Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul KumbleYour feedback matters!
Hii sir my baby is 15 days I want to my baby is became genous his mother does not produce adequate milk I give bottle feeding to my baby what should I be done.
Hello, my daughter is 3 years old. She has cold, cough and bronchitis. Whenever she get cold and cough that can't cure easily. We give such medicine that will b cure for 3 to 5 days and again that continue for 2 to 3 months. So please advice proper medication to cure .
Asthma, as known to most, is a chronic respiratory condition characterized by swelling and narrowing of the airways with an increased mucus production. The condition can affect children as well adults. However, it is quite disturbing to see that asthma among children is on a mercurial rise. In many cases, children below the age of 5 years seem to be at the receiving end, complicating the things further. What is worse, being so small, some children are not even aware of their condition.
Recognising the Symptoms in Children
There may be a myriad of symptoms that could be an indication of asthma in children. However, not all children will exhibit similar symptoms.
- A child may cough uncontrollably, especially while laughing, crying, playing or even at night (a night cough).
- Wheezing is also common in such children. One may also complain of chest tightness.
- Breathing troubles such as breathlessness or shortness of breath may be seen in some children.
- The child may feel weak and tired.
- The chest and the neck muscles also appear to be tightened.
- Many children are found to often suffer from cold resulting in a chest congestion.
In some children with asthma, coughing may be the only associated symptom, a condition known as Cough-Variant Asthma.
Factors that increase the risk of asthma in children
- Increased exposure to smoke. The exposure can be before or even after birth.
- Some children may suffer from hay fever, a kind of nasal allergy that often results in an asthmatic reaction. Eczema can also act as a potential trigger.
- Necessary precautions (as much as possible) should be taken for children who have a family history of asthma. Those with a family history of allergies also need to be careful.
- Asthma may affect children with low birth weight as well as those with respiratory infections.
There is no denying the fact that a child with asthma should be under medical supervision with proper treatment. However, self-management can prove to be equally effective to keep asthma under control.
- As we all know asthma can be quite unpredictable, affecting the child at any point in time, always keep the medications and the inhaler handy.
- It is always advisable to use a mask (especially those suffering from nasal allergies).
- Get the child well vaccinated especially with the flu vaccination (the yearly vaccination).
- There are various factors (pollens, dust, cold, to name a few) that trigger an asthmatic reaction in a child. Identify the triggers and work towards keeping the child away from them as much as possible.
- The most important point, be in regular touch with the attending physician and keep an update on the condition.
- For school going children, the teachers and the school authorities should be informed about child's condition.
- Never panic in front of the child even in the case of an extreme and severe flare-up.
Mera beta 1 month ka he or 4 6 Dino se uske kan ke undar skin nikal rahi he. Esa kyu hota he? Hum uske kan me signtel ke 2 bund dalte he.
My son is 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti must" hungry syrup, but he doesn't eat anything, please give me a best suggestion?
My wife is feeding my one month baby now a days so what should be her diet? Because we feel he has a stomach sometimes as he cry a lot.
My grand daughter 5 & 1/2 months old has suddenly developed disinterest towards her bottled milk feeds. Her weight is 6.30 kgs. She is being given nestle man pro 1. Her regular intake was approx 130 to 140 ml 5 to 6 times a day, but she could take only 2 feeds of 130 ml each & 4 feeds of 80 ml in last 24 hours. Some sort of irritation is also a new kind of development, in her otherwise pleasant mood. She is not being breastfed. Her birth weight was 1.680 kgs only. Kindly suggest appropriate treatment/ directions.
My son of aged 3 years 2 months, suffering from chicken pox since two days. Need your valuable consults.
Hi I am 26 years old female, my baby is 23 months and I had delivered my baby through c section and recently in the month of February 2016 I had inserted copper t actually before that also I was suffering from shoulder, neck, lower back and middle back pain but after the month of February I am suffering from these almost all days or alternate days, so please tell me the veg diet and exercises to ease from these pains and I want to know that why these pains occur what is the reason behind it? Please help.
My son has 3.5 years but he is not speaking even single word like amma naana also He can hear but he cannot observe others.
Meri daughter 3 year ki hai but wo ghar ka khana like roti chawal anything bilkul nhi khati or wo mitti bahut khati hai deewaron ki. So pls koi advise dijiye.
My daughter age 6 suffers frequently with allergic cough, doctor gives anti-allergic drugs like-montair, levo cetrigen, asthalin, please suggest.
My 4 years old daughter first caught by cold then fever. I am giving her cozy kids. After taking the medicine temperature goes down but after 4- 5 hrs again she gets fever. What should I do?
My son Is one year age what are the important cares taken in monsoon What's foods are benefits for them.
I am a 30 years old female with two kids, 4 years old child and 8 month old breastfeeding baby. All of a sudden there is extreme heaviness in my right breast, it almost feels like stone with lot of lumps. I fed my baby and still it is the same since almost 4 hours. There also seems to be a small boil sort of thing on my right nipple. There is also slight pain in the right breast. What could be the reason for this? How do I cure this?
Hlo. Mera baby ek month ka h or jb se wo hua h din m km se km 20 br potty kr deta h or br br gas pas out krta h jb b gass pas out krta h kuch pani jesa liquid b niklta h poty k sath b niklta h m ky kru please koi solution btao.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.