Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
After trying for more than 20 months my doctor has not been able to increase the endo of my wife. My question to you is there any chance of improvement. Age 33 and 31 yrs. Endo does not go above 7.6 . Doctor says all other reports to be ok.
Hi I am 37 years old my problem is my 1st daughter is 9th years and i am tring for 2nd chance but I am try to 5 to 6 months but I am not getting pregnant whats problem.
Ideally, surgical incisions are primarily designed to allow easy access to the desired areas in addition to possibilities of extension, if required. Further, they should be designed to split muscles rather than cut them, with minimal scarring along with the aim of boosting regenerative and healing qualities.
Incisions can be classified under these three groups; Vertical, Transverse and Oblique incisions.
- Vertical incision
1. Midline incision: Almost all abdominal incisions can be performed using this technique. Starting from the midline of the abdomen, it can extend all the way down to the umbilicus.
a) Minimal blood loss
b) Minimal nerve injury
c) Minimal muscle injury
a) Midline scar
2. Paramedian incision: This technique provides more laterality to midline incisions, allowing access to such lateral organs such as spleen, kidney and adrenals.
a) Easy access to lateral structures
b) Closure between incisions in anterior and posterior sheath is more secure
c) Rectus muscle remains undivided
a) More time consuming
b) Difficulty in extension
c) Can result in atrophy of the muscle
3. Mayo-Robson incision: This incision is typically a paramedian incision, but which bend towards the xiphoid process and consequently allows for a larger and wider opening.
- Transverse incision
1. Transverse incision: This type of incision is made just above the umbilicus, and can dissect either one of the rectal muscles.
a) Least amount of pain and damage
b) Muscular segments can be reattached
c) Easier access to upper GI structures
a) Limited lateral access
b) Higher risk of wound infections
2. Subcostal incision: Also referred to as the Kocher subcostal incision, this type of incision starts from the midline and runs parallel to the costal margin. A double Kocher incision is known as a rooftop of Chevron incision and allows for access to the esophagus, kidney, stomach and liver. The Mercedes incision is yet another variant, characterized by a vertical incision from the rooftop incision to form the shape of a Mercedes sign.
a) Heals faster
b) Less risk of post-operative complications
a) Lengthy and time-consuming
- Oblique incisions
They are also known as Thoracoabdominal incisions, these incisions may either be situated in the RUQ or LUQ. They provide entry to the liver, lungs and spleen, as well as to the stomach and esophagus.
- Laparoscopic incision
This technique comprises of tiny cuts in the skin that allow laparoscopic tools and instrument access into the abdominal cavity
Related Tip: "Caring For Your Incision After Surgery?"
Please advice me . Her periods end yesterday means on 6 aug. Then when and how can I do intercourse which can she getting pregnant and she will miss her menses What I do before intercourse (foreplay) Please tell me dates to do intercourse?
Hello, my last period is on feb 10, 2016. After that we had regular intercourse till march 5. I have pregnancy symptoms nausea, sore breast, dilated visible veins, linea nigra visible, but my period came 1 day late on march 10. Why is it so? I want a baby.
Hirsutism is a condition of unwanted hair growth in certain areas of a women's face and body, such as upper lip, beard area, chest and abdomen, that creates a "male pattern" of hair growth. It affects around 5-10% of the women and is a common presenting complaint among females for cosmetic reasons.
Hirsutism is attributed either to increased production or increased sensitivity of the hair follicles to the male hormone- testosterone. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual cycles, is the main cause of the same. However in some cases the reasons for the same can be unknown as all reports may seem normal. Such a type is called Idiopathic Hirsutism. It is important for women to not feel shy and embarrassed about the situation. Often resorting to excessive bleaching and razers can harm the skin and the self image of a woman. You should come forward and talk to either a Gyneacologist or an Endocrinologist. The doctors after taking the complete history would advice certain tests that would measure the amount of certain hormones in the blood. If the androgen levels are elevated, doctor may recommend an ultrasound or a CT scan to check ovaries and adrenal glands for tumors or cysts.
The main causes of Hirsutism are:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: In 70% of the cases PCOS is the cause of Hirsutism. Women with PCOS often have hirsutism in combination with acne, balding near the front of the head, and menstrual irregularities. PCOS is also accompanied by infertility (due to menstrual irregularity), obesity, diabetes , High cholesterol and possible heart disease.
- Idiopathic Hirsutism: Idiopathic hirsutism refers to hirsutism that has no identifiable cause. It is usually a mild variation of PCOS. A gradual increased growth of coarse body hair is typically the only symptom in women with this condition. Menstrual cycles are normal in women with idiopathic hirsutism.
- Drug Induced: Certain drugs and steroids taken the past can trigger a hormonal imbalance and cause hirsutism
- Adrenal or tumour causes: These are rare and are related to tumours or abnormal functioning of the adrenal gland.
Since Hirsutism can be a combination of medical issues self medication is not recommended. There are a variety of ways through which the same can be managed or cured. The treatment options are:
- Medical Management: The doctors can recommend a combination of drugs such as oral contraceptives (contain estrogen & progestin that inhibits the male hormone), anti-androgens and insulin sensitive drugs.
- Cosmetic Hair Removal: Electrolysis and the modern day safe Laser therapy are sought after cosmetic ways for removal of unwanted hair. The procedures destroy the hair follicles and prevent the hair from growing.
- Surgical Therapy: Only in specific cases Laparoscopic ovarian drilling or removal of ovarian & adrenal tumours can help treat Hirsutism.
It is important to understand that this problem is medical and can be treated, managed and cured with expert advice & guidance. Women usually get depressed and have image issues. One should not get distressed; it may be a possibility that the reason may be just a little imbalance in your hormones. Eating healthy, weight loss and exercise are tried and tested natural ways to keep your body fit & balanced.
At which part of month, sex leads to pregnancy? Means provide all detail about menstrual cycle with example! and at which time sex is safe and unsafe?
Is it okay to have sex multiple times without protection and then take an ipill? and how often can ipill can be taken?
I am 32 yr's pregnant woman with fibroid. My pregnancy is enter into 6 Month. Will fibroid causes any problem? Please suggest me, what shall I do?
Dr. my have phosphates positive in urine test and before urine test if she eat she always vomit and nort feel hungry after we go. Hospital they told us phosphates positive Dr. this is any dangerous or it normal and she pregnant 2 and half month.
The most frequently asked question by prospective or new homeopathic patients is related to the time required for recovery. Most patients are worried about the length of time involved in homeopathic treatment to make them fit and fine again.
Homeopathic treatment does not deal with any independent or isolated symptoms. It helps in analyzing and assessing a complex entity involving both unknown and known indicators. Homeopathic healing has to be given time to happen at its own pace. Unconscious and conscious participation of the patients is badly needed in this treatment.
- Vitality level: This is the most important factor which contributes to making an effective homeopathic forecasting. There are two types of vitality-high and low. Low vitality people have the attitude of breaking down under stress and tension. They are largely oversensitive and unresponsive to challenges. On the other hand, people with high vitality have the tendency to bounce back within no time. They are positive, strong and are ready to respond even under a stressful situation.
- Social background and nature: People who are highly expressive and respond to their body signals can avail the benefits of homeopathic treatment to its most. In fact, these people have a good chance to get cured within a short time span. On the other hand, people who have the tendency to suppress their emotion or who are highly intellectual may have to invest more time in this treatment. This is because life is dynamic and people who exhibit their dynamism in life often respond fast to homeopathic medicines.
- Severity and type of disease: The intensity and the nature of the disease consume a great deal of time in homeopathic treatment. For example, hereditary disorders take a longer time to heal. In such cases prediction and forecasting become a bit difficult.
- The duration for which the symptoms have been persisting: Homeopathic treatment follows a basic rule which states that 'It takes a month for each year of existence of a condition to treat it.' However, in the case of a chronic condition the duration of treatment might be a little longer than predicted by the above rule.
Related Tip: Kidney stones and homeopathy?
Dear Doctor. My sister is pregnant and carrying 7th month. She has been suffering from breathing problem since 5th month. Only she feels relief when inhale huge amount of air. She is not able not to breath normally and she can't stand for long time. Actually she is carrying second baby. She didn't feel these kind of difficulties on her first 1st baby. What are the causes for these difficulties doctor and how to get rid of it. Pls help her.
Having fever since 25 to 30 Lost weight of 7 kgs Weakness and no hunger Doctor told GI infection even after using antibiotics no change.
Take extra care of your skin during pregnancy if you are prone to rashes. Take showers whenever you need to and change your underwear at regular intervals. Cotton is the most comfortable and preferable as it lets the skin breath and is quite absorbent.