Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arti H Nimkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arti H NimkarYour feedback matters!
A white discharge from your vagina is normal in most cases, especially if you are pregnant or are ovulating before your period. Further, when you are sexually aroused you will have white discharge. These are some legit reasons for normal white discharge from your vagina, but sometimes your vaginal discharge is not so benign.
Causes of vaginal white discharge
- If the vaginal discharge changes color or is frothy, profuse and is accompanied by extensive itching, there is something fishy about it, and you need to consult your doctor ASAP.
- Also, called leucorrhea, white discharge can be caused due to an infection. Fungal infections like yeast infections of the vaginal tract can cause leucorrhea, accompanied by severe itching. White discharge can also be due to a sexually transmitted disease especially trichomoniasis, which causes a reddish or brownish vaginal discharge. Pelvic inflammatory disease, unhygienic toilet habits, TB as well as anemia can be the reason behind it.
- Further, The cause of this vaginal discharge is that the mucous membranes in the vaginal tract, try to wash off the offending organisms by increasing the secretion of mucous, causing leucorrhea.
Effective homeopathic solution
Treatment for leucorrhea is designed according to the exact cause in both allopathy as well as homeopathy. Rest assured that whatever be the cause of leucorrhea or white discharge, homeopathy is more effective in treating the problem from the root. In cases where leucorrhea occurs due to infection, homeopathic medicines are capable of not only treating it, but also have remedies for the infection as well. In case of discharge being due to physiological reasons, homeopathy is again equally effective in treating it.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea:
- Sepia Officinalis: This is one of the best homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea at menopause. It’s also very beneficial when the vaginal discharge is yellowish green in colour, with excessive itching in the vagina and vulva.
- Alumina: It treats acrid and transparent discharge from the vagina that causes excessive burning and itching in the vagina. The discharge is also very profuse and it’s more during the day.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is a natural homeopathic medicine for milky vaginal discharge with itching. It’s very effective in cases, where leucorrhea gets worse from exertion or during urination.
- Kreosote: It treats offensive vaginal discharge with violent itching. The vaginal discharge is yellowish and gets worse between periods. Few medicines in fact have the same power in treating leucorrhoea as Kreasote.
- Natrum Muriaticum: A medication to treat thick vaginal discharge, which gets worse while walking.
- Borax or Bor: This is useful in clearing a copious and albuminous leucorrhoea.
- Mercurius or Merc: An acrid leucorrhoea accompanied by burning and swelling of vulva or the external parts of the vagina. It treats purulent greenish yellow leucorrhoea, which is worse at night.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Dr. my wife is conceive now we have 3 years baby we don't want another baby now can I abortion Now is 5 to 7 week pls help tell medicine name pls she is 29 year.
Hi Doctor, I had sex (not intercourse )on Sep 2nd after which I got my periods on Sep 26 with normal bleeding and blood clot and I took beta hcg blood test ,the result was <2.i don't have any pregnancy symptoms but I still feel guilty. So I kept continuing doing home pregnancy test which was negative. And even in October I got my periods on 21st and I took beta hcg test on 23rd the result was 0.1.Is there any chances that I can still be pregnant or become pregnant? Should I really worry even after these results.
My sister is had water discharge from her nipple wen she was squeezing both the nipple. Discharge was only once is it OK?
Hey. I am Naresh .my wife is pregnant and is in advance stage. please suggest me how to care of her on 9th month of pregnancy. Any method to get normal delivery? Diet?
Is mandate a contraceptive pill? I am having a regular period but less flow so my doc gave me mandate 10 for 20 days .my LMP-6JULY 2017 .from 7 july I started taking tab. After 2 days of last dose I had brown spotting i.e on 28 29 july and even today I feel my vaginal area lil bit wet. My marriage date-6 march 2016. I had one misscarige 19 june16 (1.5 month) and dne on 22 june 2016. Doc please let me know what is this brown spotting ,is it because of mandate 10? And also I had unprotected sex with my husband. What is mandate meant for .please help.
One of the most important aspects of staying healthy is to keep your body hydrated by drinking enough water. When it comes to drinking water, we stress on purifying it but do you ever stop to think about how you are storing your water? The vessel in which water is stored in not only contains it but also interacts with it and influences the chemical elements in it. In the old days, water was stored in earthen matkas but today, water bottles have become more popular. These bottles are commonly made of glass or plastic both of which can be harmful in the long run. Instead, Ayurveda suggests the use of copper vessels to store water. Here are a few reasons for this.
Plastic vs Glass vs Copper
One of the chemical elements present in all plastic bottles is Bisphenol A or BPA. This chemical has been linked to a number of diseases including cancer. They also contain a number of other toxins that are gradually absorbed by the water inside the bottle. Exposure to BPA when pregnant can lead to a woman giving birth to an underweight baby. This chemical can also affect the development of the brain and behaviour. Disposable mineral water bottles should never be reused for this reason. Plastic bottles also absorb odors and tend to leak after repeated use.
The glass is an inert material and hence when used to store water, does not influence it in any way. The two things you should look for, if you choose to buy glass bottles is that they are lead and cadmium free. However, glass bottles are not cheap and have a tendency to crack or break. Once broken, these bottles cannot be reused.
Copper also influences the chemical balance in the water. However, this does not harm the body in any way, but in fact, has a number of benefits. Copper acts as a natural sterilizer and has an oligodynamic effect on water stored in it. It has the ability to destroy a number of harmful pathogens that are commonly found in water. Copper is an element needed by the body and drinking water stored in a copper vessel supplies our body’s daily copper requirement.
Copper can also help regulate cholesterol, heart rate and blood pressure levels. Copper has also been associated with an ability to regulate thyroid functioning, ease joint pains, improve fertility, heal internal wounds, help in hemoglobin synthesis and in maintaining the proper acid-alkaline balance in our bodies. A copper bottle may seem a little expensive when you buy it but there is no chance of breakage. Hence, if handled properly, a copper bottle can last a lifetime.
From the given arguments it is clear that using a copper vessel is the best way to store water.
Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda for whitening of teeth.
Apply alumin powder at night on your teeth for two to three minutes, hold it, and clean it with water daily for five minutes at night. Your teeth will shine.