशियम, फास्फोरस, कैल्शियम, आयरन और विटमिन बी कॉम्प्लेक्स जैसे कई पोषक तत्व पाए जाते हैं।
2. दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए
दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए ज्वार के दानों का राख बनाकर मंजन करें। इस मंजन को करने से दांत का दर्द बंद हो जाता है तथा मसूढ़ों की सूजन भी समाप्त हो जाती है।
3. वज़न घटाने में मदद करें
ज्वार में बहुत सारा फ़ाइबर पाया जाता है। इसलिए इसे अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपका वज़न नही बढ़ता है और आप मोटापे से भी बचे रहते हैं।
4. कब्ज़ को दूर करें
अगर आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या है तो आज से ही आप अपने खाने में ज्वार की रोटी को शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या से निजात मिलता है।
5. शरीर की जलन को दूर करें
अगर शरीर में जलन हो रही हो तो ज्वार का आटा पानी में घोल लें और फिर इस घोल का लेप शरीर पर लगा लें। इससे जलन धीरे धीरे कम हो जाती है।
6. कील व मुहांसों को दूर करें
अक्सर लोग कील मुहांसों को लेकर बहुत परेशान हो जाते हैं। क्योंकि कील मुहांसों के कारण ख़ूबसूरती भी कुछ फ़ीकी पड़ जाती है। तो कील मुहांसों को दूर करने के लिए इस घरेलू उपाय को ज़रूर करें।
घरेलू उपाय – ज्वार के कच्चे दाने पीसकर उसमें थोड़ा कत्था व चूना मिलाकर कील व मुहांसों पर लगाए, इससे कील मुहांसे गायब हो जाएंगे।
7. पेट की जलन शांत करें
भुनी ज्वार बताशे के साथ खाने से पेट की जलन शांत हो जाती है।
8. मासिक धर्म के विकार को दूर करें
मासिक धर्म के दर्द या कोई अन्य समस्याओं में ज्वार के फ़ायदे होते हैं। ज्वार के भुट्टे को जलाकर छान लें। इस राख को 3 ग्राम मात्रा में लेकर पानी के साथ सुबह के समय खाली पेट सेवन करें। इस उपाय को मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग एक सप्ताह पहले करें और जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बन्द कर दें। इससे मासिक धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
9. प्यास अधिक लगने पर
अगर प्यास अधिक सताए तो गरमागरम ज्वार की रोटी बनाएं और इस रोटी को छाछ में भिगोकर खाने से प्यास कम लगती है।
ज्वार की रोटी कमज़ोर और वात पित्त के रोगी को न दें और अगर ज्वार की रोटी थोड़ी खाने को दे तो ज्वार के संग गुलकन्द मिलाकर दें। गुलकंद मिलाकर ज्वार की रोटी का सेवन करने से ज्वार के दोष दूर हो जाते हैं।
Last my period was on19th june and I have a sex with my husband after 4th and I fever and tonsil in between and had taken medicine to that ,now my period has not come ,what will be the reason and what to do to get my periods please help me I do not want to get pregnant.
I am 22 years old. Experiencing a lot of hair fall since a year and it has worsened in last three months. I was having irregular menstruation and doctor recommended some medications and the hair fall started then. What should I take for hair regrowth. Food, supplement, medications etc?
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.
I'm 20 years old. Is it safe to use spermicides while having sex to prevent pregnancy? Which spermicide is good please suggest me.
I had unprotected sex with my gf yesterday morning and today she is having her periods so does she need to take a contraceptive pill? Is there any chance of getting pregnancy?
Hi I am I have a swelling in my minor Labra and I think it's very big problem maybe it can be due to infection also because I am not to change in my life style so please somebody give me free consultation and please help me and I'm really afraid I have excessive white discharge please help me I already have too much delay my periods because a woman balance or maybe I can also be always so that can be the reason for delay my periods please help me with this swelling in the lobby up please help me please give me free consultation already mentioned before please help me I am really scared it can also due to infection or Bartholin Cyst Please help me please I have not been in a relationship before with anyone so it cannot be caused by any sexual transmission so please help me I'm only 15 years old. I cannot get it examined if any doctors have any idea what it is and home medicine please help me out form that
I am 23 years old. doctor on 1 sep me and my girlfriend did unprotected sex .but after some days I got very nervous to know that I am at big risk of hiv! My girlfriend had her first sex did 11 months before with her ex boyfriend! She is healthy and hv no any type of symptoms till now! On 5th October she tested cmia 4th generation. It was negative. On 13th I took cmia test .it was negative. But I very depressed with this fear! Doctor.results negative at six weeks could do consider conclusive? Seeking your response soon!
Is it possible for a lady of 37 year to get pregnant if eggs formation stop in his body without egg receiving.
Gardening as a hobby has been a great way to grow plants for many households. In many cases people have confirmed that watching these plants sprout and grow can be a therapeutic experience altogether and provides them with positive energy and vibrancy. However, in the fast diminishing land space, growing a plant may not be the option anymore. “Not necessarily”- state some homemakers. It is very much possible to have some plants grown indoors and the positivity of growing them can be channeled across to your homes. These can benefit both the body and mind respectively.
Here are 5 plants you can grow indoors. You do not need a huge terrace or balcony,all you need is a little space right inside your home and a little care for these beautiful and useful plants.
- Areca Palm: This leafy plant can be grown anywhere in the house and it doesn’t require direct sunlight. These plants can grow as high as 25 feet outdoors but you can restrict them to about seven feet at indoor locations. Put them in a small container and once the roots get crowded the plant cannot grow in size and they work best as an effective natural humidifier. They also cleanse the air from impurities and can keep the air fresh.
- English Ivy: This green plant is a household name and helps in reducing airborne fecal matter particles. The plant needs sun light, hence it is best to keep it near the windows or stilts where you have adequate sunlight. Take care while watering and make sure that the soil is completely dry before watering it again.
- Aloe Vera: One of the most used plants in beauty products can be grown in-house. Aloe plants like to be dry and warm, and you can keep them in small pots and they do require sunlight. Do not keep these plants in a place where there is moisture as it may harm the leaves of the plant.
- Indian Basil: Commonly known as Tulsi, growing this plant is common across Asian regions, especially India. It requires no maintenance and you can plant the seeds easily. It requires normal sunlight and be even kept near the window slits. Basil leaves are one of the most enriching super foods that can keep many ailments at bay. Simply water them and watch it thrive.
- Spider Plant: This lovely plant combats benzene, formaldehyde, and xylene, a solvent used in the leather, rubber and printing industries. The plant derives its name from the uniquely shaped leaves that resembles a spider. The plant is also completely safe if you have pets. Water required is very minimal and if at all the plant turns brown, there is nothing to worry as it will get its green self back soon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive. The process involves the fertilisation of the egg with the sperm in a laboratory and thereafter, inserting the embryo formed, into the uterus. But lack of understanding about the topic has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 2: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don’t cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
Myth 3: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 4: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it’s not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!