Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit A PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old. Man working in indian coast guard. I have upper back and neck pain since six months.
I am a 23 years old man and I have a problem in my both wrists, my elbow and biceps are very good in size but my both wrists are very small in size like a 7, 8 year old boy. What should I have to do?
I have minor muscle pain of right hand from last 15 day. Pain started while playing kabbadi. What should I do?
I am 64 years old. I am having diabetes and also spondylitis. Does slow walking really reduces Sugar?
I am 32 year old male. During match I fell down in ground. My left knee was twisted and have pain & swelling in knee joints area. Recently took mri its grade 2 acl tear. Wht I want to do. There is little instability in my day to day activities.
I am 37 years old, my legs from thigh to toe getting pain from last 6 months. What the medicine you suggest for me.?
I am 20 year old male and have backache for last one month. I have use pain relief cream. What I do now?
Pain in the neck and the upper back region for last 4-5 days. Slight headache at the back as well. Had a pain killer in the morning but that didnt help. What do I do ?
My knee is bad for 5 days and i've tried everything I could my I didn't get the relief what should I do?
I got fracture in my hand on jan 30, it was the major fracture and got plaster for 2 months. My question is can start gym now or should wait?
Hi hand and fingers get stilled every morning for sometime. What can be the reason and what she needs to do. Please help
I am suffering from back pain from last three years .I also used omni gel pain relief .it gives relief for a while. After few hours pain starts again. What to do?
Gone are the days when mostly elderly people complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.