Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmeyaYour feedback matters!
I'm losing hairs so quickly. I've tried all shampoos but no effect. What should I do? Can you please help.
My age are near 20 year and I am 5'6" in hight only so I want to increase hight. Hence is there any solution for it?
My son is 12years old his height is 132cm his growth has stopped and height is also not increasing he has white spots on face what should we do to increased his height.
Hi. If a single drop of sperm enters into the vagina, are there any chances of getting pregnancy? Thanks.Please tell.
My son is 40 days old. Dctr says that he has a extra wire in his heart which increases his heart beat to 300 sometimes. Doctor says that he has small holes also in hi heart bt it' ll b fine after some time. I wanna know is there any problem of this wire problem. And what is the reason of all this. And what could happen in my son's case ?
It is heard that water should be drunk after half to one hour after meal for proper digestion. Is it true or false. How much water to be drunk after meal.
Hi my mane is shahil I am feeling safucation in breath and when I go to sleep I feel weak too much tired. When I wake up I feel lazy why why.
Sir I m very fat. Can you pls suggest me how to lose weight. Pls tell me suggest as soon as possible.
I, m 36 yr old male and have neck pain for last 2 years. What should I do. Before 9 mmonths I give a physiotherapy treatment for 5 days
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
Related Tip: Three Ways to Protect Your Knees?