Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar ToshniwalYour feedback matters!
Hi my baby was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux with suspected uti. And was put on antibiotics till date. She was 2 months old at diag. Now she is normal. Should we need to continue the med. Dose 1.5ml septron.
My 11 months boy baby is doing excess vomiting and loose motion watery type from last 2 days. But now he is doing better, what may be reason and suggest some prescription.
Is it normal for young children to stop taking or needing naps? My 3½-year-old hasn’t taken a nap in quite a while, but seems to do OK.
Girl child age 2 months ssuffered with high spasmoding cough since 4th apr stated treated with agumantin & cough syp, steam inhation for 6 days but there no proper response cpc, crp & chest xray done hb 9.2 tlc 13600 p32 l 62 e4 mi crp -3.6 xray shows shadow pneumonitis sugested treated with nimkcin pep-30 monosef and other measure adopted to prevent there is marginally response to cough but not complete clear rpt xray was clear tlc 13100 no fever between treatment. But there was no reilf with cough when ever wake up a deep cough started and in night after 2 o clock more frequancy, cough is still runs but duration is very less to earlier interwel time also less. All antibiotic stoped on 20th apr child is on cough syp ascorole my and plain steam. A digital xray was done that wnl except superior mediastinum is widened due to enlarged thymus glands on the rt side. All above conclusion is that cough is not in complete relief.
My baby won't sacking my milk I tried nipple shield also now she was finished her 9 weeks. She was nursing only few times but not every time similarly I have low milk supply. I'm really hurts when I feed her formula milk. I don't know what to do!
My son a 6 and half months old. I have started him feeding ragi and rice ganji. N hz started loose motion 4-5times a day (from3 days back) please suggest me how to cute this. Reply me fast.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.