Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asmitha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. AsmithaYour feedback matters!
I have high fever and pain in my eyes. Have taken decold total got some relief but again getting fever. please suggest some medicines.
Here are types, procedures, and benefits of cataract surgery
Hi! I am Dr. S. Bharti, founder and chairman of Bhartiya Foundation and Hospital, which is having two centers, one in East Patel Nagar and the other one is in Greater Kailash and both our centers are NABH accredited. So we are maintaining a very high standard of eye care services in all the super specialty branches of ophthalmology. I am more of an entire segment surgeon and doing more of Cataract surgery including the Laser Cataract Surgery and the Lasik, more of the bladeless. The advantage of Bladeless Cataract Surgery over a normal Phacoemulsification or Phaco Cataract Surgery is that it gives you very precise results along with very quick healing and very early recovery.
The accuracy of the results is much superior as compared to the Phaco Cataract surgery as also the other associated complication and especially it is better in all those cases where Phaco Cataract surgery can create complications like very hard cataracts and very highly mature cataracts or all those kinds of complicated cataracts like subluxated cabinets where Phaco sometimes is not possible.
Similarly, Lasik is a technology to remove glasses for young people and I have been doing Lasik for last 30 years. Over a period of time Lasik has evolved a lot and the new technology, the Bleed Blade free Lasik is the way to go now because it gives similarly it gives a very accurate results and also good quality or superior quality vision as compared to original early Lasik and now with the advent of the ablation profiles Lasik has become sometimes it gives you a superior quality vision as compared to contact lenses or glasses.
Thank you very much and you can get in touch with me on lybrate.com
I have problem of night fall and depression please suggest me some tips and also hearing low and problem to see from right eye I am unable to see.
My wife has episceleretis and the doctor has said not to use any drops or steroids and instead has given ibuprofen 400 mg 3 times a day. She had shown 3 doctors before and no respite, as the redness of eye would reoccur in 1 month, is this the right treatment what she has now, please guide.
I am feeling very depressed. I donno the actual reason but I feel as am in an environment full of negativity. No one is trying to understand me as they have their own version of whatever I was doing. I am bold and kind of extrovert during my college days. But I think I have lost my originality somewhere in the process of so called marriage. I am unable to fulfill my in laws expectations as I was from a family full of modern thoughts. I am so much interested in education sports cinema and politics which has nothing to do with present life. I don't share anything in common with my present family. My present situation makes me feel bad and I think I have lost my self confidence and individuality. Everyone is expecting me to change according to their wishes and making me to see the world through their eyes. I donno how to get out of this stressful condition.
I have persistent eye irritation, redness of eye, swallowing of nictating membrane. Whenever there is any change of weather or change in environment, there starts itching and infection problems.
I am suffering from cold and cough for 3 days. My eyes are also red followed by pain. What can I do?
I have red eyes how to cure it and how to treat it medically can anyone say me cause I am suffering since two months.
I have very much felt like burning in my eyes last two days, so what should I do? Please consult on this matter (I have bed habitat to sleep a lot, I still awake very late at night. Is it responsible to my problem) I am 20, Dmlt student also.
I am suffering from night blindness please tell me what to do and what should it's remedies. Please give me guidelines about precautions and food.
I think I've low vision in my eyes. I sat in 1st bench which is 4 meters from the projector screen. I can see and read the words but the words displayed on the screen are slightly blur to my eyes. And also I can not see the words on the screen from 8 meters also. Should I have to wear glasses. I dnt want to wear specs or contact lenses. Is that a pbm without wearing glasses? Is der a way to wear glasses only when I need?
Sir I am having eye problem. Firstly it started from June. And I took medication from doctor then it reduced and now it started again. Before that I want to precisely state few points that before June 2016 nearly 2 years I waited for colleges from Usa and I got in November 2015 and for some constraints I dropped down. At that time I forcibly put down my sleep at 11 pm and 12 am. And for consultant of Usa colleges I used to sleep at 3 or 4 am. And I got jetlagged at 3 am to 4 am and used to wake up at 11 am in the morning. And in June I got burning sensation in my eyes because of vigorous computer browsing for colleges and replying mails and for Usa universities negotiations now I got an admission in a reputed college in hyderabad. Now the problem here is from 8 am to night 12 pm I use to sit in front of computer and after 6 pm at practice time I am getting mild eye pain and headache and I can't concentrate on studies. Please give me solution and exercise if possible and food diet as well. I am a pure vegetarian. Thanks.
Hi I am a 17 year old female. I have been some facing problems in my eyes for about a month. Problems I been facing are: head ache, running eyes, feeling weight on my head, eye paining while looking blackboard and books. Please help!
My eyes become red on continuous use of mobile, lappi, etc, They even pain a lot if specs r nt used continuously. Please help.
Hi sir/Madam I am suffering from falling 3 to 4 times a day in which Im getting memory and eyes problem. Die to this I can't work and can't study also. My age 20 years. It is a request to suggest me good.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.