Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Doctors are saying take care of dental hygiene. But I tried all the things there no result. What should I do to overcome cavities?
I am 24 years old, I am having dental problem of disturbed teeth. How much cost it will take to align my teeth and how much time it will take?
Mere gal ke ander(under mouth) ek chota se Dana ho gaya hai prantu ushe kisi parker ka diktat nahi hai. Dekhne se yah choone se pata nahi chalta hai. Jeev se asparch karne se Dana jaise feeling hota hai. 10 din ho chuke hai kirpiya rai De.
I am having pain in my teeth from last few days and blood also coming from it. What should I do to overcome it?
I have a bad tooth problem and my tooth is full of cavities it smel so bad i'm not able to eat chicken or other hard stuff what can be done with my entire tooth and how will it be cost me to have a good breath free tooth and white.
Dental sealants act as a barrier to prevent cavities. They are a plastic material usually applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (premolars and molars) where decay occurs most often.
Thorough brushing and flossing help remove food particles and plaque from smooth surfaces of teeth. But toothbrush bristles cannot reach all the way into the depressions and grooves to extract food and plaque. Sealants protect these vulnerable areas by 'sealing out' plaque and food.
Sealants are easy for your dentist to apply. The sealant is painted onto the tooth enamel, where it bonds directly to the tooth and hardens. This plastic resin bonds into the depressions and grooves (pits and fissures) of the chewing surfaces of back teeth.
The sealant acts as a barrier, protecting enamel from plaque and acids. As long as the sealant remains intact, the tooth surface will be protected from decay. Sealants hold up well under the force of normal chewing and may last several years before a reapplication is needed.
During your regular dental visits, your dentist will check the condition of the sealants and reapply them when necessary.
The likelihood of developing pit and fissure decay begins early in life, so children and teenagers are obvious candidates. But adults can benefit from sealants as well.
I have ulcers problem in my mouth and I show many doctor but nothing happens. I really want to know how to stop ulcers.
Dear doctors, before listen my disease I want to tell that every doctors takes it very lightly but sometimes come in my mind to commits suicide because of this disease. My disease is oral related: 1. Inside my upper lips always I feels like a stripe and a bit swell also. Its make to uncomfortable. And always has to grope there from my tongue. 2. My other disease is between the both uper middle teeth, gums is swell and its makes me always suck air with help of tongue. Since last two year I am facing this problem. I am 28 year s/w engineer. I went to dentist, skin specialist, general physician. They cleen my teeth, suggest to change tooth brush in every 3 month. And skin docter gives me 3 month medicine and injection also. But no comes with relief. Please help me.
My all teeth are white. Except the canines. I daily brush twice but no effect. please help me out to make my teeth white and shine.
I have mouth ulcer for last 20 to 25 days and having rinifol and anzy prescribes by doctor. But not effective. Please help.
Having a bad breath smell is considered a social stigma. Also known as halitosis, it refers to the unpleasant odor that can be sensed when the affected person opens his/her mouth. When in the company of a person with bad breath smell, many people tend to cover their nose. The most frequent cause for this malady is the bacterial growth in the mouth. So, you need to find ways of avoiding the accumulation of bad bacteria in your mouth in order to eliminate bad breath. A very common cause that encourages bacterial growth is having a dry mouth.
The treatment for bad breath varies from oral hygiene, to avoiding certain kinds of foods, particularly those causing a reduction in the production of saliva. Some helpful ways of treating bad breath are mentioned below. You'll also discover the reasons that make them effective.
1. Brush your teeth, followed by gargling, at the end of each meal: it helps eliminating the food particles that may be left in your mouth. These tiny particles can cause a foul smell as they start decaying.
2. Scrap the tongue: your tongue has millions of infinitesimal hairs, where bacteria gets trapped and causes bad breath. You can recognize the presence of bacteria on your tongue as it gets coated with a white layer.
3. Chewing sugar-free gum encourages the flow of saliva, while a dry mouth encourages the growth of bacteria. So, if you keep your mouth hydrated, the bacterial growth is eliminated or restricted.
4. Visit your dentist periodically: your dentist can discover if any gum problems or perhaps a decayed tooth are the cause of bad odor. For instance, that filling in your tooth may have cracked, or it might be inefficiently positioned, allowing food particles to get deposited there, resulting to a bad breath.
5. Avoid mouthwashes and breath fresheners that contain alcohol: though such formulations help masking bad odors for a while, they also dry the mouth quickly, and thus facilitate undesired bacterial growth.
6. Apply peppermint oil: this solution may be applied with or even without using a toothbrush. It has mouth refreshing properties, and it helps killing unwanted bacteria.
7. Use baking soda: a proven treatment for bad breath is brushing your teeth with baking soda. It also helps keeping a good oral health.
8. Consume leafy green vegetables: many people are not aware that chlorophyll, as available in leafy green vegetables, helps keeping your breath fresh all the time. So, start eating such vegetables regularly.
9. Avoid certain foods: toxic foods, such as spicy meats and certain varieties of cheese, including blue and Camembert, should be avoided, as they encourage the formation of gases in the stomach, and these tend to escape through the mouth, causing a foul smell.