Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Amruta BhaleraoYour feedback matters!
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.
I have pyria. My gum is bleeding and it has swollen and paining a lot for the last two days. Please tell me the right medicine, toothpaste to cure it completely. Help me as early as possible. Please be precise and accurate in your prescription.
I have teeth are yellow. Mainly the junctions have very much black to yellow. Suggest me how can I get rid of them without cleaning teeth by going to a dentist.
I am 25 year old female. I get embarrassed wen I smile in front of the people. Bcoz I do not have a beautiful smile. So I decided to put teeth clips on my teeth. My teeth looks straight but front four teeth are in same size. Wt should I do for my problem. Is it safe to wear clips at this age. Kindly tel me the solution to my problem.
My tongue has white spot surrounded by red area. It's been over a week now. They appear one at a time or once they heal another area of the tongue become like that. It's burning a lot whenever that area touches my teeth. The spots are smaller in size.
Sir/madam, my father is suffering molar (upper jaw n lower jaw teeth) pain while eating anything (other than rice. Even slight hard food chewing he is getting severe ache. He has no problem with front teeth. please suggest any paste or jel to cure this pain.
My friend is suffering from mouth ulcers and he is facing difficulties for having food, is there any immediate solution for this?
Helo sir I am navin I am 20 years old man n I have suffering from cavity problem so what should I do.
Some times in my mouth coming blood. What is the problem? Not too much but I'm not getting pain also?
For few days I am facing problem of dry mouth I. E. In middle of night I just woke up and find my mouth totally dry as if all saliva is been sucked. Then I take little water sip by sip as taking glass of water at one go choke me. Kindly advice.
Dr. sahab meri daad main keeda lag gaya hai wo andar khali ho gayi hai aur uska colour black ho gaya hai usme thanda garam bhi lagta hai ab main kya karun please koi keeda hatane ko medicine ya koi upay ho to please aap bayaiye ji.
I have severe mouth ulcers above portion of tongue. It is paining allot I am not able to eat or drink having mild fever .3-4 ulcers full red and painful.
Sir meri saans me bahut badbu aati hai Maine ghar pe kuch ayurvedic treatment kiya magar kuch bhi farak nhi pada.
We all look at pictures of our favorite celebrities and long to have that perfect while smile showing off well-aligned teeth. However, due to various reasons, our teeth do not seem to be like theirs. Some of the reasons for the not-so-white teeth include:
- Food habits like excessive cola, coffee, tea
- Tobacco chewing and smoking
- Fluoride deposits seen in people in which the community water has excessive fluoride content
- Side effect of medications like tetracyclines.
However, with teeth achieving major cosmetic value, a lot of developments have happened and now a set of white pearls need not just be a dream. Whether it is just one tooth which is oddly colored or the entire set has taken on a darker shade, teeth whitening procedure comes to the rescue. It is well within the reach of most people, with options that can be managed both in the office and at the convenience of your homes.
Whatever the technique, the basic chemical is the same, hydrogen peroxide, which is a well-known bleaching agent. This works very well on extrinsic stains and may take repeated visits to the dentist to whiten teeth with intrinsic stains like fluorosis.
Things to remember:
Before going ahead with teeth whitening, the dentist will inform you that:
- Cavities need to be treated before teeth can be whitened
- Receded gums need to be treated before teeth whitening
- Any crown work that is pending should be done before the teeth whitening can be done.
Once all the above mentioned things have been take care of, the next step is to clean the teeth completely. This cleaning will ensure that your teeth are free of bacteria and other deposits. The patient's impressions are then taken to make customized trays.
The dentist will provide you with a kit, which contains the trays and the bleaching material. The material should be applied on to the trays, left in place in the mouth to produce the bleaching effect. This may need to be repeated for about 2 to 3 weeks.
Whitening can be done on vital teeth or on non-vital teeth-
- Vital teeth are usually bleached in the clinic, where the bleaching agent is applied on the tooth. It is then activated by a laser light to produce the active chemical that whitens the teeth. If the staining is excessive, then in-house vital tooth whitening may be followed by a couple of home applications.
- Non-vital teeth: Teeth which are root canal treated turn brown over a period of time. Whitening these root canal treated teeth is known as non-vital tooth whitening.
So, if you are not happy with your set of teeth, there is always a solution – get them whitened and see your smile broaden.