Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. AtishYour feedback matters!
I have got pain in my left leg below nee because of an injury so what should I do for my leg I am very upset now I am having problems in walking and sleeping also.
Hello sir I have suffering for stomach pain and also pain in my right leg all the time then please help me to remove all the pain.prescribed me a good medicine.
She is suffering from knee joint pain in her right joint. She is suffering this from a year. We consult the doctor also. But no relief. Please suggest some measure to relief from pain.
Some 20 days I am suffering from back pain and got accident when I am 10 years if it is effected what should I do.
At the same time if one avoids cross leg sitting, floor sitting and frequent stair climbing may boost his pain relief.
My left leg middle toe seems to be fractured as a result of a collision with a woden object. What shall I do?
I am 43 year old man I have pain in my joints dr continue giving me pain killer and sulfer drugs which creats aciity what I do suggest me ?
She has severe leg pain closer to ankle. Pain killer did not subside the pain. Her age 65. What is the remedy.
I have pain in the left hand shoulder. Pain like is injecting. It is started before 3 month. What is the problem?
Dr. I am 52 years old. I am riding in two wheeler 60 kms per day. I am suffering from back pain for the past 3 years. What can I do?
I have spondylitis n my head always pains bt now a days I am getting chest pain. N also I hve knee joint pain.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.