Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Vaidya M M Kasbekar ClinicYour feedback matters!
वैज्ञानिक नाम लॉसोनिया इनर्मिस वाले मेहंदी के फायदे से हम काफी हद तक परिचित हैं. खासकरके मेहंदी के पत्तों को पीसकरके बालों और हाथ पैर में लगाने की जानकारी तो सबको होगी. मेहंदी भारत, अरब देश, पूर्वी द्वीप समूह और उत्तरी अमेरिका में उगाया जाता है. मेहंदी के छोटे सफ़ेद या गुलाबी फुलों की खुशबु भी काफी अच्छी होती है.
मेहंदी के औषधीय फायदे मुख्यतः के लिए इसके तेल, छाल और बीज का सर्वाधिक इस्तेममाल किया जाता है. मेहंदी के पौधे में पोषक तत्वों और रसायन की प्रचुरता होती है. इसमें कई प्रकार के प्रभाव जैसे कि एंटीइन्फ्लेमेटरी, एंटीबैक्टीरियल, एंटीवायरल और कसैलापन आदि देखने को मिलते हैं. इसके फायदों को ठीक से समझने के लिए निम्लिखित बिन्दुओं को पढ़ें.
1. खून की सफाई में
मेहंदी का प्रयोग खून की सफाई में भी किया जाता है. खून साफ़ करने के लिए आयुर्वेदिक औषधि के रूप में इसका इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. इसके लिए रात को सोते समय साफ़ पानी में मेहंदी के पत्ते भिगोकर रख दें सुबह पत्तों कू छानकर अलग कर दें पानी को पी जाएँ. इससे खुन की सफाई हो जाती है.
2. गठिया में
जोड़ों के दर्द या गठिया के उपचार में भी मेहंदी की भूमिका देखि गई है. घुटनों या जोड़ों में दर्द की समस्या होने पर ये फायदा पहुंचाता है. इसके लिए मेहंदी और अरंडी के पत्तों को को एक समान मात्रा में मिलाकर इसके मिश्रण को हल्का गर्म करके घुटनों पर लेप करें.
3. माइग्रेन में
सर में किसी प्रकार का दर्द या माइग्रेन की परेशानी में भी मेहंदी का सकारात्मक प्रभाव देखा गया है. ठन्डे तासीर वाली मेहंदी को पीसकर सर पर पट्टी करने से तुरंत राहत मिलता है. इससे किसी भी प्रकार के सरदर्द में आपको राहत मिलती है.
4. जलने पर
शरीर के किसी हिस्से में जलने पर भी मेहंदी अपना असर दिखाता है. शरीर के जिस हिस्से या अंग में जला है वहां पर पीसे हुए मेहंदी के छाल या पत्ते को लगाएं. इससे तुरंत राहत मिलती है. खासकरके जब मेहंदी की पत्तियां हरी और ताज़ी हों.
5. बालों के लिए
बालों में मेहंदी लगाने के फायदे तो सभी लोग जानते ही हैं. दरअसल अब तो इसके कई और मिश्रण बाजार में आ गए हैं. बालाओं में दही, आंवला और मेथी पाउडर का घोल तैयार करके इसे अपने बालों में लगाएं. ऐसा करने से आपके बाल काले, घने और चमकदार बनेंगे.
ठण्ड महसूस करने के लिए
6. गर्मी को कम करने में
घर-घर में प्रचलित मेहंदी महिलाओं के लिए एक तरह से ज्वैलरी का भी काम करता है. इसके साथ ही इसका उपयोग अब मरीज को अतिरिक्त ठण्ड की आवश्यकताअनुसार मेहंदी को हाथ-पैर और तलवों में लगाने से शरीर की गर्मी कम होती है.
7. कब्ज को ठीक करने में
काब्ज को ठीक करने के लिए 5-10 ग्राम हिना के पत्ते और 5-10 ग्राम किशमिश को मिक्स करके इसका एक बारीक पेस्ट बना लें. रात को खाना खाने के बाद इसका 10 से 20 ग्राम लेंने से कब्ज में राहत मिलती है.
8. पीलिया से बचाव में
एक मुट्ठी मेहंदी और एक मुट्ठी आंवला को 10 ग्राम के साथ मिलायें इसके बाद इस मिश्रण से निकले रस को छान करके 1 से 15 मिली के की खुराक में सुबह खाली पेट मीठे छाछ के साथ लेने से पीलिया दूर होता है.
वैज्ञानिक नाम साइनोडान डेक्टीलान वाली दूब घास के फायदों को देखते हुए ही इसे आयुर्वेद में महाऔषधि कहा गया है. जाहिर है हमारे धार्मिक मान्यताओं और पूजा-पाठ में भी इसका उपयोग प्राचीन काल से होता आ रहा है. दूब घास को दूर्वा के नाम से भी जाना जाता है. यदि इसमें पाए जाने वाले तत्वों की बात करें तो इसमें फाइबर, प्रोटीन, फास्फोरस, पोटेशियम और कैल्शियम प्रचुरता से पाया जाता है. आइए अब बात इससे होने वाले फायदों की करते हैं.
1. दिल को स्वस्थ रखने में
आपको ये जानकार हैरानी होगी कि दूब घास का नियमित सेवन हमारे रक्त में कोलेस्ट्राल का स्तर घटाने के साथ-साथ दिल के क्रियाकलापों में भी सुधार करती है. इस तरह से दूब हमारे दिल का ख्याल भी रखती है.
2. पाचन और उल्टी में सहायक
दूब घास एक डिटॉक्सिफायर के रूप में काम करती है जिससे शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थों को नष्ट करने और अम्लता को कम करने में मदद मिलती है. इसके परिणामस्वरूप पाचन ठीक से हो पाता है. इसके अलावा जिसे उलटी हो रही है उसे दूब घास का रस देने से उसे आराम मिलता है.
3. शुगर में
दूब घास के फायदे आपको शुगर में भी लाभान्वित करते हैं. कई शोधों में इसके ग्लाईसेमिक क्षमता को सही पाया गया है. दूब घास का अर्क शुगर के मरीजों पर हाइपोग्लिसिमिक प्रभाव छोड़ता है.
4. तरोताजा रखने में
दूब घास को नींद न आने की बीमारी और थकान में एक प्राकृतिक उपाय के रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. इसका नियमित सेवन तंत्रिका तंत्र को मबुत बनाता है आपके शरीर में सक्रियता बनाए रखता है.
5. एनीमिया में
किसी भी प्रकार के रक्त स्त्राव जैसे कि पीरियड्स के दौरान, चोट, या नाक से निकलने वाले अत्यधिक रक्त स्त्राव में ये बेहद प्रभावी है. ये लाल रक्तकोशिकाओं में वृद्धि करके हिमोग्लोबिन का स्तर भी बढ़ाता है जिससे कि एनीमिया जैसे बिमारियों में फायदा पहुँचता है.
6. प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाने में
आपके स्वास्थ्य के हमेशा बेहतर रखने की जिम्मेदारी प्रतिरक्षा तंत्र पर होती है. दूब घास में प्रोटीन भी भरपूर होता है इसलिए इससे इम्यूनोमॉड्यूलेटरी गतिविधि को अनुकूलित करने में मदद मिलती है. इसके अलावा ये एंटीवायरल और एंटी-माइक्रोबियल गतिविधि से भी युक्त होती है. जिससे कि ये रोगों से ज्यादा मजबूती से लड़ पाती है.
7. अल्सर में
दूब घास में पाए जाने वाले तमाम तत्वों में एक होता है फ्लेवोनोइड. ये एंटीअल्सर गतिविधि को अंजाम देता है. इसके अलावा ये कोल्ड और मसूड़ों से होने वाले रक्तस्त्राव को कम करने में मदद करती है. ये सांसों से बदबू भी कम करती है.
8. महिलाओं की समस्याओं में
पेशाब में इन्फेक्शन की संभावना पुरुषों की तुलना में महिलाओं में ज्यादा होती है. महिलाओं के लिए बवासीर और योनी स एसफेद स्त्राव की अवस्था में यदि उन्हें दही के साथ दूब घास दिया जाए तो काफी लाभकारी साबित होती है. स्तनपान में वृद्धि के लिए इसमें प्रोलैक्टिन हार्मोन का उत्पादन बढ़ाने की क्षमता होती है.
9. सरदर्द में
सरदर्द में दूब घास का फायदा लेने के लिए इसे बेसन के साथ पीसकर इसका पेस्ट तैयार करें और इसका माथे पर लेप लगाएं. आप देखेंगे कि इससे राहत मिलती है.
10. त्वचा को स्वस्थ रखने में
त्वचा संबंधी विकारों में भी दूब घास के फायदे मददगार साबित होते हैं. ऐसा इसमें पाए जाने वाले एंटीसेप्टिक और एंटी-इन्फ्लेमेटरी एजेंट होने के कारण होता है. इससे ये खुजली, एक्जीमा, स्किन रशेज और अन्य कई समस्याओं के इलाज में उपयोगी है. हल्दी पाउडर के साथ इसे मिलाकर पेस्ट बनाएं और इसे तवचा पर लगायें.
11. मिर्गी के उपचार में
मिर्गी के मरीजों के लिए भी आसानी से उपलब्ध दूब काफी फायदेमंद साबित होता है. दूब घास के अर्क में चन्दन का चूर्ण मिलाकर मिर्गी के मरीजों को देने से काफी लाभ मिलता है.
- A dehydrated body cannot burn fat or gain muscle!
- Thirst is a late indicator of water. Hydrate yourself every 1- 1.5 hours!
- Everyone of you must known to nutrients but you people must not be aware of anti - nutrients
- As nutrients maintain life, the anti nutrients are harmful to life.
What is anti nutrient?
- It is any substance that stops the beneficial nutrients being absorbed and used by the body like alcohol, cigarettes, man-made chemicals, pesticides, antibiotics and synthetic hormone residues can all be described as anti-nutrients.
- Tap water in some areas may be described as an anti-nutrient. Tap water may contain nitrates, lead or aluminium, all are anti-nutrients.
- Fried food, foods cooked on a barbecue and burnt food can all be classified as anti nutrient because they cause free radical damage to ourcells.
Diwali is a great time for family reunion. Festivities, fun and frolic rule the atmosphere. Amidst all kinds of pujas and other rituals, bursting crackers happens to be an integral part of it. This not only pollutes the atmosphere, but also affects the health of the people. Bursting crackers leads to the release of heavy metals like potassium chlorate, arsenic sulphite, sulphur, aluminium and copper into the air. This results in the deposition of high levels of residual particulate matter or rpm and suspended particulate matter or spm. These things emanating from the crackers are responsible for allergies. Many problems in the skin may start occurring and may even result in medical hazards.
In order to take care of your skin and avoid any kind of serious allergy or skin problem, follow these steps:
Crackers and fireworks should always be handled with care. They have many chemical components like charcoal, sulphur and potassium nitrate present in them. Also, they have substances which emits bright and colorful light. Those who are vulnerable to allergies such as running nose, skin rashes and itching skin allergy due to crackers, the situation may worsen if tight clothes are worn. They can further aggravate the rashes. A cool compress or a shower is the best way to get relief from a rash, which is itching or burning like fire. Then it has to be patted dry and moisturized. Aloevera can bring great relief for inflammation. In case of any burn or any itching or any reaction on skin alovera will work very effextively, so it should always be kept handy. In case the symptoms are too severe, and a doctor is not available immediately damp dressing is the best solution. A soft cotton piece of cloth should be soaked in raw milk. It should be then wrung out little and used to cover the affected area or the whole body.
All the above-mentioned methods are good ways to take care of skin allergies during diwali. However, there might be some skin problems which do not go on their own. In those cases, the help of a doctor is the ultimate solution. Consult our experts get answers to your questions!
Good morning doctor, I am Asif .from kerala I wish to know how to loss fat from body within 2 weeks .is it possible to anyone. And am very interested to make body fit. Can you help me to suggest dieting methods. I hope a reply from you. Thanks. Doctor have a nice day.
1. Make sure you eat small portions. Try avoiding second servings of the same food.
2. Eat sweets in moderation.
3. Increase water intake
4. Move around little more than what you usually do.
5. If you have had heavy meals during the day have light foods at dinner. Plan your dinner well.
6. Restrict intake of excessively salty foods.
This year burst crackers of negativity, anger, pride, jealousy, distribute sweets of harmony love honour respect, joy. Wear new clothes of good health.
1) Always keep distance from firecrackers
2) Splash water if anything goes in eyes
3) Use dark glasses to protect your eyes while using lighthings and bombs
4) Wash your hands properly after making rangoli
5) Contact nearby eye specialist if the irritation persists even after washing eyes.
6) Avoid using old medicines inspite just use water.
Doctor please suggest me a good shampoo which can control hair fall and dandruff, please please I want to grow my hairs thick n long. I am facing problem wid hairs, My hair type - thin n straight hair (might be oily scalp)
While combing your hair, tufts of hair coming out with your brush does not make up for a good sight. It is said that your hair adds to your personality. So, when you start experiencing hair thinning and hair fall, naturally it affects your look as well as confidence.
There are a number of ways by which you can combat hair thinning and subsequent hair fall. There are some regimens you need to follow:
- Have a healthy and balanced diet rich in nutrients and proteins. The antioxidants present in vegetables and fruits prevent hair fall.
- Drink lots of water as it will keep you hydrated. Staying hydrated is one of the best ways to tackle the menace that hair thinning is.
- You should get adequate rest each day. Lesser sleep hours are directly associated with malfunctioning of the hormones and a weakened immune system, both of which directly impact hair thinning and hair loss.
- Use a good herbal shampoo that is rich in organic substances and proteins and low in ‘paraben’ (group of preservatives present in cosmetic products, primarily shampoos) and sulphur content.
Some measures which you can adopt to prevent this condition are:
- Eggs are great for promoting thicker hair. You can either consume it or use the egg yolk directly on your scalp. Let the egg yolk on your hair for 30 minutes and then wash it off with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Olive oil adds to the health of your hair, acting as your home-based hair spa. Massage your hair with olive oil and leave it for 40 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. You can also use honey to make a concoction out of it.
- Avocado is a natural way to moisturize your hair and scalp. The fruit is rich in vitamin E, which thickens your tresses. You can also include avocado along with olive oil to make a thick hair paste. Apply it on your scalp and wash it off with a mild shampoo after 30 minutes.
- Castor Oil, which is available in any local medicine store, is the easiest way you can get thicker hair. It has Vitamin E which makes your hair and scalp healthy. You can mix castor oil with coconut oil to make it thicker. Use this concoction on your scalp to fight hair thinning as well as to get the lost shine back.
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure wherein excess fat and skin are removed to flatten the abdomen. In most of the cases, this surgery is performed to bring back weakened or separated muscles creating a smooth and firm abdomen. When diet and exercise fail to help an individual get the abdominal profile he or she may be looking for, the surgery is performed.
What causes fat and skin buildup around your abdominal region?
Irrespective of the body proportion or body weight you may have, you can still develop an abdomen that sticks out or is loose and flabby. Aging, pregnancy, heredity, changes in weight and surgery are a few of the common causes of the buildup of excess fat and skin around this area.
Who can opt for this surgery?
- The procedure is suitable for both men and women. - If you are a woman who has had several pregnancies, the surgery can help to reduce the extra skin that gets formed as well as tighten your abdominal muscles.
- - The procedure can help both men and women who have extra flab to get rid of the fat deposits that get settled around the belly region. Even loose skin can be corrected through this procedure.
Types of Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck surgery is of 2 types:
- Complete tummy tuck- In this classical form of tummy tuck, the abdomen is cut from the hipbone to hipbone before the skin, tissue or muscle is contoured as needed. During this surgery, the belly button is moved and drainage tubes are placed under your skin.
- Partial tummy tuck- This form of mini tummy tuck is usually performed on individuals whose fat deposits are present below the belly button. Usually lasting about 2 hours and unlike complete tummy tuck, it does not involve surgically moving the belly button.
Benefits can you expect:
Regarding benefits, the procedure is known to offer the following:
- Tightened abdominal muscles for a flat abdomen.
- Improved body contour, especially of the abdomen.
- Improved confidence of the person.
One of the effects of pregnancy is lowered libido. Pregnancy can tire out a woman and put a hold on her relationship with her partner. Even after the baby is born, a woman may not feel inclined to have a sexual relationship with her partner. Though this is normal, it can lead to problems in your relationship. Hence it becomes important to put in an effort towards maintaining intimacy with your partner in a relationship. Here are a few ways to keep the spark alive:
Find alternative ways of staying close: Having intercourse when you have no desire for it makes it a chore. Instead of having sex for the sake of it, find other ways to be intimate. For example, you could take a shower together or massage each other. Being physically intimate can also be as simple as holding hands or touching your partner when you walk past them. A quick hug before leaving the house for work in the morning is also a good idea.
Communicate openly: A woman is not the only person hesitant about sex when pregnant or caring for her newborn. Men may also feel hesitant to initiate sex in the fear of hurting his woman. Many men also become extra gentle with regards to their partner when she is pregnant. Hence, it becomes important to communicate openly and share your feelings and thoughts. Do not be afraid to tell your partner when you feel uncomfortable about your body or when your libido surges suddenly.
Do something together: It is easy to get overwhelmed with preparing for a baby or looking after one. However, it is important to set some time aside for an activity that both of you can do together. It could be as simple as drinking a cup of tea together in the morning, solving a crossword puzzle or watching a television show at before going to bed. The idea is to give each other attention for at least a little time every day.
Accept the changes: A woman’s body undergoes a lot of changes when she is pregnant. Do not fight against these changes but accept them as they are and roll with it. Be prepared for breast milk to leak or for a little urinary incontinence. This is normal. It may help to dim the lights while having intercourse or putting down a rubber sheet over the bed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A urinary tract infection can be painful and annoying. Most urinary tract infections affect the bladder and urethra, but it can also affect the kidneys and ureter. Women have a higher risk of suffering from this infection as compared to men. This is because women have a shorter urethra than men and hence the bacteria needs to travel a shorter distance to reach the bladder. Urinary tract infections can usually be treated easily with a course of antibiotics as long as they are detected in time. If not detected in time, it can affect the kidneys which make it a more serious problem. Hence, it becomes important to be able to recognise the signs of this infection.
Some of the symptoms to watch out for are:
- A persistent urge to urinate but low volume of urine produced
- A burning sensation while urinating
- Cloudy urine
- Blood in the urine which makes the urine appear red, pink or blackish
- Strong smell of the urine
- Pelvic pain
A urinary tract infection that affects the urethra is also known as urethritis. A burning sensation when urinating and discharge along with urine are the most prominent symptoms of this type of infection. When this infection affects the bladder it comes to be known as cystitis. Cystitis patients typically suffer from frequent and painful urination along with discomfort in the lower abdomen and pressure in the pelvic area. They may also notice blood in the urine.
Acute pyelonephritis refers to a urinary infection that affects the kidneys. In such cases, along with the typical symptoms, the patient may also experience high fever, nausea, shivering and pain in the upper back and sides of the abdomen.
This infection can affect a person at any age. Most women suffer from at least one bout of urinary tract infections in their lifetime. Some of the factors that increase the risk of suffering from this infection are:
Certain types of birth control such as diaphragms and spermicidal agents
- New sexual partners
- Urinary tract abnormalities
- Kidney stones or other blockages in the urinary tract
- Weakened immune system
- Use of catheters
- Recent urinary procedures that involve the use of medical instruments
Urinary tract infection can be easily prevented by living a healthy lifestyle. Drink plenty of fluids to flush bacteria and other toxins from your body. Bacteria multiplies in the bladder if urine stays for too long. Hence, urinate frequently and do not try to control your bladder. Avoid synthetic underwear and wear cotton underwear with loose fitting clothes that keep the area around the urethra dry.
How to prevent recurrent urinary tract infections
A urinary tract infection or UTI can be quite painful and uncomfortable. This infection can be described as an infection that affects the ureter, urethra, bladder or kidneys. Women have a shorter urethra than men which makes this more vulnerable to this kind of infection. It is said that most women suffer from at least one bout of this infection in a lifetime. Urinary tract infections are caused by bacteria and may often recur after treatment. However, in most cases, this can easily be prevented. Here are a few tips to help prevent recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Drink plenty of fluids: Ideally, we should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day at regular intervals. This keeps the body hydrated and flushes toxins and bacteria from the body. Water also prevents the formation of kidney stones that could increase your risk of suffering from a urinary tract infection.
- Urinate frequently: If you drink the required amount of water, you will typically need to urinate frequently. Do not try to control your bladder. Holding your urine in your bladder allows bacteria to multiply inside the bladder. This is an easy way for a UTI to begin.
- Follow healthy bathroom habits: Cleanliness is the first step to preventing any infection. When using public restrooms, flush the toilet before and after urinating. In the case of women, it becomes important to ensure that the seat of the toilet is clean as well. After urinating wipe the residual urine with toilet paper in a motion that goes from front to back. Since the urethra is situated very close to the rectum, this step is very important. For uncircumcised men, it is important to wash the foreskin after urination.
- Wear loose clothes: Tight fitting clothes trap moisture and aid in the multiplication of bacteria. Hence, always wear loose fitting clothes that keep the area around the urethra dry. Also, avoid synthetic underwear and only wear cotton underwear.
- Urinate after intercourse: The relative closeness of the vagina to the urethra makes it easy for bacteria to enter the urethra during intercourse. Hence, make it a habit of washing your pubic region after urinating. This helps flush out any possible bacteria that may have entered your body.
- Choose the correct method of birth control: Certain types of birth control such as diaphragms and spermicidal agents can promote a urinary tract infection. Hence, it is best to avoid these types of birth control and pick alternatives.
When a new baby is born, he or she has soft, fine and downy hair called lanugo that disappears shortly after the birth. Normally hair on the scalp and other parts of body becomes thicker and coarser. In middle age, hair growth can be seen on the ears of men and women develop the same on face at the time of menopause. This is due to change in endocrine pattern.
Stages of Hair Growth:
- ANAGEN HAIR (Period of Active Growth): The stage when the growing is in process, the hair is called 'Anagen' hair. Anagen hair keeps on growing from two to five years. In Anagen hair, the cells of follicle grow, divide and are keratinized in order to make hair grow. Having keratin means that the base of the hair shaft is moist and soft and the rest of hair shaft above hair bulb is dark pigmented.
- CATAGEN HAIR (Period of Transition or Breakdown and Change): When the hair is under transition stage, which is from root to end, the hair is called 'catagen' hair. Catagen hair, begin transitional, live for about 7 to 15 days. During this transition phase, the growth activity of the hair stops. Growth of hair is not a continuous affair as some people think. Hair growing takes a resting phase during which no growth takes place and the roots of the resting hair become club-shaped. It is this condition that is called club hairs.
- TELOGEN HAIR (Resting Stage before Resumption Of Growth): Catagen hair live for some time and when they are in the state of rest without any change, they are called 'Telogen' hair. Telogen hair are also called club hair. They are in the state of rest for three to four months before they grow or are pushed from follicle due to growth of another hair or due to some harsh combing/ brushing or hard massaging/continuous drying of hair by hot hair-blower or in fight etc.
All these are mechanical reasons.
Factors that Influence the Hair Growth Age:
Growth of hair is fastest from the age of fifteen to late twenties. The hair grows faster and the rate of growth slows down when he hair have grown to its maximum. There is no limit to maximum but some doctors are of the opinion that this limit is three feel and when the hair are over three feet long, the growth rate drops to half the former growth rate.
- Nervous and circulatory system: The hair is affected by the state of the nervous system and circulatory system. This means that hair have a direct relation with functioning of the entire human organism, mind, sentiments, emotions and the body. Any such stimulation in the body by grief, emotions, etc. makes impact over the opulence of the nerve and blood supply to the head. If grief or emotions continue for some days, it affects the growth of hair.
- Chemicals & Drugs: Chemical and drug reactions also affect the growth of hair. The coloring of hair and dyeing of hair are virtually exposure to chemical reactions and many persons who dye or color their hair have retarded hair growth or encounter falling of hair.
- Heredity: The heredity/genes actually determine the hair density, growth and color of hair.
- Hormones: Hormonal change is one of the reasons for growth of hair. Your Hair ? An Index to your Health. Our hair is not just 'dead' protein it is a pointer to what is happening deep inside our body and mind. Hair has more to it than what appears on the surface. It says a lot more about us than what the stars foretell. The health of our hair and scalp provides us with insightful cues about a host of 'latent' health disorders. In addition, our hair, like our psyche, responds to both physical and emotional stressors, including underlying health deviations, much before apparent clinical symptoms manifest.
DRY, LIMP, THIN HAIR:
This may be a 'cursor' for hypothyroidism. In some cases, the 'tell-tale' sign is hair loss on the eyebrows, especially in the outer third of the eyebrow.
SCALY OR CRUSTY PATCHES ON THE SCALP:
This indicates psoriasis, a common skin disorder. It occurs when the skin for a toss, sending out flawed signals that accelerate the turnover and growth of skin cells. The detection of psoriasis can help us prevent and treat more serious condition- especially psoriatic arthritis, or painful swelling of the joints with scaly psoriatic distress.
It's customary to shed about 50-100 hairs a day. But, when hair appears to be coming out in 'clumps' it's time for action. A job loss can cause such hair loss. Likewise, about of flu or fever, illnesses like jaundice, typhoid and malaria can cause hair loss. Most importantly, diabetes and hypertension can also cause such hair loss, much before they may be clinically diagnosed.
DRY, BRITTLE HAIR BREAKS EASILY:
This kind of hair loss can be a sign of autoimmune disorders, early onset diabetes and thyroid disease.
GREY HAIR: This is no 'red signal' to be concerned that you are getting to 'look old' too early .It is a 'tell-tale' sign of stress, depression, or emotional anguish. However, diffuse grey hair at a young age may be indicative of thyroid problems and vitamin B deficiency. This problem is hereditary also.
A craniofacial surgery is required when there are deformities or abnormalities present in the head or face area of the patient. Depending on the type of deformity, a craniofacial surgery is done to repair or reconstruct it.
The areas that come under a craniofacial surgeon's domain are the cranium (skull), the brain, the face, skin on the face, facial bones, and the nerves. For this reason, in order to conduct craniofacial surgery, a neurosurgeon and a cosmetic surgeon may often work together.
The time taken for completing a craniofacial surgery may vary between four hours and twelve hours.
Why do you need a craniofacial surgery?
There may be multiple reasons why a patient would require craniofacial surgery. These are:
- Tumors in the head or face region are one of the most common causes behind this type of surgery. The surgeries conducted to remove these tumors may sometimes lead to the formation of deformities in the region. A craniofacial surgery is conducted in order to correct them.
- This kind of surgery can also be used to correct abnormalities formed as a result of injuries or wounds on the face, the jaw or the head.
- Some patients may also undergo a craniofacial surgery in order to correct defects that they were born with. Such defects include Apert Syndrome (a syndrome characterized by the premature fusion of certain bones in the skull), cleft palate or cleft lip and craniosynotosis (premature fusion of certain bones in the skull).
Risks related to Craniofacial Surgery:
Certain risks are associated with this type of surgery. These are:
- A craniofacial surgery is conducted after putting the patient under general anesthesia. As a result of this, the patient may suffer from breathing problems, blood clots, infections and blood loss. He or she may also react to the medicine in an unwanted way.
- As a result of the surgery, the patient may also lose their bone grafts partly or wholly. He or she may go through cranial nerve dysfunction or damage in the brain. The formation of permanent scars is another possible risk of a craniofacial surgery. Some patients, especially children who are of growing age, may need a follow up surgery later on.
- Certain patients can face more risks as compared to other patients. These include patients who are malnourished, or suffer from other illnesses like lupus. Those that have suffered nerve damage in the past are likelier to develop complications. Smoking is also another risk factor.
For the past two centuries, Homeopaths have concentrated on the interconnection between psychology and physiology. It has been known for long that Homeopathy has no side effects on a person's overall health and thus it should be implemented in curing mental and physical stress. Mental stress may result from a person's coping skills. You may respond to stress in a wrong way and this further complicates your situation.
You may fail to control your instinctive reactions. Medications in Homeopathy can actually remedy disorders regarding stress management. In many cases, it has been noticed that a physiological disease has a psychological impetus to itself. For instance, people falling under the 'Type A personality' category are more susceptible to heart problems. Their heart problems can be serious enough to make them undergo bypass surgeries. An operation can be avoided if only reasons behind problems at the surface are understood. Patients belonging to the 'Type A personality' category can suffer from 'hurry sickness' with symptoms like bouts of anger, impatience, aggression and hurriedness. These factors together enhance the risk of having heart problems later in life.
The following medicines tackle disorders without any side effects;
- Homeopaths advise you to take Aconitum napellus to reduce physical stress. Aconite napellus is known to treat problems such as a dry mouth, an irritable skin, a pounding heart and so on so forth. This can even cure problems resulting from a traumatic episode in past.
- Another Homeopathic medicine prescribed to deal with anxieties about future is Arsenicum album. If you have fears about your safety, about certainty or about what future has in store for you, this medicine can help you out.
- The medicine Phosphorus is known to treat fears of being alone. Many people are afraid of being alone. They need company all the time. Phosphorus also tackles common fears such as fear of thunderstorms, fear of the dark or fear of ghosts for that matter.
- People facing anxieties about health or anxieties about death often evade sleeping at night. They hallucinate and see apparitions. Mental stress therefore leads to physical stress. Kali- arsenicosum is one Homeopathic medicine to take care of such problems.
Homeopathy as an alternative branch of medicine, comes to your relief without causing other bodily problems during the course of treatment. Hence, to fight mental or physical stress you must try out Homeopathy.