Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anish D Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anish D AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old female. I had unprotected anal sex on 19th December. On this month I was suppose to have periods on 5th January. It did not happen. I am scared. Please help.
Me 23 years ki married ladki hu mere es mahine period nhi aye 10 din late ho gye h mene pregnancy test kiya bo positive tha .kya me abhi maa banne ke lia taiyar hu. please mujhe pataye me ye nhi soch pa rahi hu ki abhi maa banu ki nhi. Help.
Some basic components for good sleep
1. Regular physical exercise (preferably not in evening's)
2. Minimise daytime napping
3. Avoid fluid intake or heavy meals just before going to bed
4. Avoid caffeine intake (tea, coffee, cola drinks) before sleeping hours.
5. Avoid regular use of alcohol (especially avoid alcohol as hypnotic for promoting sleep)
6. Avoid reading or watching television in bed.
7. Sleep in dark, quiet and comfortable environment.
8. Regularize time for going to sleep and waking up.
9. Try relaxation exercise.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With In-vitro fertilization (IVF), couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is 55 suffering from Thyroid and diabetes. Menopause period is over and lost interest in sex and having lack of sleep. Past 3 months she is complaining for headache and throat infection.
Freckles, moles etc are generally found more in persons with pitta skin type and vitiation of pitta humour. Visible more on fair skin.
Proper bile secretion, good appetite, good digestion and good excretion is necessary to clear away the toxins and getting full benefit of antioxidant food and medicines.
Aloe vera, chirayata, pitpapda, manjishtha extracts should be used with khadirarishta and manjishthadi kwath for detoxification and blood purification as well as nourishing the skin. Extracts of these herbs in equal ratio is used in the dose of 1/2 gm to 1 gm bid with water or honey. Aloe vera also provides vit a, c, e and minerals ch, zn, cu, mg. It's anti bacterial and anti viral too.
Foods: try to get organic fresh leafy green food, grapes, melon, plums; variety of grains; cow ghee, extra virgin olive oil (organic).
Avoid: microwaving n boiling food. These destroy 85% anti oxidants. Prefer to steam these. Microwaves break the food chain.
Spices- turmeric, coriander, cumin, black pepper help skin detoxification.
Haridra cap, manjishtha cap, neem cap. Of himalaya pure herbs may be used initially.
Pranayam, yoga, meditation and ayd oil massage (neem, marichyadi tel etc) also help to fight freckles.
Hope it helps you.