Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok DesaiYour feedback matters!
Can on 31 oct and period on 8 nov and now stomach is paining any chance of pregnancy. After period I think on chan ce?
Lower lip on the left side has been twitching for 10 days now. It happens many times in a day and lasts for few seconds.
Hi, if am ovulating on 12th day of my periods, then will it be a successful attempt if I try to conceive on 14th and 16th day?
I had missed my periods from 24 days. N had unprotected sex at 18 april but my husband did not ejaculate inside me. And agn had sex at 26 april but this time I took unwanted 72. Ryt now I am having pain in my lower abdomen, weakness n vomiting daily. I had not done pregnancy test bcoz I cnt do it due to some family problem. Well I hve tried some homemade test too which were negative. I do not want to conceive now. At d same time can not get help from family member. please suggest me what should I do to avoid pregnancy. I evn have kidney stone problem. Is my period is effected by stone problem. M confused. Plzz help Doctor. Plzzz.
For the last 5 years I have been suffering from pcod. I am taking yasmin since then. Till now everything was okay but for last few months my menstrual flow has been reduced and I am feeling as I have gained some weight. What should I do.
My wife is getting bleeding from so many days (10 days) in this month any medicine and why? Please advise.
My weight is 94 and I have thyroid 0.8 in tsh. Periods was regular so it is possible to get pregnant to me. For get as soon as possible cn you give a advice which medicine to us get pregnant please kindly requesting.
Irregular dating menses problem in women at the age of 25, what is the cause for it and whether it effect to child birth problem?
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.
Hello, we are trying for a child for last 3-4 months; however there is no positive result as yet. We consulted a gynaecologist who suggested follicular for me (for which results are ok) and semen analysis for my husband. My husband consulted an andrologist who also advised my husband to undergo circumcision surgery. As we are planning for a child, so will this (circumcision) surgery have any negative impact on that? please Advise. I am 33 yrs old and my husband s age is 37.Thank you.
My spouse @44, her breast are heavy, than she wants get rid of from heavy, kindly suggest some tips.
Hi Doctor, Someone told to unwanted 21 tablets will be regulating periods problem it is true please tell me how much months I have to use I have pcod it is 4 mm to 7 mm size please tell me.
Hi, My wife's last cycle start date was on 27th march 2016, cycle length of approx 35 days, tested on 3rd april, 4th april and 5th april - all positive but HPT line was a little faint. Consulted doc (gyn) on 5th april evening. He saw all the HPT kit results and said the line is a bit faint and prescribed hcg injection 5000iu every week, duphaston, vitagreat, optogest, maintane, ondem (on SOS basis). My question is since we tested on the 2nd day of missed period did we test too early explaining these faint lines? We asked about the injection and the doc said it is to prevent the pregnancy and asked us to visit next week with HPT (fmu) and if it is again faint he will do a sonography. Would also like your opinion about the medicines prescribed. Thanks.
My friend is a suffering from a disease called pcod. What are the ways and cure to get rid of it. Please explain in detail. thank you.
Dear Doctor, I am not married yet but strongly I am having feeling that I should have a baby , I should do breast feeding, may be this is because of my age. As I am running 30 years, may be in this age any women may have feeling of baby. While looking towards any baby my nipples starts discharging this is happening since last 5-6 months, but now since last 15 days the colour of the discharge is brownish, dark yellow, I went to doctor, she advised me ESR MP, thyroid function, FSH LH hormone, and mammogram test. Please guide.
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.