Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmbikithYour feedback matters!
Hi m 29 year old. Now pregnant and its my first month of pregnancy. I came from India to UK for work since 9 months. My doctor here in UK did not give me any supplement other than folic acid. No iron. Calcium or anything. Is it ok? I feel tired all the time.
His wife is not interested in sex due to being too religious. She feel guilty to have sex with her husband . What is the solution? Please tell.
This is a condition in which women are unable to climax in spite of adequate sexual stimulation. It is a common condition that affects a significant number of women. Female orgasms vary in several ways; it may differ in intensity or duration. The symptoms of anorgasmia are mainly the delay in attaining orgasms or the inability to orgasm.
What are the types of anorgasmia?
- Acquired anorgasmia- In this type, orgasms have been attained before, but due to some factors, have stopped now.
- Lifelong anorgasmia- Orgasms have never been felt.
- Situational anorgasmia- Here, you may be able to orgasm in certain situations alone. Like in a certain position, or oral sex or with a particular person only. Most women cannot orgasm to vaginal stimulation alone.
- Generalised anorgasmia- In this, you are unable to climax in any situation or with any partner
What causes this?
Orgasms is a very complex process. It takes a combination of physical, psychological and emotional factors to reach an orgasm. So, if any of the above mentioned is compromised, it can lead to temporary or permanent anorgasmia. The several factors that can typically cause anorgasmia are:
- Medical diseases- Diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis can lead to anorgasmia
- Medications- Medicines such as anti-depressants, anti-histamines, cardio-vascular medications can interfere with orgasms
- Smoking and Alcohol- Alcohol can lead to the inability to climax, whereas smoking cigarettes limits blood flow and has a similar effect.
- Gynaecologic issues- Surgeries such as hysterectomy or cancer surgeries can hamper with the ability to achieve orgasms.
- Poor body image
- Anxiety or depression
- Financial issues and stress
- Fear or Sexually Transmitted Diseases or pregnancy
- Past emotional or sexual abuse
- Fights or conflicts in the relationship
- No attraction toward the partner
- Lack of connection
- Poor connection with partner regarding sexual needs
How to treat it?
After you consult your sexologist, he might suggest you sex therapy or cognitive behavioural therapy. You may also seek couple therapies. Women can also try increased stimulation. Most women have a hard time achieving orgasms via vaginal stimulation. You can try clitoral stimulation or other positions that may benefit and increase the chances of achieving an orgasm.
A couple of days back I underwent ultrasound and the doctor told me that I have multiple follicles on my ovaries. She did lh, fsh and amh tests and concluded that I have polycystic ovaries. Does it effect my fertility? Can I conceive?
Actually my wife has gone under birth control surgery 10 months ago in January 2015 after giving birth to our baby by cesarean. But now we have lost our child in an accident and we are trying from last 2 months that she may get pregnant again by luck but the surgery has done perfectly so she is not getting pregnant. I have already suggested her we will adopt a child but she is not agreeing to adopting. So, now she wants to get pregnant again and give birth to a child of her own. So please doctor tell us it is possible by operating to reverse the previous birth control surgery. If it can be done please suggest us how and where it can be done. Please doctor I beg you for her she has fully depressed by losing her child and by any cost she need a child of her own.
Cervical cancer is highly preventable with regular screening tests and appropriate follow-up care. It also can be cured when found early and treated. Cervical cancer is almost always caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Vaccines are available to protect against the types of HPV that most often cause cervical cancer.
Two tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early—
•The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, which are cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
•The HPV test looks for the virus that can cause these cell changes.
The Pap test is recommended for women between ages 21 and 65, and can be done in a doctor’s office or clinic. Women should start getting Pap tests regularly at age 21. If your Pap test results are normal, your doctor may say you can wait three years until your next Pap test. If you are 30 years old or older, you may choose to have an HPV test along with the Pap test. Both tests can be performed by your doctor at the same time. If your test results are normal, your chance of getting cervical cancer in the next few years is very low. Your doctor may then say you can wait as long as five years for your next screening.
Why does my child need HPV vaccine?
HPV vaccine is important because it protects against cancers caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.HPV infection can cause cervical, vaginal, and vulvar cancers in women; penile cancer in men; and anal cancer, cancer of the back of the throat (oropharynx), and genital warts in both men and women.
When should my child be vaccinated?
The HPV vaccine is recommended for preteen boys and girls at age 11 or 12 so they are protected before ever being exposed to the virus. HPV vaccine also produces a more robust immune response during the preteen years. Finally, older teens are less likely to get heath check-ups than preteens. If your teen hasn't gotten the vaccine yet, talk to their doctor or nurse about getting it for them as soon as possible
3 Things Parents Need to Know about Preventing Cancers
The HPV vaccine is given in 3 shots. The second shot is given 1 or 2 months after the first shot. Then a third shot is given 6 months after the first shot.
IN new current concept
Girls between 9-15 years need two doses of Cervical cancer vaccine ( HPV Vaccine) at 6 months apart
After 15 years Three Doses are required at 0 ,6 ,24 months
I'm having trouble with periods since start. My first period also I got at age of 16 from medicine I took suggested by my doctor. I'm 20 now. They are irregular since then having at least two months gap. I've to take medicines mostly for it. Is there way to make it natural and regular?
I have a matured 15 days daughter but my wife is unable to produce adequate breast milk please suggest medicine to increase breast milk.
Hello, mai ek student hu aur abhi study chal rhi hai mai pichale 5 year se girlfriend ke sath relationship me hu es dauran kai baar relation bhi bane hamare bich, maine kai baar us se pucha satisfaction ke baare me to kabhi answer ha to kabhi na par muje bhi lagta time duration kaam hai Pichale 1 saal ke koi relation nhi hai hamare bich aur hum aalag hai ab par maan me ek daar sa rhta hai sexual weakness ka jo sahi bhi ho sakta hai aur nhi bhi Aur ek baat mere ander sperm count bhi kaam hai kai baar test karaya hai.
- In rainny season wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly
- In rainny season wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly, esp green leafy vegetables, cauliflower, broccoli, brinjal, roots and tubers which harbour larvae, worms and dust. Clean them under running water.
- Steaming them is the best way to get rid of germs. Soaking the greens in salt water for about 10minutes can help remove insects.
- Research has shown that using just plain old water can remove 98% of the bacteria when it is used to rinse and soak produce.
- If you decide to use vinegar, research has shown that a 3 part water to 1 part vinegar is most effective. A soak of five to10 minutes should be sufficient. Try to get the water temperature as close to that of the fruit or vegetable that you wish to clean. When you have a variety of fruits and vegetables, it might be best to wash these separately.
Hello. My friend ,she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend. In may. and now she also did pregnancy test ,its showing positive result and she too did not got period since last two month . . She is 19 year old. What should we do? We want abortion. please suggest.
Please advice me what type of precaution I need to take during first time sex .As its very difficult for me to insert my penis in vagina because its too much tight and bleeding also occur to my wife.
Sir, Yesterday day I have unprotected sex with my partner. Present we haven't plan a child. Please how to avoid this one. Could you please give me precautions to stop pregnant in this period.
1] Chia seeds help in weight loss –
Chia seeds help in weight loss by increasing metabolism. Chia seeds when taken as a pre workout snack will help in increasing your stamina to burn out more calories and stretch your workout timings. Chia seeds are full of fiber and help by satisfying your hunger. Making you feel full. Chia seeds can be very helpful in ladies with pcod and pcos problem. Chia seeds help against bloating.
2] Chia seeds help in diabetes –
Chia seeds have a tendency to absorb a lot of water and swell up, this helps in slowing down the digestion process and hence slow release of sugar in the blood. This helps a type 2 diabetic person to manage his blood sugar levels well. This will help in keeping you full for longer and hence avoid overeating.
3] Chia seeds help in maintaining teeth and bone health –
Chia seeds are super sources of calcium and all the other minerals that are important for bone and teeth health. Chia seeds actually contain more calcium than dairy products. For people who do not consume dairies, chia seed comes as a blessing in disguise.
4] Chia seeds improve heart health –
Several studies are being conducted on effects of chia seeds on heart health. A study at cleveland suggested that chia seeds improve blood pressure levels in type ii diabetics. The study also suggested that chia seeds have a positive effect on other markers of heart health. It improves the hdl cholesterol (good cholesterol), and decreases the bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels in blood of a type ii diabetic.
There are certain studies that have not been very conclusive of benefits of chia seeds on heart health. Chia seeds are good source of fiber, omega 3 and protein and they definitely are the best choice of food for your heart’s health.
5] Chia seeds are good source of protein
We all know that proteins are the building blocks of our bodies and proteins have such important functions that are crucial for life processes. Chia seeds are protein by 14 % of their weight.
This helps chia seeds to be counted as a super food for weight loss. It not only reduces appetite and makes you feel fuller for longer, but it also suppresses hunger. Wow! these features are just what a weight watcher desires.
Chia seeds hence make a super snack especially in the evenings when one tends to feel hungry and over eat snacks.
6] Chia seeds are full of antioxidants –
The department of food and nutrition of purdue university in indiana conducted a study on chia seeds in 2008 and found than chia seeds contain a very good amount of antioxidants.
Chia seeds contain following antioxidants:-
- Quercitin – quercitin has endurance increasing properties. It gives an instant boost of energy for physical training. It also helps in fighting fatigue during workout, thus increasing the stamina.
- Chlorogenic acid – chlorogenic acid may be helpful in slowing the post prandial release of glucose in the blood stream. It keeps the liver and the gall bladder healthy by regularising the flow of bile and not allowing it to stagnate. Chlorogenic acid may also be helpful in preventing and curbing the growth of certain brain tumours
- Caffeic acid – caffeic acid may be of help in preventing colitis, cardiovascular diseases, inflammation and also certain cancers. It also increases immunity.
Chia seeds are a good source of omega 3 –
Chia seeds are advertised as good source of omega 3 fatty acids, but it is important to know the underlying facts. It is true that chia seeds contain more omegas 3 than salmon fish. But amongst the different types of omega 3 fatty acids, chia seeds provide ala (alpha linolenic acid). Ala has to be converted to its active form to be of use to us. However humans are inefficient in converting these acids in to active form. And hence their consumption would hardly make any difference or benefit us. If you are looking to supplement omega 3 in your diet, you could rather choose flax seeds.