Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arthi Shahade
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arthi ShahadeYour feedback matters!
Dairy is a well-known food group that supplies necessary fuel to our bodies. This fuel comes in the form of nutrients like protein and calcium, along with various other minerals. These substances help us in building stamina, immunity and endurance as well as precious muscle and joint strength. Yogurt or curd is a highly beneficial dairy product. In Ayurveda too, it has been recognised as a food that can help in keeping the organs in a well-functioning state. Here are the reasons why this is considered as a superfood.
- Bacteria: Fresh yogurt that has been made at home has a number of healthy bacteria. There are many kinds of bacteria that can enter and reside in one’s body. While some of them may cause infections, there are others that are vital for the healthy functioning of the body. The bacteria contained in yogurt are especially beneficial because they aid the digestion and keep the Agni or digestive fires burning. At the same time, these bacteria also kill the harmful virus that can infect the body. This helps in building better immunity as well. In fact, in most Indian homes, people usually have a bowl of curd or buttermilk after their meals, as this aids digestion and strengthens the immune system.
- Healthy Carbohydrate: Yogurt is a healthy carbohydrate that can be used for a diabetic diet. This can help patients suffering from diabetes in getting a dose of protein rich dairy that does not affect the blood sugar levels. It is also a good choice for patients suffering from high cholesterol, as it helps in keeping the lipid levels at a minimum even as it gives plenty of strength to the body and its bones.
- Brain Food: Ayurveda recognises yogurt as one of the top brain foods. This ingredient is known to enhance the memory. It also helps in better nerve and brain functioning. This food also helps in increasing the brain capacity which keeps it alert and sharp.
- Vata Balance: Yogurt is a fermented food that is good for the balance of the Vata Dosha. If this Dosha is thrown into a mode of imbalance, it can lead to various ailments like thyroid disorders and digestive problems. Having yogurt gives much comfort to the intestine and helps in balancing the digestion. This Dosha also creates blood circulation problems when it is not in a balanced state. Yogurt helps in keeping this Dosha in balance.
- Muscles and Joints: The protein and calcium elements of yogurt make it a superfood in terms of muscle and joint strength. This is also related to the Vata Dosha. Having plenty of yogurt can help in preventing such problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.