Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind. A. ChopraYour feedback matters!
My mother is having severe knee pain. She also consulted a doctor, but we cannot see much result. Please help.
I am 23 years old and I have ACL tear in my right knee of grade 1 what should I do, go for surgery or it will heal with time.
Having pain in knee. All blood report and knee x ray is NAD. IN THE RIGHT KNEE WHEN COMES IN CONTACT WITH GROUND OR BED WITH SOME PRESSURE FEELS IF SOME STONE corner IS PINCHING. X RAY DOES NOT SHOW ANY PROB. HOWEVER CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT ARE TAKING. PLEASE ADVISE FURTHER COURSE OF INV AND MEDICATION. KNEE STRENGTH exercise ALSO SUGGEST IF I CAN DO.
More than millions of people worldwide suffer from joint and knee ache on a daily basis. Usually, this type of pain comes with age, although it can also be a consequence of wearing uncomfortable shoes and having a poor body posture.
Luckily for those who have this health issue, there is a 100% effective and natural cure. The ingredients of this remedy are rich in magnesium and silicon, known as pain-soothing compounds that have the power to strengthen the tendons and ligaments as well.
Let's take a look at the recipe for the so called gelatin treatment:
First, squeeze the orange. Next, peel off the banana and mash it. Afterwards, add the honey to the mashed banana. Then, dissolve the gelatin in water. Use a double boiler to heat it and improve its consistency. After you do this, warm up the orange juice a bit, and add the gelatin to it. Stir the mixture to prevent lumps.
Next, transfer the gelatin blend into molds and put them in the fridge for 20 minutes. Then, remove the gelatin from the molds, turning it upside down on a plate, and add the honey and banana mixture.
What are "VATHAM PAINS" How can we maintain VATHA Balance. I have been suffering from Vatham pains from 2 years. Getting pains all over the body.
I have disc bulges at C4-C5 and C5-C6 levels. I have severe pain in my left mid arm between shoulder and knee. It is very painful to hold something with my hand. I saw a neurologist, he gave me medicines but they hadn't helped me. I want to know what could be the Problem? Thanks in advance.
For most of the time my right leg I mean knee pains a lot. I just wanted to know the reason behind it and need d solution for that. please help me out in this.
Multimodal pain management has become an important part of the perioperative care of patients undergoing total joint replacement. The principle of multimodal therapy is to use interventions that target several different steps of the pain pathway, allowing more effective pain control with fewer side effects. Many different protocols have shown clinical benefit. The goal of this review is to provide a concise overview of the principles and results of multimodal pain management regimens as a practical guide for the management of joint arthroplasty patients.
Multimodal denotes administering two or more than two types of medications that work with different mechanisms. The following are the techniques used:
Pre-operative Femoral Nerve Block: Prior to the surgery, a catheter is placed beside the femoral nerve for blocking it. This nerve is located in the upper thigh. Medication is delivered through the catheter for the nerve to be numbed for 24 hours. Thus, pain signals to the brain are blocked. This method reduces the use of narcotics and the consequent side effects.
Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA): This method is also known as ‘Pain Pump’. An intravenous pump is used to administer pain relief medications, such as oxymorphone or morphine, after the surgery. The control button of the machine could be pressed, by the patient for 6 to 10 times per hour. The machine is used for two post-operative days.
Oral Medications: The oral medications include Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs or NSAID; such as Celebrex which is similar to aspirin, structurally. Alternatively, acetaminophen, such as Tylenol or its equivalent composition, can also be used.
Acetaminophen: It acts on the Central Prostaglandin Synthesis and relieves the patient of pain through multiple mechanisms.
Epidural Analgesia: It produces lower pain scores and involves less time for achieving physical therapy goals. However, this is subject to side effects such as dizziness, urinary retention and itchiness.
The objective of multimodal treatments is to provide quick relief to the patient and immediately so. Earlier the rehabilitation, more successful will be the knee replacement surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The shoulders are the most mobile joints in your body. Shoulder joints undergo wear and a tear over time and hence become unstable. Shoulder arthritis is one of the painful conditions affecting the shoulder joints. Arthritis not only takes a toll on the tendons and muscles, but also affects the ligaments and joints too. They usually cause symptoms such as joint pain, resulting in limited mobility.
Nonsurgical or Lifestyle treatments:
- Take rest or avoid the activities that provoke pain or change the way of your arm movements.
- Physical therapy boosts shoulder mobility.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen or aspirinalleviate pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections in the shoulders can also help to ease the pain and inflammation, although temporarily.
- Applying moist heat or ice packs over the shoulders for about half an hour at least thrice a day brings relief.
- Drugs such as methotrexate can be administered in case one is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic disease attacking multiple joints of the body).
- Dietary supplements such as chondroitin and glucosamine may help reduce pain.
Surgical treatments (if your pain results in disability and does not lessen with nonsurgical options)
- Join replacement surgery or arthroplasty involves replacing the damaged parts of the shoulder with a prosthetic (artificial) joint.
- Few mild forms of arthritis may be treated using the Arthroscopic procedure (minimally invasive surgery). It requires a surgeon to ease the joint pain by making small incisions to “clean out” the joint. A tiny camera fitted into the joint guides the surgeon through the surgery.
- Resection arthroplasty is a method that involves the surgical removal of the bone from the collar bone and substituting it with a scar tissue to treat arthritis of particular joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.