Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavita TodmalYour feedback matters!
I had sex sex on 20th march, 3 4 days back of my cycle. Still now didn't get my period. Can I go for pregnancy test now? Will it give the correct result now 27th?
I have a problem related to the menstrual cycle when my menstrual cycle comes I have got a lot of pain. I also feel that my vagina part is blocking and fell uncomfortable I take lot of medicines for that but the medicine don't show any effect please sir or mam tell me what I can do for this. Which is your too much greatness.
Hi, My Frnd Had Intercourse (Unprotected) On 31st Of August 2016. Her Periods Where From 17th To 21st August. It's a 5 Day Cycle Mostly Regular And Sometime Date Changes. She Didn't Had Full Penetration Just Her BF Inserted His Tip Into To Vagina. Once And Then He Fingered Her. After That He Ejaculated Outside. So Is It Possible That She Could Conceive? She Is Just 22 and Worried. Or Will She Get Her Regular Period Any Chance Of Getting Pregg By Pre Cum Or Something. Please Suggest Some Food That Will Help her To Get Her Periods Or To Get Early Period. Thanks.
I am newly married couple me and my wife age is 20 years. But there is a problem in excitation of my wife. She excited for a short time. I make an effort to excite her but at the time of entering she afraid and a great pain during intercourse after that we have to stop it. So please suggest me what is the problem.
I am suffering from low placenta in the fifth month of pregnancy having light spotting what precaution should I take.
I recently got married before 6 months, but till now my spouse did nt got pregnant pls suggest me the best way to get her pregnant.
• Essential Fatty Acids
EFA are essential for getting pregnant. Omega 3 fat is necessary to maintain the balanced production of hormone-like substances called prostaglandins. They can also increase blood flow to reproductive organs, increase cervical mucus, and promote ovulation.
1 tsp. of fish oil per day is recommended for women consuming animal products while 1 tbsp. of flax oil per day is recommended for women not consuming animal products.
• Vitamin B12
Many women who are not able to conceive are deficient in Vitamin B12. B12 will help to balance hormone imbalances, essential for cell formation, aids in nutrient absorption and metabolism as well as overall digestion.
It is also important for the nervous system, blood supply, and the development of red blood cells.Women who are trying to get pregnant and have a B12 deficiency may not be ovulating and may have abnormal estrogen levels which can affect implantation of a fertilized egg.
B12 deficiency has also been linked to cell abnormalities of the reproductive tract which may even be diagnosed as cervical dysplasia. Vitamin B12 is found in the gut of animals and, therefore, cannot be obtained through plants. Women following a vegan or vegetarian diet are often low in B12 and should use supplements. Women trying to get pregnant, and pregnant women throughout their pregnancy should be consuming 2.6 mcg of B12 per day.
Beside taking supplements, if you’re trying to conceive, you should increase intake of beef, poultry, fish, fortified dairy or nondairy products as well as booster foods such as nutritional yeast. B12 shots are also effective.
If you’re trying to get pregnant, you should be increasing the protein intake to about 25% of what you have previously been eating. High-quality protein with all amino acids is the best option, high-quality animal protein is also sources of other important nutrients such as iron, and B-vitamins.
• Folic Acid
Folic acid is one of the best-known vitamins to aid in pregnancy. It is essential for preventing neural tube defects, congenital heart defects, cleft lips, limb defects, as well as urinary tract defects in the baby.
Deficiency in folic acid can also increase infertility and cause pre-term labor. Folic acid can be found in liver, lentils, beans, black beans, asparagus, spinach, and broccoli. If you’re taking a supplement, then it should be should be between 600-120mcg per day.
My friend is having a menstruation problem. For every 3 months once she get periods. Please suggest.
It's a myth that since a child's milk teeth are bound to fall off, they don't require any special care or dental treatment. Several researches and studies have proved that any decay or damage to a child's milk teeth leads to problems that affect the permanent teeth as well. Also, a mother's improper dental hygiene during pregnancy proves to be harmful for the developing baby. Here are some useful tips if you're planning a baby or if you already are a proud mother of one!
- Your dental health also contributes to your overall health. Just like you pay regular visits to your Gynaecologist during pregnancy, make sure you also find yourself a friendly, neighbourhood dentist to take care of yours and your child's teeth.
- The hormonal upsurge during pregnancy casts its effects on your gum health too. This leads to increased inflammation and plaque build-up in your oral cavity resulting in gazillions of bacteria in your mouth. What goes in your mouth, goes inside your body too. All these bacteria are transferred through the blood stream to your baby resulting in the following ill effects:
- Preterm babies with low birth weight
- Increased risk of premature delivery
- Gum bleeding
- Do not defer your dental treatment. Most dental treatments can be safely done during the second trimester. Any emergency dental problem can be taken care of after obtaining a consent from your gynaecologist.
- First visit, first tooth. The first milk tooh appears at 6 months of age and that's when you need to schedule your baby's first appointment with the dentist. Keep your kid's gum pads clean by wiping them with a clean wet gauze pad or wash cloth after every feeding. Start brushing your child's teeth with a kid-sized toothbrush when milk teeth begin to erupt. Don't let your child sleep with sweetened milk bottle or pacifier in the mouth.
- Be a role model. Overcome your own apprehensions related to dentistry and inspire your children to take care of their oral health. Good dental habits need to be taught at an early age. Monitor your kid's toothbrushing till 8-9 years of age. Teach them the importance of regular dental visits.
Follow these useful tips and pass on a healthy legacy to your child. A mother always wants to give the best of everything to her children and what's better than a healthy smile.
Good evening sir/Madam, My wife is 9 months carrying, today morning her got vomiting 2 times, from morning onward she is getting stomach pain, she went loose motions-3 times, please give a solution. Sir/Madam.
i am 25, I had 5 times protected sex in one night. Is it necessary to take a ipill for safety. Can I be pregnant? please reply.
Hello doctor, I'm 24 years old and I have pain in my breast. Which started from left breast. Now the nipples in my left breast pain and prick when I raise my hands. And my right nipple pain when touched .i missed my periods for than one month. And I'm not pregnant. What may be the reason behind it.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid produced in the stomach starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, among others.
So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list:
- Control weight: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: The LES or the muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing, in order to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go gluten free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut ingredients, including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tract can handle.
- Other dietary measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit, so that food can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and well timed meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and doing exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.