Lybrate.com has top trusted Acupuncturists from across India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita C DharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors on everyday I am skipping my breakfast not intensely but Thing is am Bachelor and stay alone. I have to reach office on time and due to this am unable to cook my breakfast. Pls guide me what shall I take for my breakfast so that I can prepare easily and reach office on time. This happen with me from past 3 months regularly. Suggest me where I can my healthy breakfast due to this I have lost my 3 kg of weight too.
Iam a 26 year lady and iam very lean just 40 kg' s. I want to put on weight. Though I eat much more than others i am still underweight. I do eat non veg and all the fatty foods. I do went for body check up and found no problem. Please suggest!
Hello Dr. My problem is whenever I go outside I feel anxiety till on the way back to home. 2. If weather is hot and humid then also feel anxiety 3. Less interest in other activities means laziness. 4. Wherever I get anger feel tightness between the eyebrows. 5. Negative thoughts for any work. Please guide me to come out of this.
I do cycling every day to improve my fitness and I am worried about my physique and feel to get 6 abs and get good health does cycling give me that shape and fitness I am doing cycling every day for 1 hour does it work out.
Since last month I have been drinking around 8 to 9 liters of water. Will it effect me badly if I continue drinking the same amount of water? What average amount of water to drink daily is idle for an adult?
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.