Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharat
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BharatYour feedback matters!
Ageing is not the only factor that brings hearing impairment. The causes are many. Certain medications, continuous exposure to loud noise, genetic involvement, injury and some medical conditions may cause hearing loss.
- You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
- Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
- You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
- You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
- Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
My son 3 month old. We just returned from Goa to Bangalore. He is restless and taking feed properly. Constantly making sound like in pain and uneasiness.
My grand daughter who is just 6 months' old is having problems in sleeping she sleeps only 5-6 hours a day and is constantly troubling her mom to continuously feed. How to manage this? what type of solid we can start?
My son on his 2nd birthday weighs 14.5 kg, while his height is 91 cm. Considering his 1st birthday weight of 9.5 kg, is his weight within normal limits?
Tooth eruption is not only a sign that your child is acquiring the ability to tear, bite, and chew food but it also effects the baby's weight gain, immunity strengthening and development of the brain indirectly.
It is observed that most babies get their first tooth at around 6 months after birth, but they may start gnawing as early as 3 months or as late as 14, and may vary from child to child. This depends on many factors, one of them being as when the parents started sprouting teeth and whether or not your baby was a preemie. In case of premature and low birth weight babies there may be a delay in their first tooth eruption. Children should have a full set of primary teeth by the time they are almost three.
Babies generally undergo the following Teething Timeline:
6 months: lower central incisors
8 months: upper central incisors
10 months: lower and upper lateral incisors
14 months: first molars
18 months: canines
24 months: second molars
Symptoms of Teething:
Babies start gnawing to relieve the pain of an emerging tooth.
Puffy and red gums
Irritation, especially at night
A change in eating habits
Methods to Soothe the Pain:
Teething is a physiological process, no major intervention is needed.
Distraction: You can often soothe your child simply by diverting their minds off the pain by any new toy.
You shouldn't use teethers and topical teething gels to soothe the pain as they might be toxic to babies.
Symptoms of teething usually disappear when the tooth breaks through the gum. In case your baby is teething and the pain prevails , the following signs and symptoms are seen - high fever, diarrhea, or vomiting, highly inflamed gums or blue gum (Cysts) or any kind of lesion or bumps on the gums. In such case you should consult the pediatrician for further guidance.
Hi my baby is 7 month. He was having green slight runny stool 5 6 times a day. We consulted doctor and he asked for stool test and also prescribed lepicol probiotic capsules half at a time 2 times a day. Later when the stool test results came doc said its normal and to continue with probiotic for 6 days. Everything else is NIL in the result .But RBC is 0-1/hpf and pus cells is 1-2/hpf. So I am still concerned on this. Need second opinion on this. Pls help.
Sir/Mam My child is 4 and half year old and his weight is about 40 kg. He is active as well as a sharp minded personality. His height is 4 feet. My question is "is his growth is normal or he is overweighted. If overweighted please suggest me doctor in patna or muzaffarpur.
What is the reason behind that a baby below six month should be fed with breast milk only for the first six months before given proper food to him/her.
Hi my baby have convulsion since birth now he is 9 month old and he is unable to hold or move his neck his MRI is normal I consult many doctors and he is on anticonvulsant drug at the time of birth he is in NICU for 20 days on oxygen.
She originally was diagnosed in childhood with a whole in heart, then itself vsd was got closed, now she is 11 years old and her weight is 27 kgs. Doing well. She is shuttle badminton player, she is strong enough but she is lien, which food can be given to her to become a little stout.
My one year 3 months old daughter uses to lick wall and papers. Please suggest me what I should do to stop?
A. Nutrition deserves special attention during pregnancy because of increased demand and specific role of different nutrients for the baby during pregnancy.
B. A woman whose diet is adequate before pregnancy is usually able to come out with full term pregnancy
Without elaborate modifications of her diet and lifestyle. For example, in diabetes, incidence of structural defects can be reduced to nil by bringing the blood glucose level under good control couple of months before conceiving.
C. Maternal nutrition taken during pregnancy are very important in supporting breastfeeding. Breast milk is best and complete food for baby during first four months as it also provides antibodies for protection against many infections.
D. Undernourished mothers are prone to delivery before nine months.
So, take good care of your health during pregnancy.
Hai I'm having a five n half month old baby. For past two days he s passing urine wth difficulty. Is it normal. He s under treatment of uti. Taking septran 2.5 ml daily in night. Is it normal or anything need to worry.
Hello my baby is 8 month so is it right to give him gripe water? Because I heard that gripe water is good for teething and digestion.
My daughter is 5 months old. She drink only little milk. Can I give her biscuits r cerelac for her. What biscuits I should give can you suggest me Please Kindly reply me back pls.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.