Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Amol ChavanYour feedback matters!
I have a red eyes frm three days. What should I do. Please give any suggestions. I am a male and my age is 20.
I have red eyes from 10 days and also lightly fever from 15 days so what to do? Should I go to doctor.
Doctor, I have allergy in my eyes when I come near heat these becomes red and tears comes very fastly please advice me to solve this problem?
After taking bath my eyes goes red and after an hour in the sun my eyes are red. So please suggest what to do.
Here are health facts of Cornea
Hi, I am Dr. Bhupesh Singh. I am a cornea specialist at Bharti Eye Hospital, New Delhi.
So, the Cornea is a transparent structure in the eye which becomes white or opaque due to various process like eye infection, some injury to the eye or some other pathology. For treating the Opacity of the cornea, Cornea transplantation is a very good option. In Cornea transplantation, we place the donor cornea to the patient with the help of stitches. After corneal transplantation, usual recovery is within a period of 3 months, Patient is able to see nicely after 3 months. Cornea transplantation can be done under local or general anesthesia depending on the patient’s age.
So, in conclusion, I would like to say cornea transplantation is a very good option for removing the corneal opacity. Thank you.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello sir. My friend met with an accident around 10 years ago and he hurt his one eye n he is suffering from vision problem, after consulting a doctor report he has a scar on his retina vein. His left eye vision is (6/24). If you could please suggest me what can be done or suggest me the best of best eye care hospital in India. Thank you.
Sir, my right eye is blinking since 5 days, what's should I do, what's the cause. Please advise some medicine.
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.