Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. AsmithaYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 year old student. When I am using electronic devices like phone or laptop I get pain in eye and headache. My eyes turn red. Although power is correct. Why it happens and what are it's cure?
My mother who is 73 has been suffering from herpes for 4 years now she got from her forehead which turned to neuralgia n has effected her eye which doctors say might lead to glaucoma. That area is very sensitive a slight breeze is intolerable and shes always in pain. We have tried going to different doctors tried homeo too but all in vain please advice is Botox a good therapy and if it's not why so? Thanks you.
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.
Hy. I m rajdeep singh I have a question that all the I suffer from cold. Sometimes water comes from my eyes even I m sitting at home.
I have red eyes also itching consulted with homeopathic doctor, He said I have catarrh, what should I do need some remedy.
Dear sir/ ma'am Me and my sister both are partially albino. Although my power is fine. Her eye power is pretty high. Could you suggest anything to cure this? Any operation or exercise or anything?
Sir, my eyes are become red colour and I can not close my eyes. I felt something fed down in my eyes. I what is my problem.
Hi Doctor! I'm 20 year old girl. I'm suffering from squinted eyes since the age of 12. It has happened to me because of usage of spectacles. But for the past 1.5 years I'm using lens instead of specs and the intensity of squinted eyes have reduced but it is still there. What am I suppose to do for complete curing of this? Please explain and kindly help me.
My mom is 60 years have bp & sugar. From past one year she had very low eye vision. Can I get her for eye operation ?
Extended wear rgp lenses can be worn continuously for 2-3 days, can correct any type of refractive error including astigmatism. In keratoconus also soft lenses are not acceptable but rgp lenses can give rewarding results. If cared for, these lenses can last for 6-7 years and there are no chances of infection. These lenses may cost rs 4000 to rs 8000/. Special lenses for keratoconus may cost more. They can be fitted only by expert ophthalmologist. Visit: web: mrj-jainerye. Com.