Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anuj KaushicYour feedback matters!
Hi all, I am 27 years old male working in private sector and I am suffering from below two problems: 1) at times I feel severe pain in my chest [i. E right b/w the lungs] for a while and than it vanishes itself what do you think the possible reasons are? 2) also, I am not able to sleep like I use to in my college days and hence, got the dark circles from last four years since I have started to work as software engineer. Could you lease help me with that? note: while sleeping I breathe from my mouth instead of nose and hence I snore as well, also results in generating bulk of saliva. Please help me with these issues. Thanks in advance.
I am 78 years old. I have tinnitus. Of late my voice is going down. I gargle with salt water every morning. I have difficulty in swallowing also. What is the remedy.
I am only 15 years age and I have a ear blocking problem due to wax every year the same repeats. So please say the final remedy by which I can be free from this.
Hello, i'm 19 years old, male. I have irritation in my ear like its full and itchy. When I breathe out air passes out of my ear and like it is blocked. I have consulted two ent specialists they just say, your ear canal is fine! this problem happens at least once in a to days. Please help.
I am a male 54 yrs old,I snore a lot during deep sleep,whats' the solution & treatment for this problem?
I'm felling swallowing inside my throat on right side, some times something yellowish small pigment comes out. Can you help me to identify what's happening to me?
I am a 23 year old male. I had unprotected sex with my gf on 28th of May, 2016. Though I didn't enter her fully, my penis did touch her vagina walls. Around 2 weeks later, she had her periods. But since two days, She complained of some dizziness and weakness. On 25th of June, 2016 she did a pregnancy test and it showed 2 lines on the T part of the test kit. Can she be pregnant? Please advice.
Droplets of blood are found in my mother's left ear and she says it causes pain. She is suffering from severe cold and have been very weak. When consulted to a general doctor, he said it should be meniere's disease. What is it actually and is it something serious?
I am having problem of ear pain since 4 days. From past 2 days I am hearing a sound in ears, actually I have sinus problem. Please tell me the solution.
I m suffering from sinus. Tell me the name of medicines that I should take, Also tell me home mede remedy to cure sinus. Thanks.
I have vertigo and headache problem. After treatment it remains OK for sometime but after 4-7 months it again starts attacking me. I am in a worst situation. While sleep on bed it seems that bed is going down and down. While sitting on hard surface it seems that it is moving. please help me I have exams after a week.
I have been suffering from continous vertigo since 6 years its like it came 6 years ago and didn't go, pain in left ear, engine type sound in left ear, lose my body balance its look like I can fall, I have been nuerologist, psychiatrist and every other doctor but my vertigo is still intact, please suggest me something.
Hi, I have three big ulcers in my throat. Is it fine to leave it to recover on its own? Any food or medicine I should take or anything to be aware of? Thanks.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.