Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Baldev DudaniYour feedback matters!
Sir /madm I am 27 years old and I feel in my both of legs below the knees lightly pain and muscle weakness and tired.
I am 19 years old. I am daily going to gym twice but my body is not getting fit not only that I have pains in my joints. Is there any problem to me? Then what it is?
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
I suffer pain all day long on waist, wrist leg joint shoulder and neck. I exercise daily but not getting relief. What can I do.
Can you help me. I am having severe muscle cramps. Back pain n hamstrings are fatigue.. please help me out from this pain.
Paralysis can be concluded as the state when the muscles lose functioning in any part of the body. Any kind of disruption in our nerve system can be responsible enough to cause paralysis. Our central nervous system and peripheral nervous system communicate and control our senses of movement. But interruption in nerve impulses can cause weakness in muscles which leads to muscle paralysis.
A paralysed patient will encounter symptoms like:
- Decreasing the motor power
- Decreasing vasomotor control
- Loss of sensation
- Decreasing bowel and bladder control
- Losing the ability of sexual function.
When it comes to treating a paralysis patient, physiotherapy is proven to be the best remedy. Physiotherapy has thoroughly helped patients with paralysis in getting to feel confident and independent. Physiotherapy includes various exercises and techniques which are developed with time in order to provide a complete rehabilitation to the patients.
Types of paralysis:
There are mainly four types of paralysis
- Monoplegia: when one limb gets paralysed
- Hemiplegia: when arm and leg of a single side get paralysed
- Paraplegia: when legs get paralysed
- Quadriplegia: when both sides get paralysed
Treating paralysis with physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is advised to patients with any type of paralysis. It should be started soon in order to improve blood circulation in the muscles. It also helps in relaxing the stiff muscles. This treatment improves the overall health condition of the patient.
- Physiotherapy is also responsible for reducing any kind of swelling which takes place due to external brain injury.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in making the patient stable and independent.
- It also helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- It helps to improve the respiratory system.
- Physiotherapy maintains the affected muscles and nerves. It provides strength to the affected muscles and works to prevent the limbs from getting deformed.
- One major symptom of paralysis is a loss of bladder and bowel function. Physiotherapy helps in managing the paralysed bowel and bladder.
- Physiotherapy involves different techniques which can be learnt from a physiotherapist in order to transfer a paralysed patient.
- Othorsis, canes, braces, splints are the equipment that are advised to the patient by a professional physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapy helps in resolving problems such as anxiety, anger, depression, denial which takes place after post-paralysis mental trauma.
- Physiotherapist provides safeguarding tips to the patient and his or her family in order to avoid accidents.
- Physiotherapy has a big role in creating the motivation in patient's mind.
These are the benefits of physiotherapy which help the paralyzed limbs getting stronger and better. But it is always advised to be done under a professional physiotherapist.
My mother is suffering from knee pain for the last three years or so. What should you suggest me on an economical basis?
Sir I am 20 years old and have a problem of bavaseer for one year it is very painful and in my back have blood clotting I can't tell anyone I am trying to tell anybody but I can't do it so please sir tell me what can I do.
He has not been able to move properly due to some pain in his ass? What should he be doing to get ok?
I have pain in my left leg from 5 days, so sir, I requested to you please give me some batter advice for remove this type of pain.
I am unable to pull down my foreskin of genital area and finding pain while intercourse and while foreplay it comes down with a lot of pain and later it takes a lot of time to get back to the normal with unbearable pain please suggest me to be cured at the earliest.
Throughout the lift you must attempt to retain the hollow in your low back
The lift should be applied by straightening the legs. Avoid using the back as a crane to lift the weight.
Correct lifting technique involves the following:
• Stand close to the load; have a firm footing and a wide stance.
• Accentuate the lordosis.• Bend your knees to go down to the load and keep your backstraight.
• Get a secure grip and hold the load as close to you as possiible.
• Lean back to stay in balance and lift the load by straightening the knees.
• Take a steady lift; do not jerk.
• When upright, shift your feet to tum and avoid twisting the low back.
Lifting objects with your back rounded has been found to raise the pressure in the discs to a much higher level than that existing when the weight is held with the body upright and the lordosis present. Just as back problems associated with bending seem to occur very frequently in the first four or five hours of the day, so it is with lifting; especially so if you are lifting repeatedly and frequently. If you use an in correct lifting technique while lifting heavier objects, you may cause damage and, of course, sudden severe pain.
In order to minimise the risks involved in lifting, you should always use the correct lifting technique
You should stand upright and bend backward five or six times immediately before and after lifting, especially when a Single heavy lift is involved. If there are many objects to be lifted, you should frequently interrupt the lifting and repeat the backward bending exercise. By standing upright and bending backward before lifting,you ensure that there is no distortion already present in the joints of the low back as you begin the lift. This is particularly important if you have been in a stooped position or have been sitting for a prolonged period immediately before you start lifting.
For example, many truck drivers after driving for prolonged periods are then called upon to remove heavy objects from the back of the truck. Removing heavy suitcases from the boot or trunk of the car immediately after a long ride is another example of this high-risk situation. By standing upright and bending backward a few times before and after lifting, you correct any distortion that may have developed in the joints as a result of lifting.If at present you are suffering a bout of low back pain, especially when this is caused by lifting, it is best to completely avoid lifting for a few weeks so that healing of damaged tissues may take place.Should this not be possible, then you must at all times use the correct lifting technique and avoid lifting objects that are awkward to handle and heavier than 30 pounds (15 kg).Once you have developed recurrent low back problems you should never again handle awkward or heavy objects by yourself,even though you may be completely pain free at the time of lifting.In addition, you should familiarise yourself with the correct lifting technique. After some practice at this, lifting correctly will become a habit.