Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana SangamnerkerYour feedback matters!
Is it safe to have sex within 5 days after the period is over without worrying about being conceiving?
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection.
Hai doctor, my urine is yellow in color when I drink coconut water or butter milk it comes to normal after two or three hours again it becomes yellow. I am facing this problem from one week. Before this I met unprotected sex. Is this any infection. Please suggest some medicines.
Hii doc, my blood group is A -Ve and my husband blood group is A +Ve. So I just want to know is there any issues in our life regarding baby because I heard many things related to that n lots of questions in my mind so pls suggest me something what to do. Can we conceive with this condition.
I had a still birth in end of 8th month due to amniotic fluid was emptied. And I had gestational diabetes also. Now i am pregnant of 5 weeks. Can you suggest me how to manage gestational diabetes and what to do for my healthy baby.
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that is found in plant foods. It passes through the body undigested, keeping your digestive system clean and healthy, easing bowel movements, and flushing cholesterol and toxins out of the body.
Good sources include
Bran-- oat bran, wheat bran, rice bran.
Beans--- black beans, lentils, kidney beans, white beans, french beans, mung beans, yellow beans.
Whole wheat--- barley, popcorn, oats, millet, wheat flour (whole wheat), brown rice, bread (whole wheat), wheat crackers, spaghetti (whole wheat).
Fruits--- banana, pear, orange, apple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, figs.
Nuts--- almonds, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, raisins, sesame seeds, flaxseed.
Vegetables--- spinach, broccoli, mustard greens, red cabbage, sprouts, green peas, cauliflower, zucchini, sweet potato.
In general, the more natural and unprocessed the food, the higher it is in fiber.
Dietary fiber, along with a well balanced diet, is important for good health.
Your daily dose should be 25 to 30 grams of fiber.
It is an important nutrient with many health benefits.
Digestive system--- fiber normalizes bowel movements and relieve constipation, inflammation of the intestine, hemorrhoids, gallstones, kidney stones, irritable bowel syndrome (ibs), gastroesophageal reflux disorder (gerd) and ulcers.
Heart disease--- eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering ldl (bad) cholesterol and improve levels of hdl (good) cholesterol, reduce risk for metabolic syndrome, coronary heart disease and stroke, lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Diabetes--- diet high in fibre can lower risk for type 2 diabetes.
Cancer--- high fiber rich diet can help prevent colorectal cancer and also lower risk for other common digestive system cancers, including stomach, mouth, and pharynx.
Skin health--- when yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks or acne and eating fiber can flush toxins out of body, improving the health and appearance of the skin.
Weight loss--- aiding digestion and preventing constipation, fiber adds bulk to the diet, help in losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight. Since fiber stays in the stomach longer, the feeling of fullness will stay much longer and will eat less.
i am female age 36 yrs. I had my second baby on June 6,2016. Unfortunately the baby died at the age of 6 months. I had cesarean baby and ligation was done to my tubes. Now I want to conceive again. How long I shud wait and wat are the right process to get pregnant again as naturally it can't happen.
Hello Drs, I feel a pain in my left breast lasting for few minutes only. But plan not in one particular place, it travels around the chest. Pain for last three only. What can be the cause. Please tell me is anything to worry.
Is it possible to make sexual intercourse with my pregnant wife. She is pregnant from 5 months. Please suggest me.
Hello, I am 23 years, suffering from menstrual problem my periods was not on time my doctor tell me tat I have hormonal disturbnc and prescribe projesteron tblt after I intake that tblt my period cycle was correct but now my last periods was on 27th feb.
Good hand washing is the key to preventing the spreading of common infections.
Generally, as a child, we hear from our parents repeatedly saying that ,'WASH YOUR HANDS PROPERLY'.
We might think that they are nagging , but it is very important to keep germs away.
So, Follow these simple steps to keep your hand clean:
1. Use warm water ( avoid cold or hot water).
2. It's not imperative to use antibacterial soap every time , ever regular soap insufficient.
3. Rub your hands together well and scrub all surfaces of hand . Lather up on both sides of hand , wrist , between your fingers, around your nails. The ideal time you should spend washing is 20 seconds.
4. Rinse well under warm running water and pat dry with clean towel.
Sometimes, excessive hand washing can cause dryness, so use mild soaps for washing , pat rather than rubbing with a towel for drying your hands and apply moisturising lotion afterwards.
Take care of above points, next time you wash your hands.
Me and my wife have an unprotected sex tonight but we don't need child right now so please suggest what should I do should my wife take ipill or unwanted 72 or any other pills which can be avail without any prescription.
Doctor prescribed krimson 35, metmorfin and folvite for pcod. Advised me to take krimson from 5th day only. I was on the pill from november and may be the november interval was for 8 days instead of 7 day. Since period started after 4 days of finishing the pack. Did not miss any of the pill either november or december and I took the pill after dinner usually from 9-11 (never exactly on time, but within time frame). December pill pack ended on 24th december and had unprotected sex activity on 25th noon, where partner rubs his genitals on my butt but no penetration (either anal or vaginal) no ejaculation was done also strict. But since in a guys precum there are 1000 of sperms (though he went to toilet before the act) and if it manage to swim from back to vagina will their be any egg to fertilize? Since November-December time gap was 8 days instead of 7, will 1 day gap triggers ovulation? There was a full 5-6 day bleeding after completing December pill pack from 28th dec to 2nd january. Is it withdrawal bleeding on pill? Or a bleeding on pregnancy can last for 5 days? After how many days of regular use pill started to work effectively. I had some antibiotics for skin which was given after considering pcod treatment. Nevertheless will it reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Earlier my cycle was 48-50 days which came to nearly 28 days from november. Will 1 day gap on nov-dec interval leads to ovulation when earlier cycle was that much long? My pill pack of jan got over on this Saturday 21st January. If I got period this time will it be a sure indicator m not pregnant? Do timing is important for combined pill? Is the pill to be continued from 5th day of periods or will we have to start after 7 days. If we had bleeding at proper time on pill and their was normal bleeding it means the pill have worked? My Dr. only tld me to tke the pill after dinner and from 5th day. But does the pill have protect me? Does the pill give proper protection after 7 days or we ve to complete a total course? Or does rubbing on the back and not having Intercourse leads to pregnancy even if their was precum and no ejaculations?
My gf n I had unprotected sex on 1st july, n she immediately took ipill within 2 hours. She has irregular periods, n its 15th of july she hav not got her periods. Is she pregnant?
Walking is a low intense cardio exercise that is suitable for all age groups. For people with bone problems and back pain, walking is the perfect exercise. It is less stressful on the body and has similar benefits to running or jogging.
So if you are looking for reasons to jump on the bandwagon of walking as an exercise, here are a few:
- Good for the Heart: Running puts some amount of stress on your heart muscles, but does not seem to reduce the chances of premature death; whereas walking at a brisk pace puts less stress on the heart and considerably reduces the risk of premature death. Running may also cause inflammation in the muscles of the heart and increases free radicals in the body.
- Increases immunity: Walking has a beneficial effect on the immune system of the body vis-a-vis running. Running may induce conditions in the body which allow various bacterial infections like cold. You end up falling sick more often, if you run.
- Helps in weight loss: Walking is a steady state exercise resulting in moderate level of heart rate. Moderate heart rate sustained for 45-60 minutes is advised to lose fat. Running tends to raise the heart rate to drastic levels which cannot be sustained for long, thus leading to reduced fat loss.
- Stress on the joints: Running is a vigorous activity that places a lot of stress on the knee joints and the lower back. If you have conditions such as osteoarthritis and lower back pain, then running is a strict no for you. It is recommended to walk at a brisk pace for an hour every day for maximum benefits.
- Walking can be done anywhere: You can take a walk inside your office premises or even walk back to your home after work due to the light nature of the exercise. Running or jogging may require proper gear and may not be suitable for all places. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Respected Doctor What is CECT test? I am suffering from PCOD and doctors said that the problem will not be cured. It comes continuously. What to do doctor? I have been suffering from this abdomen pain for more than 5 years. Kindly help me doctor.
I got my periods on 24 th of July then I had intercourse on 3rd of August. So is there any chances of getting pregnant.
I am 19 years old, having irregular periods like twice in a month, am feeling lathargic always may be for this reason.
Maybe you're just really eager to get pregnant, or maybe you want your baby's birth to happen at a specific time.
Please note that you can not predict a time frame and sometimes it takes time to conceive. Have patience and here are some tips which can help:
The biggest secret to getting pregnant faster is knowing when you ovulate (release an egg from your ovary). Think of the egg as a bull's-eye and the sperm as arrows. One of the arrows has to hit the bull's-eye in order for you to get pregnant. If you notice that you have irregular periods over the course of several months, pinpointing ovulation could be difficult. Ask your doctor for advice.
Once you know when your egg will be released from your ovary, you can plan to have sex during your most fertile days: from three days before ovulation through the day of ovulation. (Starting a little sooner can't hurt; some women have gotten pregnant from sex that happened six days before they ovulated.)
If you have a regular cycle of 28 days, days 12 to 16 days are said to be a woman's most fertile period counting from the first day of cycle.
Sperm have their best shot at fertilizing an egg when they're healthy, strong, and plentiful. Several things can help your partner get his sperm supply in fighting shape:
- Cut back on alcohol (studies show that drinking daily can reduce testosterone levels and sperm counts and raise the number of abnormal sperm)
- Quit tobacco and recreational drugs (these can cause poor sperm function)
- Eat enough of certain key nutrients – like zinc, folic acid, calcium, and vitamins C and D – that help create plentiful, strong, wiggly sperm
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and hot baths, since heat kills sperm.