Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Wadekar Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
I am a teacher. I speaks continuously for 8 am to 2 pm and then 4 am to 8 am. Now I am feeling some pain in my throat .my voice is changing .some stammering. Please tell me this is because of excessive speaking. What should I do to make me relief.
Nose bleeding happens because of presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, colds and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
1. Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
2. Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
3. Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures :
1. Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
2. Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
3. Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
4. Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
5. Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
6. Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
7. Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
8. Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions 'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I did the ear cleaning from a doctor and I was following treatment of doctor then I realize that my that my one ear is ringing is it a disease or any infection? Is it treatable I am 25 years old now? please help me
I am 30 years old married woman .I have sinus for the last 15 yrs. 2 years back undergone surgery for removal of folip. Now for the last two months it has become severe. I am not able to breath through the nose. Pl advice whether there is any medication to reduce that or what can i do ?
Sir I pain irritation in throat and have irritation when I speak. I am a smoker and drink beer also.
I am facing irritation and sometimes pain in the right neck and right ear. It sometimes feels that something is stuck inside the ear and sometimes irritation occurs. Area under right ear down the neck feels heavy and irritation kind of feeling. Tympanometry and audiometry reports are normal but problem still persist. Moreover recently I am experiencing dizziness and trouble breathing.
Hello doc. aged 53. I have pain down the jaw line. There is swelling too. Earlier I had salivary gland infection. Cold it be the same I want Homeo patio treatment for this could you suggest some medicine for this ,thank you.
I am suffering from a sore throat diseases. Please inform me. What is solution of diseases. Fast answer now.
Hello, My both Ears are getting very hot and looks red by itself, mostly it happens after or during my Office hour, when talking in Mobile, during doing any physical activity like gym, and when I am applying cold water or wash with water then gets some relief. I am suffering it from last 5 month. Kindly Advise or tell me to which doctor I should consult. Please help me with that
My aunty is 56 years old and has irritation in her throat and coughs a lot. Though hot steam inhalation, gargle and drinking hot water has got her a lot relief. However, she stills coughs, specially while sleeping.
As sleep I feel little heaviness in on face and jaw and nose area. Sometimes I have twitching also near at the corner of nose and in legs and hands also for few seconds. I am having teeth sensitivity and little bit pain and little pain near ear also. Please tell me the solution?
Hello everyone I I am having pain in my left ear .actually there was itching inside my ear so I used my finger to itch and since 5 days it's its paining a lot .please tell me what to do and a medicine .i have taken an antibiotic and candid ear drop but it's its paining still.
I have acidity and anxiety. I am so confused. But constipation, chest tighten, back pain, upper abdomen pin, stomach fullness, dizziness, heartbeat racing sometime, sensation and rarely chest little pain and burning also stomach, headache and fuzzy head, cough in throat. Some kind sensation in throat. tasteless, burping, teeth eroding. And weakness, muscle pain and nervousness.
Hi Doctors, I feel pain in the middle of the throat and left side of the neck below the ear whenever I try swallowing something. The pain also triggers a momentary head ache every time. I can feel slight stiffness in the left part of my neck. Earlier this was diagnosed as LPR a few weeks ago, and after 10 days with Nexpro 40 mg this had vanished and reappeared again now. Not sure if this is a throat infection or LPR. Swallowing causes slight ear oain too. Please help.
Itching of throat chest and foot ,runny nose and small red dots on whole body which get swollen up after itching.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure where modifications are made in the shape and size of the ear. This procedure can only be carried put after the ears are fully developed, that is after the age of 5. This surgery can be used to improve the functionality as well as the appearance of the ear.
The reasons why people opt for otoplasty are-
- If the ears are relatively large in comparison to the face
- When the ear sticks out excessively from the head
- Problems caused by any previous surgery
Incisions are either made through the back of the ear or through the inner creases of the ear. Once the incision is made, then the excess skin or cartilage is eliminated. After completion of the surgery, the incisions are closed by stitches. The entire process generally lasts for up to two hours.
After the stitching is done, the ears are covered with bandages. Once the bandages are removed from the ear, a loose headband is worn to provide support to the ears while sleeping.
Risks associated with the surgery
There are certain risks associated with this surgery, like:
- Formation of the scars due to the surgery
- An asymmetric appearance of the ears as the healing process may affect it
- Decreased skin sensitivity in the adjoining area
- The stitches in the ear can cause inflammation in the skin. It may also lead to an abnormal shape where the ears have a pulled back appearance
- Like other surgeries, bleeding and infection may occur
Post procedural care
The following precautions should be taken after completion of otoplasty:
- The headband should be used constantly after the surgery for about two months
- Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided
- If rash forms after the bandages are removed then consult a medical professional