Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. A. ShirodkarYour feedback matters!
I am so much depressed. Probably I don't have more problems. But I am not at all happy. I am always thinking about something and worried about it. I can't concentrate in any things. I thought I want to cry. I don't have any peacefulness in my mind please give some suggestion. why I am like this. I didn't like anything in this world now. Just blank.
I get acidity and gastric influx almost everyday. I survive on pentacid tablets.But need a permanent solution to the problem.Many times ven the pentacid doesnt work and i suffer a lot. Second problem is that my heels pain a lot at the end of the day. I have a sitting job and dodnt walk much. Still i suffer from acute ache in my heels at night
My forehead is a little dark in complexion than my face. So please give some remedy to to make it fairer.
Hello doc, I have heard cocontion of oil is very beneficial for hairs, my condition of hairs is very rough dry n even grey hairs tooo so which all oils should I mix n in what amount?
At age 28, when I randomly went for a health check up. I was bit surprised and shocked. My BP was on a higher side. 160+ / 84+ Doctor advised me for a detailed investigation/diagnosis of it frm a specialty hospital. My question here is what are the reason to have such BP at dis age ? I don't have any major health issues till now. What do I need to control this from now on ? What diet should I follow and what do I need to overcome this ? Please advise.
Cancer can be a traumatic experience not only for the person concerned, but also for their family members and loved ones. If cancer is dreadful, surviving through the treatments, especially chemotherapy, is no less than a struggle in itself. Some people are left physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted after chemotherapy sessions.
Thus, it goes without saying that the affected person should take good care of their health. They should remember and follow few simple yet effective points before and after chemotherapy.
- Love yourself: Chemotherapy can affect your physical appearance. Do not allow this to affect you or your confidence. You are a brave person. Love yourself, be proud and confident of your body. You don't need others to tell you how beautiful you are.
- Healthy foods for a healthy you: After chemotherapy, people often lose their appetite. Even the tastiest of foods appear unpalatable to them. Skipping the meals will only deteriorate your health. Try and help yourself with small servings at regular intervals of time. Fish, eggs, dairy product (low-fat) are an excellent source of proteins and should be a part of your diet.
- A healthy dental hygiene: Chemotherapy can result in Oral Mucositis (a condition that may cause mouth sores) in some patients. Practice a good dental hygiene. Brush your teeth thrice daily. To speed up the healing process, one can rinse the mouth with a mild mouthwash or salt water (after every meal). Avoid foods that can aggravate the condition (particularly hot and spicy foods).
- Keep your body hydrated: Chemotherapy can leave the skin rough and dry. Keeping the skin hydrated is important. The benefits of water are not new to people. Drink water to keep your skin and body hydrated. Take small sips throughout the day. A well-hydrated body will help in eliminating the toxins effectively.
- Stay in shape: People often tend to put on few kilos during chemotherapy. Weight gain may not be a healthy idea during the treatment. Maintain a healthy body weight. Try and avoid foods that are high in carbohydrate and fat content. Include more of vegetables in your diet.
- Keep constipation at bay: Constipation is one of the common menaces associated with chemotherapy. While it is important to keep yourself hydrated, including fibrous foods and vegetables in your diet can also help to deal with constipation better.
- Many people complain of nausea and vomiting after chemotherapy: While the condition can be highly uncomfortable, there are ways to ease the discomfort. Try and avoid foods that are very oily or those that have a characteristic strong odor. Ginger tea, peppermint candies can be helpful. Many people also benefit from Acupressure bands. Take rest till you fell better.
- Chemotherapy can be stressful: Meditation and light to moderate walking or breathing exercise can help you relax better. Try and be as happy and cheerful as possible.
- Diarrhea is one of the side effects of chemotherapy: Severe diarrhea can dehydrate your body. Thus, drink water and other (doctor recommended) fluids frequently. It is best to avoid high-fiber foods, foods rich in potassium, or those that can irritate the digestive system (hot and spicy foods).
- Alcohol is a bane best avoided: Avoid alcohol during Chemotherapy sessions. It can have deleterious effects on the health, leading to various complications and health disorders. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 kg to 85 kgs. I want to loss weight. Please help.
Good morning sir. Please tell me how can I loose my fat. I feel often tiredness even I have avoid junk food and do exercise regularly. But bad my habit is that to chewing tobacco always.
I am 47years I have high blood pressure and thyroid and using medicines. My question do I should take antacid medicine along with my regular medicine s.
How to be energetic and feel healthy. In winter season my all skin feels unpleasant and very dry. Please help me. And my face gone pimples and oily skin. How to lose my weight.
I am 38 years old and diagnosed with diabetes for the first time though From the past 10 days I have changed my lifestyle and have monitored the fasting sugar level which is coming to be 110. Yesterday it decreased to 104 and today it increased to 113. Also since yesterday I am having throat issue including Running nose. I have started taking high fiber diet though at the same time I am consuming Diet Coke / Pepsi sometimes. Please assist what should be done. Also what fruits I should consume!
Sir tell me any cream name that will become useful for me my face have a darkness and under eyes there are darkness please tell me cream name.
Hi doctor. I am having pain on my left breast regularly. Is it due to increase in size or due to reason that I go fr washroom late in the morning though I feel to go there early but due to laziness I still lie on bed. So please suggest me.
If you are taking a thyroid hormone replacement drug like levothyroxine (Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Unithroid, Tirosint), liothyronine/T3 (Cytomel, compounded), or natural desiccated thyroid drugs (Armour, Nature-throid), you may be making one of these common mistakes.
Not Taking Your Medication at All
Some patients decide, without their doctor's approval, to go off thyroid medications entirely.This can be dangerous if you have a surgically removed or radioactive ablated thyroid, or if your thyroid is atrophied or underactive due to Hashimoto's disease. Read more about patients who refuse to take their thyroid medication.
Inconsistency in How You Take Your Medication
One of the keys to success with thyroid medication is consistency. That means, taking your prescribed dosage, daily, at the same time each day. You also want to be consistent about other issues, such as whether you take your medication with or without food, and before or after starting/stopping a high-fiber diet.
Missing Doses of Thyroid Medication
If you have trouble remembering to take your thyroid medication, you are not alone. Some people find it difficult to get into a routine of taking thyroid medication daily, and at the same time each day. Here are ten creative ways to remember to take your thyroid pill.
Taking Generic Levothyroxine
For some patients, the variation in consistency from one maker of generic levothyroxine to another can have a negative impact on proper thyroid replacement.
If you have this experience, you may want to ask your doctor about writing a "dispense as written/no substitutions" prescription for a brand name levothyroxine.
Drinking Coffee With Your Thyroid Medication
Coffee can interfere with the absorption of your thyroid medication. So if you want to drink your morning coffee, take your medication, and wait at least an hour before drinking coffee. (Note: the levothyroxine drug Tirosint, a liquid-cap form, appears to be unaffected by coffee, and may be able to be taken together.)
Not Considering Taking Your Thyroid Medication at Night
If you must have your coffee first thing, or you need to eat in the morning, or take calcium and iron supplements in the morning, you may want to discuss with your doctor whether to take your thyroid medication at bedtime. This can help aid in effective absorption of your medications.
Taking Calcium or Calcium-Rich Foods Too Close to Your Thyroid Medication
Be careful about taking calcium supplements, calcium-fortified orange juice, and high-calcium foods (i.E, Greek yogurt) at the same time as thyroid hormone. Allow at least 2 to 3 hours apart from your thyroid medication, so that absorption is not impaired.
Eating High-Fiber Foods or Taking Fiber Supplements Too Close to Your Thyroid Medication
Be careful about eating high-fiber foods, or taking fiber supplements, with your thyroid medication. The fiber can impair the absorption of your thyroid medication.
Taking Thyroid Medication Too Close to Certain Medications
You need to be careful about taking thyroid medications along with other medications. For example, you should not take antacids within two hours of thyroid hormone. Allow at least two to three hours between your thyroid medication and antacids, so absorption is not affected. Watch for interactions with antidepressants and thyroid hormone. Zoloft, Paxil and Prozac, for example, can make thyroid medications more or less effective, and may mean you need a dosage change in your thyroid medication. Proton pump inhibitor drugs like esomeprazole and omeprazole -- which are taken to combat stomach acid -- can also impair absorption of thyroid medication.
Not Taking Thyroid Medication While Pregnant or Breastfeeding
Some women mistakenly think that thyroid hormone drugs are dangerous to a baby during pregnancy or breastfeeding. The opposite is actually true. Taking the appropriate dose of thyroid medication is essential for a health pregnancy and baby. Don't stop taking thyroid hormone when you're pregnant or breastfeeding
Eating Too Close to the Time You Take Your Thyroid Medication
Ideally, you should take your thyroid medication in the morning, and wait an hour before eating. (Conversely, if you absolutely must eat, make sure you do this consistently, and you should still should put three to four hours between your thyroid medication and iron, calcium and fiber-rich foods.)
Taking Estrogen Without Checking For and Adjusting Your Thyroid Hormone Dose
Women taking estrogen -- hormone replacement therapy, or in the birth contol pill -- may need to more thyroid replacement hormone. The reason? Estrogen increases the body's production of a protein that binds thyroid hormone to it, making it inactive.This can cause a need to increase the dosage level slightly, as there is no thyroid to compensate. After beginning any estrogen therapy, have thyroid levels tested to see if the estrogen is having an impact on thyroid function.
Not Knowing About Synthroid Allergenic Fillers
Synthroid tablets are made with two ingredients -- acacia and lactose that can trigger allergies in some people. Some people who have pollen allergies and hay fever -- especially to tree an d grass pollens -- may also have an allergy to acacia, which is found in Synthroid's formulations. Another ingredient in Synthroid is lactose, which can trigger symptoms in people with lactose intolerance -- the inability to digest lactose, a major sugar found in milk. For those patients with these allergies, the hypoallergenic, liquid-cap, drug Tirosint -- which has no fillers or dyes -- may be a better option.