Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asmitha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. AsmithaYour feedback matters!
Give me the complete details about lasik laser treatment. I am suffering from short sight. Thank you.
Hello respected Doctors, I am suffering from teary eyes from last 7 years. From last few months the problem has increased so much that continuously my are tear filled the whole day. Some times irritation also happens. I tried many eye drops & massages but didn't work out I have already consulted many doctors. They checked my eyes by injecting process & concluded that there is almost 100% blockage in drain out ducts. They suggested for surgery. Now I would like to take advise that is there any other option than surgery?. And if not then does surgery will cure the problem 100% & is there any risk of scars on face after surgery? Please advise. Thanks in advance.
I got a small lump inside my lower right eyelid. Initially it was paining but slowly it's getting better. I am using gentamycin eye drops to get away with any infection. Help me out with this.
Sir I am a student of class 12 and my eye sight is weak I am wearing a spex what I should be take in my diet to control my eye number.
I am 18 years old and I have 4.25 sight in two eyes please doctor tell me. I am able to apply police job please.
I have problem regarding my eyesight, where I have difficulty in focus. I eyes go blur if I be looking at something for more than 10 seconds. Is that usual? I do have defect of -3.5 for both the eyes and is a regular specs user. Is it cause of this?
I am 27 years old male. My eyes are getting dried very often. Already I am using Eco tears eye drops suggested by doctor. But there is no improvement. I am getting stressed because of this eye problem.
There are many reasons why we are required to wear glasses or contact lenses including poor vision, far sightedness, inward eyelids and a variety of other conditions. These contact lenses have to cleaned, worn and stored properly so as to avoid complications in the eyes. Contact lens discomfort includes symptoms like redness, puffiness, swelling, itching, watering and burning of the eyes along with cloudy vision and pain.
If you are facing contact lens discomfort, here is what you will need to do.
- Cleanliness: The first thing to do when you face even a slight discomfort is to check your lenses properly. You will have to ensure that you clean your contact lenses before and after use, especially if they are not the disposable kind. Yet, any discomfort can point at the fact that there may be some contaminants and infectants lurking around on the surface. Ensure that you clean the lenses again and then wear them. You must make sure that your hands are clean when you are handling them and that you are not using a lint ridden towel to dry them off as this lint can easily get onto the surface of the lenses and cause severe itching, irritation and burning.
- Make-up: Have you used your make up before wearing your contact lenses? Then chances are that you have transferred some of that makeup onto the lenses while wearing them. This makeup can get trapped in the lenses and cause severe discomfort. So remember to apply your makeup only after you have worn your lenses, and remove the makeup only after you have removed the lenses so that you avoid any discomfort.
- Type of contact lenses: Prolonged discomfort and pain may point at the fact that your contact lenses are less than ideal for you. You may want to book an appointment with your ophthalmologist in order to check the lens fit and size as well as the material of the lens, as unbeknownst to us, we may be allergic to certain material. Find out whether you need a hard or a soft material or if the soft disposable lenses have some elements that are not suiting your eyes and skin.
- Environmental factors: You may also want to check with your doctor about conditions like humidity and heat as well as harsh winters and rain in case your contact lenses are causing problems for you. The doctor may be able to change the contact lenses as per the weather conditions so that you are more comfortable.
- Using your contact lens the right way: It is important that you should you must use your contact lens properly that is you must not sleep while you are wearing them, such as
- You must keep them clean
- Change the soloution daily
- Do not take a bath when you are wearing them
- Do replace your lens on time
- Always keep your lens case clean
- Always wash your hands before handling them
Tear film stability and dryness of the eye should also be checked before wearing a certain type of contact lens.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!