Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Jadhav
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Anand JadhavYour feedback matters!
Bursitis is a disorder that is characterized by inflammation of a fluid-filled sac called the bursa. Bursa is present in between various tissues such as muscles, tendons and bones where friction may occur. This sac cushions the tissues and prevents friction. The usual areas that are affected by this condition are hip, shoulder, knee and the elbows.
The symptoms of bursitis are:
- You will experience pain in the affected area
- Tightness and stiffness in the area
- Local swelling
- Fever and redness of the area if there is an infection
- Any physical contact with the area causes pain
Bursitis may also occur due to the following reasons:
- Ageing results in loss of elasticity of the tendons, thus impairing their ability to tolerate any stressful activity
- Sports such as baseball where you are required to throw the ball with force may lead to bursitis
- If you do tasks that require kneeling down on a regular basis
- Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
- Inflammation from other conditions such as Tuberculosis gout, thyroid disorders and rheumatoid arthritis may lead to bursitis
Treatment The condition is treated by using a variety of methods such as anti-inflammatory medication and physical therapy. Antibiotics are used to treat any underlying infection causing bursitis. intra-lesional steroid Injections may be administered once infection has been rule out. Steroid Injection is contraindicated in case infection. In severe cases, may resort to surgery to treat this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!