Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amar Toshniwal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar ToshniwalYour feedback matters!
Can puberty girl do the yoga regularly? My daughter has attend the aged on 4 June. She is doing yoga her age 4 onwards. While she was going yoga class, her teacher said up to next period you don't do the yoga. Kindly clear my question. If she will attend period on sixth month later. Can She wait up to six month.
My daughter is 19 months old. She is suffering from persistent diarrhoea of 7 to 10 days. She has been recommended ZnD, Zeedott, Benegut, Pedialyte. Worried about my little one as her intakes are very less. Urine output is also low. Though she is active but fussy about eating. Concerned about management of situation. We are trying to give her chaach, coconut water, khichdi, soup, soya milk etc. But she is not having it much.
My daughter is now 9 n half months she has cold . But her eyes looks like infected wit all yellow coming out n she cannot open her eyes after she gets up from sleep.
When do kids start losing their baby teeth?
Children will lose their first tooth around age 6. They’ll continue to lose 3–4 teeth per year until they have lost all 20 of their baby teeth by about age 12.
Which teeth fall out first?
Baby teeth usually fall out in the order they came in. The front bottom teeth are often the first to go. The last teeth to fall out are usually the big molars in the back of the mouth.
Does losing a tooth hurt?
Losing a tooth shouldn’t hurt very much. If it is very painful, it probably means that your child is trying to pull a tooth that’s not quite ready to come out. If the pain gets bad, you can put an over-the-counter, pain-relieving gel on the gum surrounding the tooth. Make sure it’s for children, and don’t use it too much or too often.
Should I pull a loose tooth?
The short answer is no. It can tear the gum tissue around the tooth and cause injury. Allow your child to gently wiggle their tooth. But tell them they should let a tooth fall out on its own.
What happens if my child swallows their tooth?
Nothing, really. Accidentally swallowing a tooth isn’t a big deal. It will simply pass through the body.
Will there be a lot of blood when my child loses their tooth?
There shouldn’t be very much blood at all. When there is a lot of blood, it is usually caused by forcing a tooth out before it is ready. To stop bleeding, have your child bite down on gauze, cotton ball or a clean cloth until the bleeding slows.
When do permanent teeth start to grow in?
Usually it takes a few weeks for the permanent tooth to begin to poke through. It will take a few months more for the tooth to fully grow in.
What to do when i see a permanent tooth erupting before the baby tooth has fallen out?
You need to visit your dentist and get a examination done for your child. In some cases it may be advisable to remove the baby tooth to make way for the permanent one.
My daughter is 12 years old her face texture has changed. She has got tiny heat pimples on her forehead and on back of her neck. She has got blackheads on her nose. She uses antidandruf shampoo for her hair and clean and clear face wash. Can you suggest how to remove that blackhead and improve her skin texture.
I have 4 months baby and Mother cannot produce milk for baby. We are using dexolac 1. What can we do so that mother will be able to breastfeed or any other suggestion?
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.