Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind. A. ChopraYour feedback matters!
My knee is paining from last few day I had swellings on my face and my knee I had take brufen tab. I am staying in uk. And can bend knee to much.
My age is 28 year. While playing volleyball I have felt. MRI reports shown ACL and MCL ligament tear. How many days it will require to heel with knee immobilizer.
Sir I am just 19 and I have back problem sometime my right leg is paining and after some time it stop automatically it happened with me many times what can I do for this problem.
Hi , I am 29 year old married women. I have following problems 1.Left chest pain, at times pain in middle of chest since a month 2.Left knee pain since long time 3.Calf pain n heaviness since long time 4.Urine burning since a month or two 5.Chakkar aana since long time 6.Hair fall dandruff since 6 months 7.Boils on face since a month 8.Extreme Exertion since a month 9.Coughing since Oct 10. Everyday Sneezing after I get up from sleep since 3 years.Had taken medicine for allergy from physician but didn't work.Tried everything but not helping. Please revert soon
I am suffering from knee problem. Few days back I accidentally slipped from skate board and my knee was badly hurt. It was and intense pain and I recovered very quickly (2-3 hrs). I visited the doctor to make sure things are ok. They took x-ray and confirmed no issues and it was due to an extreme pressure on ligament and need some careful movement. I recovered and now its more than 3 months. At certain angle, during my normal activity, I loose balance and the same part starts paining. What do you advise?
My father is having pain in his knee since 15 year, sometimes it swells and pains so much any help to reduce the pain as well as swelling.
Gout is a form of arthritis and occurs because of excessive uric acid in the body. There are proteins in the diet known as purines, and when they are metabolised, uric acid is released. When there is an excessive amount of purines in the diet, the body is unable to metabolise all of the produced uric acid. This excessive production or repaired metabolism can lead to gout. These get deposited in the joints as crystals in various joints, especially of the big toe.
- The joints, most frequently the big toe, are painful, swollen, red, and very warm to the touch
- The big toe is known as podagra
- The pain is a strong, shooting pain, very severe in nature
- The patient’s description is very diagnostic of gout
- Other joints could be affected including ankles, knees, and hands
Gout, as seen from above, is not just excessive uric acid in the body. There could be various reasons leading to this problem. Therefore, homoeopathy believes that the underlying problem needs to be evaluated and treated for the symptoms to disappear. The following are some commonly used remedies:
- Useful in both acute and chronic cases of gout
- Intense pain in the big toe, where the patient would not allow touching it
- The toe is stiff, swollen, red, and hot
- The pain is worse at night and during warm weathers
- The patient also may feel feverish and cold internally
- These patients usually have offensive urine, which is evident from a distance
- The urine may be brown in colour.
- The pain in the great toe is tearing, and the knees may also be affected, which also are painful and swollen.
- Any movement causes a cracking sound which increases with movement.
- The patient likes to keep the affected area covered, and opening it to air may worsen the symptoms.
- Useful in females, who may also have other feminine disorders (for instance, uterine issues) in addition to gout
- The toes and heels will have shooting pain which is worse in warm surroundings
- The affected joints also appear red and shining.
These people present with warm, bright yellow or blood red urine with sediments that could be red/reddish yellow.
- The pain travels from down below, for instance, starts with the feet and moves up to the knees and the limbs
- Small joints like the ball of the great toe and ankles are more affected by lack of warmth and inability to tolerate warmth
- Applying a cold towel or cloth may help relieve the pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!