Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini. K. HandaYour feedback matters!
Sir I hv a gastric problem. Pls help me which medicine I will take. I am suffering gastric since three years.
I have indigestion problem. Previously I had sufferd from jaundice ten years ago. These days I am nt able to take as much food as per stomach needs. Please provide me useful suggestions regarding my problem. Is there any chance for jaundice to repeat again?
While doing potty in the morning, pain in the anus and some times blood come out with stool. Not able to sit properly.
How to bring down sgpt 102? I am 22 yrs and never had alcohol or cigarettes. My ferritin level is normal and has a moderate fatty liver. I am 180 cms and 79 kg.
I am 77 years old. My problem is abdominal gas. Especially during the evening and night. There is rumbling in the stomach and gas goes out below. Till evening I feel just fine. Only during nights it happens. I am taking Amrit Bindu an ayurvedic preparation, one small dose mixed with water. But this medicine makes my bowels jet black. Is it normal. Should I continue this medicine. Is it amoebiasis? What is your advice?
At the time of taking food the throat swelling continuing. So please answer me what is the problem. Because I have a thyroid problem & gas related problem.
I am 30 yr old man and have not digestion well whereas day to day changes in my body eg.- lethargy, gas problem, weakness, body pain. What should I do.
My dad is 63 years old he is suffering from stomach bloating and fullness in stomach even though when he eats less and itchiness in skin he ate lots of sugary sweets during diwali time can you tell me what to do.
I am 42 years old man and facing allergic cough, gas and sleeplessness and headache including piles problem and abdominal growth kindly reply me with suitable advice to overcome the same.
Whenever I workout in gym, there is always a acid reflux happening and drinking water also making me vomit after workout in gym?
When there is too much accumulation of fat cells in the liver, the healthy tissue gets replaced by the fat cells resulting in fatty liver. The liver colour changes to yellowish greasy one. More than half of liver related diseases are caused due to fatty liver. Some of the common symptoms of fatty liver include excessive sweating, nausea, excess abdominal fat, itchy eyes, gallstones and fatigue. Luckily, though, a fatty liver is a reversible condition.
Here is a list of 5 effective ways to avoid fatty liver:
- Cut down on carbohydrate: Too much consumption of carbohydrate can result in fatty liver. Some of the biggest culprits are white flour and sugar related products. Since, the liver converts excess carbohydrate into fat, over consumption of food items such as pasta, potatoes, rice and breakfast cereals should be checked. A diet consisting of low carbohydrate and low fat should be designed and followed for cutting down fat in the liver.
- Cut down on alcohol: Chronic alcoholism is the second biggest reason of a fatty liver. Alcohol results in damage and inflammation of the liver cells, thus infiltrating a lot of fat cells into the liver. Alcohol also restricts the process of healing. Restricting alcohol is an essential towards cutting down fat in the liver. Low-fat alcohol such as red wine and brandy can be consumed twice or thrice in a week. If a person is suffering from a chronic liver condition, a doctor should be consulted before alcohol.
- Protein consumption: Breakfast should have an adequate amount of protein. It balances the blood sugar level of body, helps to fight cravings and helps the liver to detoxify foreign objects. Some good sources of protein include eggs, nuts, chicken, seeds and fish. The serving size should not be more than 4-6 ounces per day. Proper intake of protein will slowly reduce fat in the liver.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable: Fresh fruits and vegetables are some of the most powerful agents in cleansing liver toxins. They have the capacity to repair liver filters and remove excess fat. Even juice of vegetables fetches excellent results in getting rid of excess fats. Fruits, on the other hand, possesses vital mineral and vitamins that are used by the liver to eradicate fat cells.
- Get moving: If the endeavour is to remove fat from the liver, running and daily exercise has a pivotal role in achieving it. If a person has never worked out, a good way to start is to spend half an hour in a day running and doing free hand exercise. One can also get into a gym and try extensive cardio exercises to cut down liver fat. It is not safe to perform any high-intensity training should without an expert supervision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hello Sir, burp is always coming, for example 10 burp in a hour, any problem for me or how to cure it.?
Are anal fissure, piles and fistula internally connected problem I want to mean if one suffer from anal fissure then he has greater possibility to get piles? Is it possible to get 100 percent permanent cure from anal fissure by any surgery?
Hi sir I have been suffering from fever from last 4 days. My potty is not clear and even also suffering from gas trouble. I can not bath in the because because I got cold and again symptoms of fever started. Last night I have eaten 2 big big banana due to which I am getting problem in my stomach. And my urine colour is yellow also. My potty colour is little bit yellow. And I am having problem of loose motion also. And I am having little headache problem also. When I came from exam my head start paining. It stops when I listen song with headphone in full volume.
Here are symptoms, cause and treatment of Diarrhea
Namaskar! I am Dr. Charu and I have The Head of Department and senior consultant, Department of Pediatrics in Teerath Ram Shah Hospital Dr. J.P Singh and Dr. Sunil Gupta, senior consultant In the Department of Pediatrics in Teerath Ram shah Hospital. Today we’ll be talking about Diarrhea.
So Sir my first question is, tell us something about Diarrhea.
In kids, diarrhea is quite a common problem. There are multiple reasons due to which loose motions occur. Some are infections while others are non-infections. Now if we first talk about infections then the most common infection is Rautavaara Diarrhea or Rotavirus infection. Other than this some bacteria can also lead to an infection along with parasites like Amoebiasis and Giardiasis. Under the noninfectious causes, the major reason is what we call ‘Cow’s milk Protein allergy’ which is when the child is unable to digest cow’s milk or any other sourced milk.
What are the symptoms of Diarrhea? In case of a child there are loose motions, vomiting is quite common and stomach ache, low or high fever and sometimes there is blood along with loose motions. Other than this if there is an acute case of dehydration then sunken eyes may happen, skin turns less pliable and the child passes less amount of urine. If the loose motion persists then there can be a chance of acute renal or kidney failure as well which could lead to death.
My next question is to Dr. Sunil. Sir What is Rotavirus virus? Tell us something about that.
Rotavirus is that type of virus where it is found most commonly in children of 5 years or less of an age which causes diarrhea and in 40% of the cases, this virus is the cause. Overall in India 2.5 crores of children get affected by Rotavirus which causes the disease and out of that, 20 lakh children end up needing OPD consultancy and out of that almost 8.5-9 lakh children end up with admission in hospitals with 2.5 children suffering death. It has been noticed that Rautavaara diarrhea is a very severe diarrhea and often causes dehydration. As Dr. Sunit told us, this is a very common disease. Another way of looking at it is that every day 335 children die due to this particular disease which makes a total of 14 kids each hour and 1 kid in each minute. Hence, you can understand that this is a very serious problem in India.
As you said that this is a very serious problem, so Dr. Sunil I would like to know that what are the steps which could be taken to prevent this complication from occurring?
See Rotavirus Diarrhea is where there is an acute loss of water and this is mainly found in children so obviously the first treatment would be to provide the child with ORS and large quantity of fluids. However amount of liquid the child is passing through loose motion, there should be an increased amount of water intake in forms of ORs, Coconut water, rice water or even just water; as compared. And if the problem of dehydration can be curbed then further complications can also be controlled. In Rotavirus’s case Antibiotics are not required and the mother can continue with her feed but when dehydration occurs then the child should be admitted into the hospital because it will need IV fluids. Through these steps, in most of the cases, diarrhea can be controlled in hospitals as well as houses.
Sir you told us about managing the disease but are there any methods to prevent it?
Now we have a oral vaccine available for Rotavirus which is a pain free method without any injections. This is in the form of a liquid which we can provide a baby for a time period of 6-13 weeks. This dose is given thrice every month to the newborn which provides the child a protection from the Rotavirus. The Government of India has also approved the vaccine to be included in the National Immunization Programme but till now it has not been sent out to every state. Other than this, the main things is to follow through with the Priminister’s ‘Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan’, if we excrete inside bathrooms and not outside, maintain basic hygiene by washing our hands before and after using the toilet, cleaning our hands before feeding the child, and drink clean water then to an extent we can prevent rotavirus as well as various types of diarrheas.
Teerath ram shah Hospital and Triveni together have started a programme to help children from Rotavirus. Here in his hospital, we provide the vaccine at free of cost which newborns will be provided with for a time period of 6-13 weeks.
I’d like to thank both of you for providing us with this information and if you want to know more about this then you can contact us through the hospital or through Lybrate.