Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish TanajiYour feedback matters!
I am married since 9months and was suffering from PCOS, and had allopathy medicines. Now I am having facial hair growth. I have sensitive skin also. Pls advise what to do for facial hair. Jow to ride it off for ever.
I have pain in the left breast and done sonography of left breast and seen there hypoechoic node position measure 2.3 x 1.5 cms in the left axilla measuring 11 x4 mm. Fibroadenoma is obsevered. Please doctor suggest what is resolution to solve this.
I am 20 years old. I have menstrual problem since 3 years. I have consulted 2 gynaecologists. But medical help was partially effective. Now I am facing a new problem. When I have sex the other day my period starts. I had periods twice in a month. What I do?
Yesterday during my period I lost quite a lot of blood and also had stomach cramps. Today I have a terrible body ache (muscles + joints) since morning. Could this be because of blood loss or is this a symptom of some other ailment. Today there is a bandh in my city and so none of the nearby clinics are open.
Hello doctor, I had sex with my girl friend with safety, but still we are scared that she is having pregnancy, we almost done 9 times in this past one month, after her menstruation of last month, are der any possibilities to become pregnant, I have used safety, twice I have inserted without condom, but that was jus for few pullings, but I did not cum in her vagina, I din release sperm in her without condom. Jus for 2/3 times I jus inserted and started again with condom, so do that leads to pregnancy. If so how shud we get normal to ignore pregnancy? Pls help me doctor.
Counting calories is one of the most popular ways of dietary management for weight management. It is not always easy to do when you're out or pressed for time, may be in a situation like dinner party, hiking, etc.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when straight calorie counting is impractical.
1. Eat foods that are filling and low in calories. That means, as often as possible, your meals and snacks should include whole grains, such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and oatmeal, as well as legumes, such as lentils and other beans. And don't forget to fill at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
2. When you eat meat, cut out fat and cut down portion sizes. Choose lean cuts of meat and modest amounts about 3 or 4 ounces per serving (which is roughly the size of your palm).
3. Avoid fried foods. Frying foods adds fat and calories. For stove top cooking, it's better either to stir-fry foods in a non-stick pan lightly coated with a cooking-oil spray or to braise them in broth or wine. Baking, broiling, and roasting are also great options.
4. Choose low-fat or fat less dairy foods. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium, but the whole-milk versions of these dairy products are very high in fat.
5. Avoid fast foods. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other fast-food staples tend to promote weight gain for two reasons. First, they are high in fat, calories, or both. Second, the" value meals" available at many fast-food chains are often excessively large and tempt you to overeat.
6. Avoid high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks. Chips and other deep-fried snacks are high in fat and therefore calories. But even snacks labelled" low-fat" are often high in calories because they contain large amounts of sugars and other carbohydrates.
7. Watch what you drink. Regular sodas, fruit juices, and, especially, alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
Source: health beat (harvard medical school)
I was pregent in month dec 2014 but it aborted due the heart beat was not there so when can except pregency again and this month I did not get period this month so I have check the pregency test also but it was negative so whay reason for this problem.
According to recent statistics only 40% of Indian women opt for preventive health check. Majority resort to self medication and ignore the signs and symptoms of a major illness. Ignorance and neglect leads to complications and fatality. It is important that every woman understands the importance of her health and prevention. Given below are some aspects that ever women needs to consider and implement:
- Physical examination every 2 to 3 years.
- Breast check- to identify early signs of breast cancer. Mammography- every 1 to 2 years after the age of 40 years.
- Screening for thyroid should be done at regular intervals.
- Screening for diabetes- every 3 years after the age of 45 years.
- Screening for cholesterol and blood pressure - every 5 years after the age of 35 years to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Women should undergo screening for osteoporosis. Bone mineral density test helps to identify problems early and treatment should be started to prevent fractures.
- Eye examination is essential after every 1 year to prevent eye related problems.
- PAP Smear test - Women at the age of 21 to 30 should undergo a pap smear test every 3 years. This is an essential test for checking cervical cancer. After the age of 30 years. PAP smear+ HPV test should be done every 5 years.
- Screening for ovarian cancer- a vaginal ultrasound is recommended to patients with a family history of cancer in ovary or any pelvic pain should undergo this test.
Consult for any abnormality:
Most importantly if you detect any abnormality in your body it is essential that you consult a doctor immediately. Ignoring or neglecting the signs and symptoms can complicate matters.
I had unprotected sex with my bf which he came inside me last Jan 22 at 10: 30pm. Took 4 nordette as ecp jan 23 @ 4: 30am (6hrs after the deed) as first dose. I vomited at 8am in the morning (i think the pills were already ingested amd absorbed in my body already since its almost 4hrs since I vomited. Took the 2nd dose at 4: 30pm and another 4pills jan 24 at 2pm. Total of 12 pills. Iv been sick and nauseous and dizzy and tried no to vomit. My last period was Dec 27. I am normally late by a weeks sometimes. Im scared. Will the ecp works? Please guide.
Plead advise can teenage girls be advised or allowed to take warm water and lemon every morning or are there possible side effects to this.
I am 35 yrs old female with weight 100 kgs not getting monthly periods for last 1 yr. What I have to do?
I am 18 female suffering from pcod from last 1 year l am also a thyroid patient my periods are irregular I had my last period in January I am taking homeopathic treatment but still don't get any results I am taking drox tova drops 25 and mental in medicine is please suggest me to overcome from this problem.
My mom's age is 50 yrs. Her weight is 96 kgs. She had her periods on 18th August. The flow is still going on. Its been so many days why is her periods not going off. She is suffering from anaemia. High bp. Kindly reply.
My wife is 35 weeks pregnant. Her BP has increased to 150/110. Doctors suggest for labour. What are the consequences to go for late pre-term labour? What are the important checklist we should be ready with? What are the important suggestions for child and mother care after labour? Anything, if I am missing, please suggest.
Hi Missing periods from 1 month. Negative in pregnancy test after 21 days and 25 days of missing period. Still no periods. Is there any chance of pregnancy still?
Please help me understand what is the best way of pleasurable sex 1. Having sex with condom 2. Having unprotected sex first and then take contraceptive pills.
I have simple right ovarian cyst measuring 50×53 mm. I have that from last 1 year onwards. I don't have pain. But I want some suggestion to recover that.
Hi, I have PCOD pblm and am planning pregnancy, my family doctor told to me, my period's time 2day onward am taking FERTYL 100 MG, so regularly I took tablet 5 days. So is there any chance to get pregnancy. And me.
Frozen Embryo Transfer
Any excess healthy embryos from the IVF process can be frozen, in case more than one treatment cycle is needed. Freezing embryos, also known as cryopreservation, takes place for some 60% of all patients having IVF treatment “ and frozen embryo transfers accounts for around 50% of all IVF births in our program.
Why do we freeze embryos?
Embryo freezing provides more opportunities for a pregnancy from each IVF stimulated cycle. For example, if a number of normal embryos are obtained in an IVF cycle, we might suggest transferring one or two of them and freezing the other four or five. This would generally allow further embryo transfers in later cycles without the need to undergo a full stimulated IVF cycle if pregnancy did not occur in the first cycle. If a baby is conceived in the stimulated IVF cycle then the frozen embryos can be used subsequently to try for another pregnancy without the need for further hormone stimulation
Embryo freezing gives more opportunities for a pregnancy for each hormone stimulation cycle and egg collection.
During a typical IVF cycle, we’ll be able to create more than one embryo, however there are serious risks associated with multiple pregnancies, so generally we won’t transfer more than one embryo at a time.
For example, if we manage to obtain two or three normal embryos (this does not always happen) we’ll usually recommend transferring one, and freezing the others. If you do not become pregnant in that first cycle, we can transfer another embryo.
This is called a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET), and means you won’t have to undergo another cycle of hormone stimulation and egg collection.
Storing frozen embryos
When you go through an IVF treatment cycle any excess embryos will be stored where they will be kept frozen in cryostorage until you decide to either use, donate or discard them.
How does embryo freezing work?
Embryos can be frozen from Day 2 (four cell stage) to Day 5 (Blastocyst). They are placed in thin plastic straws, sealed at both ends, and labelled with your name and identification number.
They then go into a freezing machine, where the temperature rapidly drops to -150° Celsius. The straws are then placed in goblets, and put into tanks filled with liquid nitrogen, which keeps the temperature at -196° Celsius.
Success rates with frozen embryos
many of our births, over many years, have come from the transfer of frozen and thawed embryos. On average the success rate is about 30%, but this mainly depends on the age of the woman’s eggs when the embryos are frozen.
So, if you were to freeze your embryos in your first IVF cycle at the age of 38, and then use them when you’re 42, your fertility chance will be relative to that of a 38-year-old woman rather than a 42-year-old.
What to do with any remaining embryos?
Once you feel that your family is complete, and you have no further personal use for your frozen embryos, you may decide to donate them to another couple who are unable to conceive with their own embryos. Your specialist can discuss all your options with you
Freezing embryos for fertility preservation
If you or your partner is undergoing fertility treatment for a serious illness or cancer you might consider freezing embryos for future pregnancy attempts.