Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. B C DolasYour feedback matters!
I am sugar patient. I have not eye checked up since very long time more than 7 to 8 yrs. I am wearing the same spectacular. Doctor I need to do check up of my eyes. Please advise.
I am 20 years old and been suffering from severe headache since the past few days. I have checked my eye power, taken pills and also have had long hours of sleep but the problem still persists. What should I do?
Hello doctor, sir/mam i'm very much worried about my eyes. I am wearing spectacles since 2003 and for the time in between I have many times visited to the hospitals for the recheck up and always I found an increase in the power of my eyes. Right now power of my eyes is (-5.5) and (-5.75). I am not sure about the left or right eye having these particular powers. As you can see that the power in both the eyes is too high and also not decreasing with time. So kindly suggest me something to make my eyes as better as possible. THANK YOU.
Hi doc, I willing to know about the Lasik eye surgery, is it good or bad? How much does it cost for both eyes? How long does the surgery takes and how long I need to do precautions I am a software technical guys, I need to work with systems all day so does this surgery affect my work? How long I need to take rest?
If I will eat chicken or fried egg. After some time my eyes looking blurred and they get hot. What's my problem? And what should I have to do?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a cavity in my teeth, it puts hole in my teeth and due to this it's started paining in my ears and eyes. Please help to get relief?
Sir/mam my grandpa is suffering from neovascular glaucoma with cornea edema secondary to old CRVO .He is not able to see anything from his left eye since last 2 months his pressure is 44mmHg(icare) different doctor have given different suggestions 1st)) doc lotim B,dorzox,soline,Tab diamox,refresh liquigel,travatan and after getting treatment for 1and 1/2 month they suggested inject avastin to reduce the pressure and operate after all these they r not sure whether he will be able to see again. 2nd)doctor suggested that avastin wont work and he wont be able to see anything as he needs to be operated for reducing the pressure as these tablets cannot be used for long time after getting operated his pain and pressure will reduce but still he wont be able to see anything.And after that laser 3rd)doctor suggested that inj mannitol 100ml Iv*3 daily one and avastin but still he is not sure 4th) doc suggested that he wont be able to handle this and suggested for retina specialist he might be able to solve the issue .please help
During a comprehensive eye exam, your eye doctor does much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Here is the list things which an experienced eye doctor (ophthalmologist) can diagnose while examining your eyes:
2. Sjrogen syndrome
3. Vitamin a deficiency
4. Brain tumors and other space occupying lesions
5. Trigeminal neuralgia
6. Wilson's disease
7. Risk for diabetes mellitus
8. Tuberculosis, sarcoidosis
9. Risk of hypertension
10. Diseases tranferred during pregnancy (toxoplasmosis, rubella, etc.)
11. Multiple sclerosis
12. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
13. Hereditary disease (marphan syndrome, homocysteinuria)
14. Bells (facial nerve) palsy