Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Asmita YadriYour feedback matters!
All of us agree that healthy habits are absolutely necessary for a high quality of life. It is another story that whether we put them into practice or not. These healthy habits have to be cultivated since childhood for keeping vital organs like eyes in a perfect condition. One's quality of life is closely linked to how well one see and one can take steps now to take care of one's eyes and preserve vision well into old age. Keep Your Eyesight Sharp and protect your eyesight with the five tips listed below:
- Maintain a balanced and healthy diet - It has been scientifically proven that some foods can boost eye health and delay age-related eye changes. One must include eye-boosting vitamins and minerals in diet, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E; zinc and omega-3 fatty acids to keep one's eyes in best shape. Broccoli, corn, squash, peppers, spinach and kale are the best source for zeaxanthin and lutein whereas citrus fruits, melons, tomatoes and broccoli are great source of Vitamin C. Vitamin E can be found in legumes, wheat germ, nuts and seeds while one can get zinc in found in whole grains, salmon are a great source of omega-3.
- Reduce Exposure in The Sun - Sun's ultraviolet rays can increase the risk of developing cataracts, which is most common cause of age-related vision loss in adults. It is very essential to take precautions to shield one's eyes from the sun. One should wear UV protective eyewear or wide brimmed floppy hat for protection from sun.
- Quit Smoking - Smoking is not only bad for heart and lungs, it can also damage eyesight. Cigarette smokers are at greater risk of developing both macular degeneration and Glaucoma.
- Regular Exercise - Regular exercise keeps waistline trim and eyes sharp. Latest studies have shown that those who led an active lifestyle were seventy percent less likely to develop macular degeneration.
- Go for Annual Eye Examination - Regular examination of eyes can give a surprising number of clues about ones overall health. Ophthalmologist can detect a broad set of problems ranging from hypertension to diabetes by doing a thorough examination of ones eye.
One only have one pair of eyes, so it is absolutely necessary to take the proper steps to care for them. By nourishing one's body with the right foods, getting regular exercise and going in for regular eye exams, one can keep vision sharp at any age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am 23years old guy. I am suffering from watering problem in eyes since last 2 year. I consulted many doctors but of no use. My left eye lower punta has blocked. Some doctor said as your upper punta is fine. your eyes are OK. Some said you need to go through surgical process. I m unable to decide. I hve gone through syringing process. BT it relieves only fr few months. please tell some proper treatment.
I am 48 years female diabetic since 2008 having puffy eyes. Is this due to ageing or some other reason. Usually diabetes between 200-260. Sometimes better than that. Please suggest the remedy.
I am 28 years old male. The problem. Is that from past 2 weeks my eyes are painting severely when is open my eyes after sleep. There would be some sort of itching or poking in my eyes. So I want it what actually the problem is.
I have red eyes since I can remember. Accompanied with itching, gets better in winters and worse in summers and after long compete hours. I have also noticed that when I smoke weed they get better. 7-8 years before a doctor told me it's an allergy and you have to live with it. 22 male.
I have eye problem. I can not see long distance sight. Facing huge problem while studying too. please help me and suggest any way to solve it.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.