Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini. K. Handa
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini. K. HandaYour feedback matters!
After half an hour of taking my dinner I feel extreme heating in my abdomen area and sometimes it spreads to chest too. It stays for nearly an hour and sometimes 2 hours. Whats the reason. And any remedy of this.?
I had piles problem yet I have burning sensation after passing stools, discomfort and itching at anus. I do not know if there is piles or not, but when I put my finger in my anus I find some finger like thing is it a part of a anus or its a piles? And if piles then how would I treat it.
I am 74 years. from past 18 years. On Betaloc 25 bd, avast 10, clodrel75. For bp I take dilzem 30, planep25 and almighty 10 all of. Stomach bloated always. On esomeprazol. Reflux forte. In 2009 endoscopy done and gastritis detected. Last year it was found ok I get giddiness with gas. Every two hours need to take food to avoid giddiness. What is my problems? Please advise.
I am suffering a lots stomach problem like gas, acidity, less hungernes, constipation etc. please suggest me how can I resolve this problem.
I have gas problem and too much burning in stomach after 2 hours of taking meal. In morning too much gas formed and burning sensations what should I do to get rid from this.
He has gas problem And acidity on eating spicy food with vomiting. Bad mouth odour suggest treatment?
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem. Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.