Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all General Physicians online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Kumar NaikYour feedback matters!
I have constipation most of the time because of that I got mouth ulcers. Every month I suffered from mouth blisters. Please suggest me helpful medicines. Or what else I can do?
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that results in rapid heartbeat leading to heart failure, stroke, and other cardiac complications. In this condition, the upper valves of the heart beat irregularly. Some of the common symptoms of this condition include weakness, heart palpitations and shortness of breath. There could be several episodes of Atrial fibrillation. Although it is not life threatening, there could be serious complications owing to the nature of the condition. Atrial fibrillation can also lead to a condition known as the ischemia.
What are the different types of Atrial fibrillation?
- Occasional- This condition is also known as paroxysmal fibrillation. Here the symptoms come and go. For few patients, the symptoms might stay for a few minutes, for others, it can stay up to hours before everything becomes normal again.
- Persistent- The beat of the heart does not go back to normal. Medication along with electric shocks might be required to amend the condition.
- Long-standing persistent- This is the kind of Atrial fibrillation that can last up to 12 months at stretch.
- Permanent- This is the type where the erratic rhythm of the heartbeat can’t be restored. Long term medication is required to fix the condition.
What are the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation?
Some of the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation include Coronary artery disease, sleep apnea, viral infection, lung diseases, exposure to tobacco, caffeine, etc, metabolic imbalance, hyperactive thyroid gland, viral infections, congenital heart defects, stress due to illness, pneumonia and surgery, history of heart surgeries etc.
What are the risk factors for Atrial fibrillation?
Here are some of the common risk factors for this condition:
- Age plays a critical role in any cardiac related disorder. The older a person is, the greater are the chances of Atrial fibrillation
- High blood pressure along with unhealthy lifestyle can increase the risk of Atrial fibrillation
- People with a history of obesity can get this disease
- Chronic conditions such as kidney disease, metabolic syndrome, thyroid problems can lead to Atrial fibrillation
- People with an existing heart condition such as heart problem, heart palpitation, valve failure, coronary artery disease etc have an increased risk of suffering from Atrial fibrillation.
How is Atrial fibrillation diagnosed?
A doctor might use one of the many tests or diagnostic technique that are available to diagnose this condition:
- ECG- This is first but an important test to fathom whether there are any irregularities in the heart beat. The sensor presents in the ECG machine throws heart bit diagram in the form of graphs.
- Echocardiogram- This is a technique wherein sound waves are passed through the heart and an image is taken to understand about any possible irregularities. This is a fine test that can readily detect underlying and structural heart diseases.
- Blood tests- Blood tests can help to identify any thyroid irregularity or other condition that might lead to Atrial fibrillation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.