Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind. A. ChopraYour feedback matters!
I am 29 yrs old. For the last 6 months after 4 hrs of bus journey, I am getting knee pain. Can you please help me why am getting pain and what I need to do for this.
Hello sir I am aged about 22 years and my weight is 85 kg. Recently I started going to jogging in the morning. I had a problem with my legs after running bones under my knees are paining vey much I would like to know why that pain is caused. Please give me proper suggestions for good running and to avoid my leg pain. As I am preparing for police jobs thanking you sir.
I'm taking some tablets related to insomnia, depression,anxiety etc. I want to take a whole body check up to know about and clear my confusions. I wanted to check weather I'm suffering from body or mentally. Is there any test which clear body related all issues. If yes. Which type of doc help me. And any other tests which help to know about my mental condition clearly. If any tell my in details please Thanks.and which is the suitable doc right now for me to meet. Thanks. help me please.
I have chronic problem of knee pain and medications are not alleviating my pain. I am reluctant to surgery. Can you advise me a plan?
My wife Anita Tiwari age 49 yrs, is suffering from pain in knees, waist and finger. Fingers got twisted and swelling. Please advice. The blood test done through Lybrate.
An year ago I gone for arthroscopy and arthoscpoic notchplasty. In right knee Implanted with puddu plate and allograft in high tibial osteotomy. But my knee didn't recover fully and also while walking have bend in my knee, can not able to bend my knee as the other. And also done physiotherapy for an year but the condition. Is still tje same. Please help me to walk as before.
My wife is 61 she gets lots of knee pain while walking -people say it is va only -no idea some doctors advice for operation -one of them adviced for operation without even removing any natural joint -she is not heavy in weight on 49 to 50 kgs -her elder two sisters also have similar problem but they are little heavy weight -look for advice
Sometimes my right knee paining. After 2, 3 days it will be gone, I am a normal smoker like 2, 3 cigarettes per day, somebody told me this is the reason for joint pain. Can you answer me please ?
Rt knee replaced in Jan 2015 met with accident last year Injury just bellow Knee 8 stitches knee safe but area around knee swells suddenly, unbearable pain ,pain killer injection gives relief in 8 to 10 hrs age 72,diabetic
My bp level is 160/90.I am diabetic and i have microalbumenaria problem.I have ankle swelling problem also.Please advice.
My father is 79 years old. He is having an acute knee pains. We get x-ray for knee and xray shows a gap in knees. What should he do.
I am 60 years old I WAS DIAGNOSED osteo ORTHRITEknee gap is very less. I got injury on knee one month ago. I got treatment with the following medicineZENTEE150, SYMELAM. GEMCALCAP CAn notIGLIN CAP. NOW I AM 50 PERCENT BETTER. STILL I FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WHILE CLIMBING STAIRS.
Arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. It can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is generally caused by a combination of factors. It can happen due to genetic factors in case the disease runs in the family. Sometimes it can be caused due to injuries of the past; it can also be a by-product of your lifestyle. Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
1. Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
2. Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
3. Imbalance in the immunity system
4. Infections in the joint.
Risk Factors associated with arthritis
1. Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
2. Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
3. Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
4. Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
5. Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.