Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
I am twenty two year boy. I am suffering from panic disorder since long and I can not find way to come out. Please help.
I am suffering from hairloss, I have started using arnica oil and shampoo twice a week, still the problem is same, what else should I need to do?
Hi, im not married im single im 29 year old my periods was normal I do not have any problem like pcos r thyroid, I got my period on 25th sep and October 25th I should get but I didn't get period after 45 days I just got spotting but not normal please help me I should consult doctor r wat.
I felt some times drowsy. And wondering my head. At that time I feel may be I get down. Especially some morning times. Please clarify me why it is happening me?
Hi there, my name is ashish and I am 29 yrs old. My problem is that sometimes or manytimes usually whenever I spit or brush my teeth a bit blood come to my mouth, could you please help me out regarding this.
Hello doctor while playing with my friends and my knee started too pain a lot then I went too the doctor and after the MRI doctor told that I have ACL tear in my knee and I have to undergo arthroscopic ACL reconstruction but it have been a year and I have not done the operation because it do not pain much but some time it starts too pain when I play keep standing for long time what should I do now please help.
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
Say me a medicine by which my skin looks fair and my small black spots wipe out from my face in a week.
1. Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
2. Leave it on overnight.
3. The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
4. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.