Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijeet Somkuwar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijeet SomkuwarYour feedback matters!
Hi. Doctor I have a problem of nose bleeding since childhood. The nose bleeding occur mostly in months of april to july and at present I am 24 years old and suffers that problem, so what can I do. Please suggest me.
I am a 21 year old guy. I live in nashik for my education and my home is in Mumbai. I came home last week, I'm having headache and my throat gets jammed in the morning as well. I'm having mild cough and cold also.
Hi, I am a swimmer and i'm currently not swimming for a few months because it is summer holidays. I am on holiday now and i'm feeling pain on my right ear when I lie down or when I close my mouth after opening it. Is this ear infection? Because I used to have ear infection. What should I do?
In my neck near tonsil a white thing and when I swallow my split it painful and feels that there is somethings.
My age is 23 with average blood pressure of 140/90. From the age of 18 I’ve been diagnosed with the blood pressure. In city scan doctors reported that I’ve nose bent problem and. Nose obstruction. I would like to know if blood pressure is related the nose obstruction? I’ve been gone through all test and doctors told me there is no problem with kidney or any other parts.
I have some infection in my throat there Re white yellow bumps like things which is irritating me there is no other symptoms like fever pain etc only throat irrigation.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!