Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I've had a growing issue with Ed since a loss of erection a few years ago with no explanation. I worry about it with every time since. I've been cleared by a urologist no physical problems. Please help.
Young child with fever, coryza, conjunctivitis
Generalized confluent blanching erythematous macular rash peaking with fever
Treatment is supportive. Rest, hydration, nutritional support, anti-cough preparations, and respiratory isolation are necessary.
Sir my wife is suffering from headache for the last 2 days. Her BP is 136/84. She has congestion and cough.
I'm 22 years old. I'm suffering from cough and cold from past few days. I see tinges of blood in my phlegm. Is this serious?
9 years child bed wetting. Treatment by urologist and homeopathy by two doctors. Not even slight recovery. Getting treatment for viet d deficiency. Otherwise good child getting above 90% marks and full attention of parents. No pressure from parents.
'Red wine is a ladies' drink'; if you are averse to alcohol, especially to its usual, piquant taste, you must have been suggested with the lightness of red wine by officious onlookers. That surely isn't a remote possibility when you are a lady and of age. Cautious introspection backed with years of medical or scientific research tells millions how wine, when consumed in moderation, helps improve a woman's physical health: the facet of mental health can be taken for granted as inebriation of most kinds results in mood elevation. It is therefore a ladies drink indeed.
While being perturbed about the health of your skin, the sagging cheek muscles, a double chin or wrinkles that start showing once women are in their thirties, you must have rarely conjured the image of a vineyard to relax and repair. A vineyard can actually be your key source to youthful skin. Take a look at the following points to believe the same:
- Red wine can act as an anti-aging intervention in case of both men and women. A glass of wine every day can keep a woman's skin young and taut while two glasses of the same drink can let a man enjoy the look of a young adult.
- Free radicals are active causes of aging. Red wine is rich in antioxidants and thus can do away with such radicals. Many use grapes and grape juice for a glowing skin. Grape juice is way less effective as compared to wine as the latter contains the seed and skin of the fruit during fermentation. The fruit as a whole has polyphenols such as resveratrol that can successfully counter free radicals.
- If you are a health freak and insist on going by a Mediterranean diet, wine is part of your regular diet. You will experience the benefits in a few weeks' time.
- When consumed in a measured and controlled manner, red wine can reduce a person's chances of contracting breast cancer. Wine sharpens your mind while you age; your cognitive faculties therefore do not rust.
- Red wine can make your skin glow from within, unlike any other wine, as white wines have only a little amount of antioxidants.
- Your skin feels young and rejuvenated on drinking red wine as the drink aids arterial functions of the body. Thus proper blood circulation is ensured.
Can you tell me any permanent cure for consptipation and acne related problem this problem also leads toh further problem like acidity and increase in weight problems? do tell me as soon as possibls.
I feel like sleeping whole day. Don't want to do anything. It's been from 3-4 months. What should I do?
Hi my daughter is 3 years old. She is getting frequent viral fever, cold,cough, urinary Trac infections, one after one for past 6 months. Now she is going to school. She is sick now with cold and cough. Can you please provide me the medicines for immunity boost. Thanks.
I am 32 year old. Since few days there is white discharge from penis. Is this std or hiv. My cbc is normal. Pls suggest.
How many acupuncture treatments does it take to relieve stress? Is this something that needs continual treatment? My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? What is chronic sinusitis?
I am living in Maharashtra and I am having head ache since a year and also my eyes are paining very badly, is it because I don't sleep at night.
I have a problem of recurrent urine infection even though proper precautions are taken. What can I do or who should I consult?
Pimple-like irritations or a rash
Intense itching, especially at night
Sores caused by scratching
The infected person's clothes, bedding and towels should be washed in hot water and dried in a hot dryer. Treatment is also recommended for household members and sexual partners. Several lotions are available to treat scabies.
It is a chronic autoimmune skin disease, in which the skin cells form a mass of scales. Usually, these patches of skin, which are dry, red and itchy, occur on the skin of the back, scalp, palms, knees, elbows and around the fingernails and toenails. But some people have the patches all over the body. The patches may also crack, flake and bleed. While there is no definite cure, the symptoms can be managed and treated.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
The symptoms of psoriasis may vary from patient to patient. However, if more than two of the following signs are seen, it is likely that psoriasis is the causative condition:
1. A sharp and localized pain in the joints accompanied by stiffness
2. Soreness in the throat
3. Tiny depressions in the nails or large brown patches under the nails
4. The diseased patches of skin can crack, peel and bleed
5. Swelling and tenderness of the limbs
6. Dental plaque
7. Muscle pain due to the swollen bands of connective tissue
8. A whitish and silvery mass of scales surrounded by red patches of stinging, itchy skin
9. The appearance of blisters or rashes on the dry scaly skin and also along the nails
10. Bumps on the folded skin like back of the knees, armpits etc.
Causes of Psoriasis
Human Immuno-deficiency Virus adversely affects the immune system and increases susceptibility of all kinds of infections and diseases. HIV-positive individuals have been found to have an increased risk of psoriasis than HIV-negative people.
Anti-malarial, anti-inflammatory and blood pressure medicines can cause psoriasis as a side effect. The disease is also an effect of withdrawal from topical steroid creams and other steroid-based medication.
More than 32% of the cases of psoriasis have been linked to genes. In case of identical twins, if one twin has the disease,the other has a 70% chance of getting it too. There are several genes associated with the disease- most of these genes are related to the immune system. T cells (lymphocytes which affect cell specific immunity) can also cause psoriasis.
Diseases like strep throat, chronic infections, skin infections and stress may be responsible for the condition. Other factors like obesity, alcoholism, skin dryness and smoking can also lead to psoriasis.