Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arti H NimkarYour feedback matters!
Usually we avoid talking to strangers as we are brought up with the advice of not talking to them since childhood. This was for our safety purpose at the young age when we didn’t have proper understanding of good or bad. But we continue to be suspicious toward the strange people even after we grow up ending up not talking with strangers.
Humans are very social by nature still we fail to show our social stripes with strangers. We should increase our social interactions with strange people assuming that they are friendly which is true with most of the people. This is because there are many hidden long run health benefits of talking to strangers.
Surprising 4 health benefits of talking to strangers
1. Improve your mental health
Meeting random strangers and talking to them boost your mood as the interaction is without any future obligation or negative consequences. In conversation, a stranger listens you and may even help you to find your own answers to problems. Thus talking to strangers makes you happy and promotes your mental health.
2. Reduce the feelings of depression and anxiety
Human beings are social animals. Talking to strangers improve our social skills and give social support to overcome loneliness. It increases the feeling of self- esteem and enhances your self- confidence. The conversation with strangers can even make you new friends with whom you may share your problems and worries. Hence, talking to strangers act as anti depression and anti anxiety therapy.
3. Reduce the risk of causing schizophrenia
Socially isolated people are at higher risks of getting affected from schizophrenia. Interacting with strangers is a way to remove feeling of being isolated, hence also effective in lowering the risks of causing schizophrenia to you.
4. Reduced risk of heart attack
Talking to strangers removes depression, anxiety as mentioned above. High prevalence of anxiety and depression in people put them at the higher risks of coronary heart diseases. So talking to strangers is also good for your heart lowering the risks of heart disease.
I was not having periods, I got sonography, multiple hormonal tests done everything came in normal however my prolactin level came as quite high after M.R.I it was detected m having micro 8.8 mm prolactinoma. The docs gave me medicine n all expressed that nothing is wrong and its treatable by a single medicine. But my concern is though its all benign and all treatable but am I prone to get cancer as compared to others or its just my anxiety and another main concern is m feeling tired and a bit light headedness so can you please send me the name of an effective medicine which helps me get relieve my fatigueness. Please please ill be highly obliged as I want to get normal and active as i.was before. Thanks in advance.
शयनकक्ष में टी.वी. आपको सेक्स के दौरान चरम आनंद प्रदान करा सकता है
- यदि आप प्रति सप्ताह में बार बार सेक्स का आनंद लेना चाहते है तो अपने "शयनकक्ष में टी.वी" अवशय लगवाएं एक सर्वेक्षण के अनुसार जिन युगल के शयनकक्ष में पहले से ही टी.वि थे वो सप्ताह में दो बार से अधिक सेक्स का आनंद लेकर चरम सुख को प्राप्त होते थे सर्वेक्षण में भाग लेने वाले 46.5 % लोगो ने या स्वीकार किया कि सेक्स या प्रेमालाप के दौरान कपडे उतारने के बाद टी.वी के स्क्रीन पर क्या प्रसारित हो रहा है जिसका उन्हें कोई ज्ञान नहीं रहता है ।
- वही 26.68% लोगो ने माना कि शयनकक्ष में टी.वी रहने से सेक्स प्रक्रिया में बाधा आती है लोगो ने कहा कि सेक्स प्रक्रिया के दौरान टी.वी के कारण ध्यान भटक जाता है जिससे चरम आनंद के मार्ग में अवरुद्ध हो ही जाता है।
- अनुसंधान में 2434 लोगो ने भाग लिया सर्वेक्षण के दौरान उनसे उनके प्रेमालाप एवं सेक्स संबंधो के दौरान टी.वी. के प्रयोग के बारे में प्रश्न किया गया तो भाग लेने वाले 38 % लोगो ने माना की शयनकक्ष में टी.वी. रखने के कारण उनके सेक्स संबंधो में अतिरिक्त सुधार हुआ है ।
- टी.वी. पर सेक्स पार्टनर के साथ Porn फिल्म देखने से सेक्स के प्रति रोमान्स बढता है इसी क्रम में 28.8 % लोगो ने कहा की पार्टनर टी.वी. पर कभी - कभी अरूचिकर कार्यक्रम लगा देते है जिसकी वजह से भी ध्यान भटक जाता है इसी कारण वर्ष उन्हें सेक्स में वो आनन्द नहीं मिल पाता जिसे वो अपने साथी के सेक्स शयनकक्ष के एकांत में पाना चाहते है वही 15 % लोगो ने या स्वीकार किया कि शयनकक्ष में टी.वी. होने से साथी के साथ भावपूर्ण संबंधो को स्थापित करने में सहायक सिद्ध हुआ ।
I know GENITAL HERPES is a recurrent and transmitting disease. But I recently married two months back at late age (36) so I need kids at the earliest so I cannot practice safe sex with my wife and whenever there are no outbreaks I am doing intercourse. 1).in this case (absence of outbreaks) any chances of transmitting the disease? 2).or is there any way that my semen should go into her without intercourse so that semen should go in and make her pregnant?
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: this is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: this is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: this remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: this is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.
This is the first time I took I-pill. How long will it take for me to get back to my normal state. Will it effect my future pregnancy like if I want to get pregnant after 2 years?
Sex during pregnancy - is it safe?
If you're pregnant, you may be curious or worry whether it's safe to have sex and how you can go about it. The good thing is, it's perfectly safe to have sex during pregnancy. You might find that your sex drive is uncontrollable during your pregnancy you may go through phases of being very sex driven, and then phases of not wanting sex at all so it's important to know about sex during pregnancy and what you can expect.
While sex is safe for most couples during pregnancy, the most difficult part may be having sex in a way that's enjoyable and comfortable for you particularly if you're far along with your pregnancy. It can take a little time to explore and experiment together to work out what's comfortable and pleasurable for you both, especially if you have a bump in the way! your breasts might feel tender, and it may be uncomfortable if your partner penetrates too deeply, so it might be better to lie on your sides with your partner behind; this way he won't put any pressure on your bump but can penetrate and stimulate you at the same time.
You can also:
- straddle your partner as he lies on his back. This way, there is no pressure on your belly and you can control the pace.
- lie side by side with your partner facing your back, and entering you from behind.
- support yourself on your knees and elbows, and have your partner kneel and enter you from behind.
Be aware that it's common for women to experience some bleeding during intercourse whilst pregnant, especially in their first trimester. This is cause by the normal swelling of capillaries in the cervix, which can burst when irritated during sex. Spotting (random spots of blood) is generally nothing to worry about, however you should mention it to your midwife just to let her know if this does happen. However, if you are ever losing a lot of blood, you should consult your doctor immediately and get checked out at the hospital.
It's important to talk about sex with your partner. Your partner's desire for sex may equally increase or decrease during your pregnancy, and be aware that he might feel very cautious about having sex with the fear of hurting you or the baby, so be sure to communicate what feels good and positions that you're comfortable with. Try experimenting with different sexual positions to find ones that suit you both. It may take time to get used to it, particularly as your bump grows bigger, however there is no reason why you should stop having sex just because of your pregnancy.
If you have any queries or worries, the best thing to do is consult your midwife or doctor and they can offer guidance and reassurance about sex during your pregnancy.
My friend use viagra for sex with his wife. He has erection problem. Will taking viagra be helpful to make her pregnancy.
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
I used yasmin tablet but 2 3 days missed I got brownish bleeding of 15 to 20 drops per day continuous ly is it considered periods or what after that I am getting vomiting sensation and I can't eat food pls suggest me.
Normal pregnancy lasts for 38 to 42 weeks. However, there may be times during these weeks that you may have some physical issues such as vomiting, backache, and loose stools etc which require treatment with medicines.
Therefore, monitoring and managing these physical conditions becomes necessary to ensure a normal delivery. Management consists of both medicines and rehabilitation. Medicines are considered to be the first line of treatment; however, the health care provider needs to take care while prescribing medicines during pregnancy taking into consideration the harmful effects they can have on both – the mother and the foetus. Medicines pass on via the placenta from the mother to the foetus. Hence, before prescribing any medicine the provider should check the possibilities of the medicine causing any congenital defect. You should avoid medicines from the time of conception till the first 10 weeks, as this is the time when the foetus is most prone to the get permanent congenital deformities. Medicines given in the later stages (after 10 weeks) may cause systemic damage. For example NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) may lead to problems during labour or organ defects in the foetus.
Therefore, medicines should always be avoided during pregnancy. Still there are certain medicines, which can be taken but after consulting your physician. Let’s discuss the medicines that are safe during pregnancy.
The following is a list of medicines and their effects during pregnancy:
1. Analgesic Medicines
|NSAIDs, such as aspirin||May cause heart abnormalities in the third trimester|
|Codeine||Effective in low doses|
|Hydrocodone||Effective in low doses|
|Hydromorphone||Effective in low doses|
|Etomidate||Unknown always ask your provider|
|Ketamine||Avoid during the last trimester|
|Lorazepam||Avoid for severe conditions, safe for short periods|
4. Thrombolytics - The possible advantages of this class may balance the risk during pregnancy. Common medicines used are: Alteplase, Reteplase, Streptokinase, Urokinase.
|Hydroxycobalamin antidote: cyanide||Safe|
|Methylene blue antidote: methemoglobinemia||Has a potential risk to the mother and foetus|
|First generation: penicillin G, benzathine penicillin, Bicillin, penicillin VK||Safe|
|Second generation: oxacillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin||Safe|
7. Cardiac agents
|Digoxin||Not advised in third trimester|
8. Diabetes: Insulin is safe to use during diabetes.
10. Corticosteroids: Advised for short term use
Always talk to your physician in case of any complication and before taking any medicine given above.
Is there any possibility of pregnancy, if the couple did intercourse on the 22 day of the periods n also they took the I pill with in 3 hour. please help her next cycle is after 8 days.
I am suffering from itching, irritation n heavy curdy White discharge from my vagina. I even have burning sensation sometimes. I had this problem even before and reduced after going for medication. Am I suffering from yeast infections or any other problem? Is it dangerous? How can I overcome this problem? Why am attacked with this problem repeatedly?
It was abt lst month. She was in her periods. Her period started on 8th march. We met on 10th and we got intimated. during foreplay I got released. On her genitals near clitoris there was no intercourse. Moreover she is still virgin. And after she went home she had her usual flow. And her period ends up on I guess 13 or 14. Firstly is there any chance of getting pregnant in this situation? Secondly Now. Since 8th of march. Now its 5th of april today that is 29th day frm 8th march and she didn't had her period today (29th day) jbki 28 s pehle hi ajati h uska date 26-28 day me and is bar its 29th day today aur ab tk nhi aai date.
Actually me and my wife did sex on March 26th, she got periods on 28th March. After that till now (may 1st) she didn't get periods. We have doubt that whether she got pregnant?
Oats vs Cornflakes - What should you start your day with?
Oats and cornflakes are both considered to be ideal breakfast options due to their ability to boost your energy levels and keep you full for long hours. But which one of them is the healthier choice? Let’s have a look at their nutritional values so that you can decide which of them to have for breakfast daily.
1. Calorie content
Oatmeal has low calorie content, which amounts to be about 68 calories per 100 gm serving. Comparatively, 100 gm cornflakes contain about 357 calories. So, if you plan to keep your calorie consumption to a minimum, opt for oatmeal.
2. Fibre content
Cornflakes have the upper hand here. 100 gm of cornflakes contain about 3.3 gm dietary fibre in comparison to 1.7 gm fibre present in the same amount of oats. Dietary fibre is beneficial for your body as it lowers the level of bad cholesterol, regulates blood-sugar and aids proper bowel movements.
3. Vitamin A content
Cornflakes are rich sources of vitamin A, containing about 1786 IU per 100 gm serving. This makes it a better choice as a daily dose of vitamin A in ample amount improves your vision, helps in bone growth and boosts your immunity. On the other hand, 433 IU of vitamin A is present in 100 gm oats.
4. Fat content
Both cornflakes and oats are low in fat content with 100 gm of cornflakes having 0.4 gm fat and the same quantity of oats having 1.4 gm fat.
The scales are tipped more or less equally in favour of both cornflakes and oatmeal, and you can have either or both of them for breakfast.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.