Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amar Toshniwal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar ToshniwalYour feedback matters!
During the early growing years, children are prone to a lot of airway problems, including asthma, tonsillitis, and sinusitis. Their immunity is also low, which contributes makes them prone to develop these infections very easily.
Homoeopathy is believed to be a milder form of treatment with minimal side effects and also get rid of the underlying medical condition and also improve their immunity. Read on to know more about these conditions and what products homoeopathy uses.
- Asthma: Asthma is a common condition with wheezing episodes and difficulty breathing. Asthma attacks can be triggered by emotional stress, change of weather, occupational effects, family history of atopic diseases. Some of the commonly used homoeopathic medicines include Ipecac, Arsenicum, Nux Vomica, Natrum sulphuricum, and Kali bichromicum. The weather of the place you reside and the time of the attacks also have a major role to play in choosing the right component.
- Adenoids: This is the group of lymph tissue that is hidden behind the roof of the mouth. Their infection causes pain, fever, difficulty breathing, sinus infections, and snoring. Hydrastis, Calcarea phosphorica, Agraphis nutan, Tuberculinum, and Cistus Canadensis are some of the most frequently used compounds to treat enlarged adenoids. Managing adenoid infection can be useful in preventing adenoid surgery, which is very frequently done.
- Nasal Polyps: These are overgrowths of the nasal mucosa, and they lead to blocked nose, frequent sneezing, and nasal voice. The associated symptoms of loss of smell, bleeding, nasal obstruction, distension of the nose, will decide the right compound for you. Calcarea Carb, phosphorus, conium, Teucrium Marum Varum, Hekla Lava are commonly used to manage nasal polyps without having to go through surgical removal.
- DNS: The right and left nostrils are separated by a thin layer of bone and cartilage called the nasal septum. When this layer is not at the centre, but deviated to the right or left, it can cause breathing problems, nasal congestion, and sometimes pain and nosebleeds. In some people, this could also be a cosmetic issue with the external nose also looking crooked. Sangunaira, Aconite, Ars alb, Thuja, Tuber, Teucr mer are some compounds which produce good results.
- Tonsillitis: The tonsils are lymphatic tissue in the back of the throat, and due to various reasons, there can be attacks of acute or chronic tonsillitis. Baryta Carbonica, Calcarea phosphorica, Bromine, Calcarea iodata, and Lycopodium are frequently used to manage tonsillitis without having to remove them.
- Sinusitis: There are 4 major sinuses in the facial region and depending on the sinus affected, there can be heavy-headedness, blocked nose, facial bone pain, runny nose and pain between the eyes. Silicea, Merc Sol, Belladonna, Pulsatilla, and Kali Bichrome are effectively used to treat chronic sinusitis symptoms.
Most of the airway passage conditions in children can be treated with homoeopathic medications with minimal side effects and reducing the need for surgery. It is very important to understand that each child is unique and the right regime will be drawn up after a detailed discussion about history, accompanying symptoms, and predisposition to the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi Doctor, My daughter is 22 months old. I have a question over her diet. As summers are at peak, my baby is not eating or drinking any thing, she only takes Lactogen- Stage 4, which is a cause of worry for me. She is becoming very weak now a days. As she is not eating properly, she is getting irritated and crying all the time. I request your help to get a solution for her healthy diet during summers. Thank You!
However, after the permanent teeth come in, sucking may cause problems with the proper growth of the mouth and alignment of the teeth. It can also cause changes in the roof of the mouth. Pacifiers can affect the teeth essentially the same ways as sucking fingers and thumbs, but it is often an easier habit to break. The intensity of the sucking is a factor that determines whether or not dental problems may result. If children rest their thumbs passively in their mouths, they are less likely to have difficulty than those who vigorously suck their thumbs. Some aggressive thumbsuckers may develop problems with their baby (primary) teeth.
Children usually stop sucking between the ages of two and four years old, or by the time the permanent front teeth are ready to erupt. If you notice changes in your child’s primary teeth, or are concerned about your child’s thumbsucking consult your dentist.
Tips for helping your child stop thumbsucking:
Praise your child for not sucking.
Children often suck their thumbs when feeling insecure or needing comfort. Focus on correcting the cause of the anxiety and provide comfort to your child.
For an older child, involve him or her in choosing the method of stopping.
Your dentist can offer encouragement to your child and explain what could happen to their teeth if they do not stop sucking.
If the above tips don’t work, remind the child of their habit by bandaging the thumb or putting a sock on the hand at night. Your dentist or pediatrician may prescribe a bitter medication to coat the thumb or the use of a mouth appliance.