Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arti H Nimkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arti H NimkarYour feedback matters!
I got married 1 year ago. Now me and my wife are planning for a baby. We got intercourse from last three months but hadn't got success. My question is what is the appropriate time to have sex to get pregnant. How many times the process is to be follow.?
Whether you consider tomato as a fruit or vegetable, it has a lot of benefits that can make a person healthier and fit. It is usually regarded as a salad that you may or may not want to eat as compared to other vegetables. However, Tomatoes, because of their helpful phytochemicals, such as lycopene, help in preventing a number of cancers and convey other medical advantages as well.
Read more to know the benefits proffered by tomatoes:
- Prevents cancer: As a magnificent source of vitamin C and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that cause cancer. Lycopene is known to prevent prostate tumor. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fiber content present in tomatoes, that to when consumed in a raw form are know bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to some extent as per certain studies published.
- Blood pressure: Low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
- Heart’s well-being: The fibre, potassium, vitamin C and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart’s well-being. An expansion in potassium, as well as a reduction in sodium, is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Diabetes: Tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
- Constipation: Eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharge. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
- Eye health: Tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Skin: Collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin C. An inadequacy of vitamin C leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin C is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm as our skin is often exposed to UV rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
- Pregnancy: A good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the good health of the infant inside the mother’s womb. And, this can be found in good quantities in tomatoes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My wife pregnant from a 7 week Uski folic acid or vitamins ki 3 tablet daily chal rahi he But aaj subah se usko uthne ke baad se nind hi nind arahi he or bahut weakness lag rahi he or kuch bhi khane ka man nai kar raha he.
Hello doc I'm 30 years old have a 2 year old kid suddenly my periods have become very light n this time it started in the morning n stopped for few hours .I was fasting for Ramadan.
Hi Wants to abort pregnancy but want to clarify dome doubts Blood test non reactive but urine test was positive and in Sonography test found nothing and last Period was on 7th February 2017.
Tulsi or the holy basil is known since ages to have health benefits, however with urbanization nuclear family living in compact flats the use of this very inexpensive super herb plant is reduced. Many also feel who will take care of plant give water to it every day. The fact is, our priority in life is to be earning healthy life where in we end up paying to gyms doctors. If you can just plant this in your small pot it will take care of your health issues. It’s tried by me personally I recommend it.
It’s very common in indian households easy to grow, have 2 types
1) green coloured – lakshmi tulsi
2) purple coloured – krishna tulsi.
It is worshiped, offered to gods, thought to purify all contaminants. This is when I thought of studying more about this super plant.
What is there in tulsi which makes it so useful, well it has essential oils, antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamin a, c, k, linoleic acid best part is it will not harm in anyway.
With malaria, dengue, swine flu increasing in cities it’s very important to have this plant as natural support to help to improve your immunity against bacterial viral infections.
Following are the benefits:
Prevents against infections relieves cold, flu prevents stress blood purifier balances hormones nerve tonic, sharpens memory fights cancer helps in healthy gum helpful in conditions like diabetes, hypertension lowers acidity lowers respiratory problems its anti-allergic immunity booster best digestive improves vision.
Following are benefits of planting it in your small plant
1) easily accessible.
2) give good values to children.
3) make different uses like use on sandwich/soups/teas.
4) looks beautiful.
5) soothing to eyes so releases stress.
How to grow tulsi
It grows in moist soil very easily. It needs mild sunlight as well. Just few centimetres below soil you can grow this plant indoors till it reaches 6 cm height best time is just before monsoon, with good sunlight it grows faster. You can also pick seeds from grown plant (rub the flower and there are seeds inside, tiny black) and put it in the soil. It grows fast.
How to consume tulsi
· well you can eat it raw – just pluck it, eat it any time of the day it will give best results· mix it in water/ detox water/· make kadha – boil tulsi leaves in 2 cup of water add 2 gm black pepper, boil it to half (i. E. 1 cup) and drink to reduce dengue symptoms· have it with morning/evening tea· sprinkle over poha/sandwich or dal with coriander leaves.
I am sure that those who do not have tulsi plant will buy plant it and those who have it will use it more often
As it is said “the better you know better your health can be”.