Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. A. ShirodkarYour feedback matters!
Hi wat are the best nutrient powder to gain body and mass I am planing to join gym from mid of this month pls suggest me good one.
Love making is generally portrayed as a way to great pleasure. However, what most may not know is that intercouse can be painful, very painful, so much so that you at times don’t want it. In fact, an alarming 75% of women have had pain during sex at some point in their lives. There are physical and psychological components to this, both of which can be managed easily if identified. While some may be frank and talk about it, a lot of them go unspoken and therefore endure the pain in silence.
Painful intercourse, which is a major deterrent for a happy intimate life, has a lot to do with the mindset and emotions than actual physical or physiological problems. Fear of being hurt, performance anxiety, sexual inhibitions, past history of abuse, etc. are major contributors for painful intercourse.
Physical causes for the pain include temporary reasons like the ones listed below.
- Vaginal Infections: Fungal infections of the vagina and surrounding organs are very common and there could be sores or lesions, which can turn painful with sex.
- Vaginismus: Another common condition leading to painful sex, these are involuntary contractions, which often happens as a defense mechanism. The woman has the fear of being hurt and so these spasms happen.
- Gynaecological Issues: Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menstrual disorders, endometriosis, cervical problems and vulvar injuries are other causes which can lead to painful intercourse.
With any of these, the remedy lies in acknowledging the problem.
If there are no physical issues, talking about the past, discussing her fears and anxiety can help. Many times, the expectations are often unspoken and there is a lot of uncertainty, fear and anxiety between the couple, especially with respect to intimacy. A frank talk can help ease both of them, and that can often help in reducing pain during sex. If required, counselling can be sought,so that she opens up. In most cases, one or two sittings with both couples and a counsellor can help find the problem and work out a lasting solution.
Lubrication is often another problem that leads to pain. When there is not sufficient mental stimulation, the chances of a dry vaginal mucosa are high. Artificial lubricants can be used to help with easy penetration and reducing the pain. Infections can be managed with antibiotics, often topical, unless it is very severe and requires systemic antibiotics. Women who have delivered babies should refrain from sex for complete healing, as it can be painful.
Menopause is another reason for painful sex and this is due to lower hormone level. Using hormones either topically or supplements like birth control pills can improve overall sexual urge and lead to painless sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
As the new year begins, the one fruit which is available in abundance are grapes. The black/purple and the green variety, seeded and seedless, are all over the place. Given the weather slowly changing from winter, they seem like the best thing to beat the summer heat. And yes, they are. Not just for overall health, they are also great for the skin and hair. Read on to know more.
Benefits of grapes for skin:
- When the sunscreen lotion does not help much and sunburn happens, the one of the best home remedies is to apply mashed grapes for about 30 minutes. The grapes are rich in antioxidants (proanthocyanidins and resveratrol). They reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and also reduces cell damage caused by excessive skin exposure.
- Rubbing the grape pulp on the face for about 20 minutes can help reverse and control antiaging better than any chemical treatment. It reduces the effect of free radicals which lead to fine wrinkles and dark spots.
- Grapes are also rich in vitamins c and e which helps in making the skin supple and improves skin tone and reduces scars.
Benefits for hair:
- If hair loss scares you, apply a paste of seeded grapes. The linoleic acid and grape seed oil can add strength and prevent hair fall.
- Grapes can also be mixed with fenugreek and chickpeas for use on hair to improve life and lustre of the hair and add volume.
- The vitamin e and antioxidants also help improve scalp blood circulation, fight dandruff, reduce itchiness, and improved hair health.
Benefits on overall health:
- Relieves headache: The various antioxidants in the grapes help in relieving the headache almost instantaneously. Eat them up or drink if you have a headache, even migraines.
- Improves digestion: They improve digestion and reduce digestive problems, thereby curing indigestion. They also are shown to help in controlling colon cancer.
- Good in diabetes: Diabetic patients need not be worried about the sweet grapes. The pterostilbene in them helps lower sugar levels, and in the long run, it can also prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Cholesterol control: The polyphenols help in controlling heart disease by reducing plaque formation.
- Eye health: The reduced oxidation process and controlled inflammatory process helps in improving eye health, especially in the retina, which is full of proteins.
- Potassium in plenty: 100 g of grapes contains about 200 mg of potassium, which is a treasure. It improves blood pressure (by countering sodium), and also controls cholesterol and reduces salt intake.
- Brain health: The antioxidants like revasterol help in improving blood flow and helps in controlling alzheimer’s and improving memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a herbal expert.
Is it possible to increase height after 25 years? If yes, are there any good medicines available in india for increasing height.
My mother tested for hemoglobin A1c and it's value is 5.8%. What precautions she should take? It seems like she is pre diabetes. We also got her tested for simple diabetic test and it came out normal. She has high cholesterol too. Her total cholesterol is 235.
I am so thin please help. My bones are too small as compared to the boys of my ages and heights and I look thin and dry. People thinks me as I am small boy but I am already 20+. And my digestive system is very poor, I go toilet after 2-3 days and sometimes even after 4-5 days. Actually I masturbate daily from 11-12 years that's y or something else be the I am not understanding please help.
Everybody knows what it's like to feel anxious -- the butterflies in your stomach before a first date, the tension you feel when your boss is angry, and the way your heart pounds if you're in danger. Anxiety rouses you to action. It gears you up to face a threatening situation. It makes you study harder for that exam, and keeps you on your toes when you're making a speech. In general, it helps you cope.
But if you have an anxiety disorder, this normally helpful emotion can do just the opposite -- it can keep you from coping and can disrupt your daily life. There are several types of anxiety disorders, each with their own distinct features.
An anxiety disorder may make you feel anxious most of the time, without any apparent reason. Or the anxious feelings may be so uncomfortable that to avoid them you may stop some everyday activities. Or you may have occasional bouts of anxiety so intense they terrify and Anxiety disorders are the most common of all the mental health disorders. Considered in the category of anxiety disorders are: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, Social Phobia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Specific Phobia, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Acute Stress Disorder. Anxiety disorders as a whole cost the United States between 42-46 billion dollars a year in direct and indirect healthcare costs, which is a third of the yearly total mental health bill of 148 billion dollars. In the United States, social phobia is the most common anxiety disorder with approximately 5.3 million people per year suffering from it. Approximately 5.2 million people per year suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. Estimates for panic disorder range between 3 to 6 million people per year, an anxiety disorder that twice as many women suffer from as men. Specific phobias affect more than 1 out of every 10 people with the prevalence for women being slightly higher than for men. Obsessive Compulsive disorder affects about every 2 to 3 people out of 100, with women and men being affected equally.